Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Efficient ways to make some credits?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Efficient ways to make some credits?

Storm-Cutter
11.18.2020 , 02:16 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Travel costs are semi-avoidable. Using the heroic-transport buttons to go to heroics is free, and using the Activity panel (normally Ctrl+G) to get *to* the planet's heroics terminal is also free.
While you are correct, I got the impression that the OP was still levelling a character. -possibly their first. Some of the time when it says report to Nar Shaddaa or wherever, it needs you to board your ship to trigger a cutscene, dialogue choice or companion interaction. - So while it can often be bypassed by using heroic transport, it may not advance the story arc, by taking the shortcut. I do recall trying to speed-run a few characters up the levels and fell foul of this quirk several times, making it imperative that I backtrack.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

SteveTheCynic
11.18.2020 , 03:14 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
While you are correct, I got the impression that the OP was still levelling a character. -possibly their first. Some of the time when it says report to Nar Shaddaa or wherever, it needs you to board your ship to trigger a cutscene, dialogue choice or companion interaction. - So while it can often be bypassed by using heroic transport, it may not advance the story arc, by taking the shortcut. I do recall trying to speed-run a few characters up the levels and fell foul of this quirk several times, making it imperative that I backtrack.
That's a fair point, although I'd go a little further and say that using the various fast-travel-to-planet options, including launching the Galaxy Map when you're not in your ship, *guarantees* to not advance any "Travel to Planet X" missions, including the ones that say "Use your ship to travel to Planet X".
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START

merovejec
11.19.2020 , 07:21 AM | #13
What you need to realize is that you get credits from 2 sources, one is the credits generated by the game, the other is other players.

As the people said its best to simply play the parts of the game that give you credits and are fast and efficient. If you google you can find the fastest heroics on both empire and republic. Its idea to use a stealth character for most. Apart from heroics there are pretty easy and fast daily areas like CZ198, Black Hole etc.

Besides that there is conquest which grants you mats from winning so just make sure you join a big guild and sell the stuff you get from conquest. Thats pretty much it for good credit making, besides that you simply need to get money from other players buy using GTN.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Referral Link

KnightKirkyBoy
11.22.2020 , 11:21 AM | #14
What I normally do (this is for subs, but f2p players can do it too if they have the security key so they can get 100cc every month) is I buy Ultimate Cartel Packs and sell them on the GTN for credits altough you have to wait for them to unbound for like 4 days
"Do Or Do Not. There Is No Try." - Yoda
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/WRRdT4 - (Gives you 7 day free sub and items!)
"This Is The Way." - Din Djaring "There Is No Life Without The Force" - Me

SteveTheCynic
11.23.2020 , 01:22 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by KnightKirkyBoy View Post
What I normally do (this is for subs, but f2p players can do it too if they have the security key so they can get 100cc every month) is I buy Ultimate Cartel Packs and sell them on the GTN for credits altough you have to wait for them to unbound for like 4 days
36 hours for subscribers, 72 hours (*three* days) for non-subscribers.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START

easyandrew
11.24.2020 , 03:37 PM | #16
without doing the gtn thing,,,doing fp`s non stop is your best bet with the rxp boosts from the fleet,,and if your like me and have all the gear you want and dont need the 10k frags,,buy armor sets from the vendor,,they sell for around 10-12-21k a pop depending what you get,,and the crates from pvp`ing gives lots of gear you can sell,,yes its crap that normal item drops have gone down in prices,,but with all the stuff we get from Fp`s and Op`s and depending how many charactors you have you can be in the 10-20mil a week like me from just playing the game

DarkTergon
11.25.2020 , 05:52 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by easyandrew View Post
without doing the gtn thing,,,doing fp`s non stop is your best bet with the rxp boosts from the fleet,,and if your like me and have all the gear you want and dont need the 10k frags,,buy armor sets from the vendor,,they sell for around 10-12-21k a pop depending what you get,,and the crates from pvp`ing gives lots of gear you can sell,,yes its crap that normal item drops have gone down in prices,,but with all the stuff we get from Fp`s and Op`s and depending how many charactors you have you can be in the 10-20mil a week like me from just playing the game
The dailies are much better than FP's, as for the tech frags, buy the embers, you get much more for them on the gtn, then you do selling the stuff to vendors. Don't sell the gear, keep converting it in to tech frags, and keep buying the embers (if you don't need gear, or achievements, etc)
{stupid is a hard barrier}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMlVrbO_mAU&t=19s My Coruscant stronghold
Click for free goodies 💖💖💖💖
Long Live SWTOR!!!!