Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

dopezombie's Avatar


dopezombie
02.11.2012 , 01:59 AM | #401
As a geared marauder myself playing in level 50 pvp i can safely say that no spec of sorcerer is the least bit threatening at all. Maybe you just need to sharpen up your skills bud

deltaminus's Avatar


deltaminus
02.11.2012 , 02:02 AM | #402
Every class with knockback > classes with no knockback


Considering most of us play Empire and Huttball is the Warzone we will be playing more then any other.

Gryphandor's Avatar


Gryphandor
02.11.2012 , 02:07 AM | #403
Quote: Originally Posted by dopezombie View Post
As a geared marauder myself playing in level 50 pvp i can safely say that no spec of sorcerer is the least bit threatening at all. Maybe you just need to sharpen up your skills bud
My major issue with the Sorc right now is seeing a group made up of 5 or 6 of them. If even 4 of them are in vent together they will just focus burn anyone together. End of story!

Basically meaning too many Sorc is a bad thing. No matter what spec but a single is nothing to kill.

Rallic's Avatar


Rallic
02.11.2012 , 02:07 AM | #404
Quote: Originally Posted by Jellison View Post
Oh, look. Sorcerer number 10 000 that wants to preserve how ridiculously overpowered he is so that he can kill everyone easily in his generic build and try to show his "skill" to other players because he has nothing else to show them.
O look bad player number 15 that that thinks its.the sorcs that are op and not the truth that he just sucks hahaha

Gryphandor's Avatar


Gryphandor
02.11.2012 , 02:10 AM | #405
Quote: Originally Posted by Rallic View Post
O look bad player number 15 that that thinks its.the sorcs that are op and not the truth that he just sucks hahaha
Again the Sorc are bad in large numbers. Squash a single Sorc like a bug! DO IT!!! It is fun I tell you. They make a different sound then every other player in the game when they die.

Rallic's Avatar


Rallic
02.11.2012 , 02:10 AM | #406
Quote: Originally Posted by Gryphandor View Post
My major issue with the Sorc right now is seeing a group made up of 5 or 6 of them. If even 4 of them are in vent together they will just focus burn anyone together. End of story!

Basically meaning too many Sorc is a bad thing. No matter what spec but a single is nothing to kill.
Lol that's any class , so what your saying is that sorcs are not op its team work that is op.
Ok so nowwww I see .

You won't to nerf any class that uses team work to win so you can solo and be all Billy bad ***.

Nerf team work its op bhahajaha

Vales's Avatar


Vales
02.11.2012 , 02:22 AM | #407
Quote: Originally Posted by Gryphandor View Post
My major issue with the Sorc right now is seeing a group made up of 5 or 6 of them. If even 4 of them are in vent together they will just focus burn anyone together. End of story!

Basically meaning too many Sorc is a bad thing. No matter what spec but a single is nothing to kill.
Same goes to 4 Maras or Shadows downing someone in one global easily. Your point?

Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
I haven't seen non-sorcerers defending the hybrid spec. On the flip side I've seen some Sorcerers saying they're probably overpowered with the hybrid spec but fine or semi-weak with the 31-point specs. I've also noticed that a large percentage of people defending the hybrid spec aren't typing in complete sentences and have a lot of censored words in their posts.
It is funny to see how you make up more and more fabricated lies and anecdotal "evidence" so you have a "sound" argument.
This game needs more Kel Dor!

Gryphandor's Avatar


Gryphandor
02.11.2012 , 02:26 AM | #408
Quote: Originally Posted by Vales View Post
Same goes to 4 Maras or Shadows downing someone in one global easily. Your point?

My point was to argue against them being super OP. Now maybe this hybrid spec is a bad thing. I know nothing at all about it. Sorry!

Individual's Avatar


Individual
02.11.2012 , 02:29 AM | #409
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
Not even worth my time to upload pics so I'll just use the ones I posted before. I don't "get destroyed" by anyone. That doesn't mean I don't understand when a class is imbalanced and needs to be fixed.

https://imgur.com/a/P3lM4#0
Must be a murader who can crit for how much, and you're complaining about a sorc?

Vales's Avatar


Vales
02.11.2012 , 02:32 AM | #410
Quote: Originally Posted by Megamaid View Post
I think you are missing some of what I posted. There toolkit is the way it is because when you actually play a DPS sorcerer you will realize that it feels like a utility spec and not a real damage dealer. Granted the Hybrid spec the OP talks about gives the player more utility then they probably intended any spec to have and that should be adjusted. But in no way do i think the class is OP even with that extra utility. There are seen as OP because they stack amazingly well with any class and its own, and people automatically associate representation with OP or something is amiss.

When you take that hybrid spec you are embracing the role as a utility class sacrificing damage, and of the 31 point builds does more raw damage then the utility build the OP is taking about, and the Deep Madness hybrid build is the best for Damage, but even then it isn't as good as most other classes can do for damage. Even that build is largely a utility spec. Do the specs put up impressive numbers when you look at the scoreboard? Of course, Sorcerers do great AoE especially the hybrid builds, they can pad the WZ damage meters like no other, but something everyone should of learned from WoW or any MMO is that those numbers mean ****. That damage is mostly sustain low damage and AoE. If we could look at damage that actually matters and kills people, you would see Sorcerers are quite low. Burst wins, not sustained and even the bust Sorcerer build have low burst compared to other classes.

Bioware should adjust things to ton down Hybrid builds, such as making it so Wrath doesn't work with Force Lightning but only applies to lightning Strike, but buffs the damage by 30-40% so that LS actaully hits for a decent amount instead of being a tickle to anyone in decent gear. Crushing darkness should be instant or have a shorter C/D when specced into the talent that increases its duration. It would also help if Creeping Terror was worth a damn. Just shuffling talents doesn't fix anything aside from breaking hybrid builds.



I think you missed my point by comparing those two. The point was to show how week a full 31 point build of a sorcerer is when compared to a spec of another class, that has a similar play style. It is there to show why so many spec hybrid, full 31 point spesc just fail for sorcerers. And you also forget that Commandos also have hammer shot, a spamable not ammo/heat shot. It doesn't do a whole lot of damage. So many people don't realize that the Sorc/Sage is the only class without a resource free spamable damage ability. These abilities don't do a crap ton of damage as they aren't meant to, however they are incredibly useful, and i have killed plenty of people who try to LoS chasing while spamming hammer shot, and they are also extremely useful when you need to run away from a melee. All i have my sorcerer is a dot that does crap damage and shock that is on a C/D and requires a proc to even do decent damage.

Like i said earlier we see the class as OP because they are everywhere, and they stack well, but that is because they are really a utility class in PvP, and the only one that. Maybe that design is overpowerd in a game like this, and they should look into adjusting that, so that when they are Damage specced they fill more of that damage role. If that is the case they need a rework and not a nerf. Of course a rework would be hard as long as they keep with the stupid shared tree concept, especially when one of ACs is melee and they other is ranged, it rarely ends up being good for both classes, and sometimes they flat out feel out of place.
I can actually agree with that. If people want to nerf hybrid/CC then I want compensation and at least make TK at least a decent burst specc.
Like making Turbulence instant cast, upping the procc chance of Tidal Wave a bit so we are not so bound to turret mode and fixing the silly Telekinetic Momentum bugs (100% procc chance with 1 point, 0% with 2 or 3 points)
And also add a somewhat exciting tier 7 talent next to Reverbation. Cut down Reverbation to 3 points with 20%/35%/50% steps and add a nice 2 point talent there like many other trees do.
This game needs more Kel Dor!