been hearing rumors

JJOtterBear

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that 6.1 is going to be the last big update to the game

If you thought 6.1 was big, just wait till you see 6.2.

Future updates are already in the works to be released later this year, and something special is planned for the 10th anniversary in 2021. Game's not going anywhere.

Edited by Drenovade

Maintenance mode means different things to different people and looks different to different companies.

A hard argument could be made that a game that abandoned its original vision, promoted an online commerce expert to run the show for a few years to promote a cash shop while they used up leftover assets to crank out a few updates (nothing comparable to any other AAA mmo,) then cut the staff dramatically and promoted the customer service guy to run the game while using up the leftovers of the leftovers to try to make new content but mostly focusing on menu, tool tip, currency, gearing, and QOL changes is already in maintenance mode.

Game's not going anywhere.

agreed

Edited by Monumenta

that 6.1 is going to be the last big update to the game, and that maintenance mode is coming. welp, it had a good run boys! maybe the next SW mmo will be even better!

So you hear a rumor that is unsubstantiated and has no sources and you immediately believe it?

I think I have a bridge for sale that you just might be interested in.

that 6.1 is going to be the last big update to the game, and that maintenance mode is coming. welp, it had a good run boys! maybe the next SW mmo will be even better!

Seriously ???

Before you start counting the number of days left … Might I remind you:

It is impossible to mentally calculate the total number of proverbial barnyard pheasant before the total period of incubation has been completed !!

;)

We AINT dead yet !! ( a little crusty around the edges …. maybe !! )

:D

As long as it's not made by those clowns over at Blizzard. I don't think J Allen Brack's paps can take anymore rubbing while he says "Sorry, we'll try to do better, sorrrryyyy" *rub rub pinch* :rolleyes:

[been hearing rumors] that 6.1 is going to be the last big update to the game...

I heard a rumor that 6.1 is just a fever dream cooked up by the demented mind of Friedrich Nietzsche and that the game actually shut down three years ago. I read it on the internet so it must be true.

You believe things that Some Dude On The Internet says? Really?

/me wanders off, shaking his head, muttering like the old man he seems to be becoming.

Well done folks of feeding the troll. Let's get this thread up to 10 pages! You can do it!

Let's get page 3 started!

Spontaneously begins dancing on my pleasure barge to Bananarama's "I Heard a Rumor"...

Nasty Dasty

Edited by Jdast

I played the game in beta and then for about a year after. Back then there were constant rumours the game was going to go into maintenance mode or shutdown. Here we are almost a decade later.

Unless the game started losing money, it's not going anywhere, and they'll continue to develop bit by bit to keep people subbing. With how much SW content we're getting elsewhere I'm sure there is a steady stream of people playing and paying enough to keep the game going for years.