Star Wars Extended Universe Comics

Hi everyone,

I am a big star wars fan, but up until recently I haven't been that interested in the EU. However, now that I am getting into it, I would like to start off exploring the EU by reading the comics. I am not as interested in the stories about the life of the original movie cast (such as Luke, Han, Leia, etc..) after episode 6 because their story will be explained more hopefully in the next movie. What I am really looking for are comics or stories about characters that will most likely not be explained in future TV shows or movies, such as Darth Maul, General Grievous, and other characters not necessarily from the movies (I mean characters from swtor). Anyways, if anyone could give me a good place to start for what I am looking for as well as where I may be able to find them online or in a store, that would be great! If you have any other suggestions besides just comic books for exploring the EU please feel free to let me know. Thanks!

Crimson Empire....CRIMSON EMPIRE!

Comic series following the last of Palpatine's Royal Guard, a bonafide bad****!

Nuff said really, comic series is on Comixology.

GET IT! DOOOOOO IT!

But really, no pressure, it's just...imho one of the best SW comic series.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

My favorite comics are the ones set significantly far away from the timeline of the movies - they give writers a free hand in telling the stories they want to tell without having to worry about tripping over continuity too much (although with plenty of opportunities for shout-outs and connections that add more depth to the story if you're familiar with the broader universe).

Legacy has already been suggested and I can 100% support that recommendation - it is without a doubt one of my favorite series.

Another particularly good series is the Knights of the Old Republic comics staring Zayne Carrick that came out at the same time as Legacy in the mid / late 2000s. (This sometimes gets confused with the Tales of the Jedi comic mentioned below because the first arc of that series was also called "Knights of the Old Republic," but the two series are very different.)

Back in the 1990s there was another line of comics called Tales of the Jedi which basically originated the Old Republic Era, that series is very much a 'love it or hate it' line. I personally enjoy them quite a bit, particularly the ones set 4,000 years before the movies (Tales of the Jedi: Knights of the Old Republic, The Freedon Nadd Uprising, Dark Lords of the Sith, The Sith War, and Redemption) but I'd definitely suggest checking them out from a library or only buying one trade paperback at a time to see if you like it before going all-out with the series.

Edited by DarthDymond

Darth Vader:Purge is awesome

Dawn of the jedi

if you want a good history readup id say Tales of the Jedi series and Golden age of the Sith, they are the foundation for Swtor

also Id suggest the ultimate guide books, the atlas version is absolutely awesome