Star Wars Armada

tunewalker

I was checking out Fantasy Flight Games table top games and such for Star Wars and ran into Star Wars Armada. It doesnt specify the number of guns on a lot of ships and the like, but I feel it DOES do a good job of getting the overall feel of Capital ship battles in Star Wars. Often times we talk about how Corvettes dont stand a chance against Destroyers, and they dont really... at least not 1v1, but we have seen time and again in things like Clone Wars (Munificent Frigates able to damage Venator Destroyers) the Movies themselves (Nebulon B's present and doing SOME fire exchange with Imp Star Destroyers, and the Tantive IV exchanging fire with an IMP II in ANH) and now in Star Wars Rebels with 3 corvettes being able to get in and rescue the crew and get out before the Imp SD's could harm them that even Corvettes and Frigates CAN and have done damage to larger Capital ships.

So far while the Shield numbers and Hull numbers are not exact to their cannon strength levels, I do feel they are relative to their real strength as well as their defensive capabilities. The Idea that Smaller ships can react faster and more freely to the situation does seem to be accurate, AND the fact that the Larger ships can have more Orders ready to go, even if it takes longer also Seems accurate as they have more crew.

I want others opinions, but for me this might be the most accurate Capital ship game by comparison to the visuals we see in the movies and TV shows.

Edit: for those that dont know about it

Edited by tunewalker