What I Would Like to See With Malgus, and Empire Aligned Characters *Spoilers*

BellumEstBellum

I want to see Malgus seek revenge through the PC, by pushing for them to rule (especially force sensitive PCs, who now substantially out power him and the Emperor/Empress), and offering to become the PC's Wrath, or ruling as a proxy Emperor for non force using PCs. It would be nice to see the PC and Malgus actually have a conversation for once. If the writers just do the exact same thing with Malgus as the Traitor arc, I'll probably quit SWTOR, because Bioware will have shown that they have lost the plot, and have become lazy to the point of redundancy. For those worried about a PC being unable to rule, and still go on adventures, or what have you, I'd say take a gander at the Elric of Melniboné series. Melniboné is a fictional Empire that shares a lot of similarities with the Sith Empire, and Elric is reminiscent of a Sith Warrior, Elric continues to have many adventures as an Emperor. And yes, unlike the Empire of Zakuul (that doesn't exist in canon whatsoever), where the writers wrote themselves into a corner, the PC could literally stay as ruler of the Sith Empire until SWTOR ends. As for Republic aligned characters, Malgus could then become Sith Emperor, and the PC's could still become the primary Republic and or Jedi leader.

I want to see Malgus getting his revenge as well. I hope he'll be able to take throne and become new Emperor, because (for me) he definitely deserve this. I really want to see 100% alliance with PC+Malgus in destroying Republic.

I just hope in that case we'd be able to "spare" Acina and make her join our Alliance and make her as companion or forcing her back to Sphere of Advancement. I really like Acina both as character and CD/Empress, but BW have to unite all leaders in Empire. Some have Acina other Vowrawn and not talking about Dark Council. Only Xarion and Krovos are so far unkillable. So leave these two, because they are good and cool so "deserve" (subjective opinion) these ranks. I'd add Darth Nurin from Kaon arc, Lord Hargrev from Oricon arc + one other if not SI.

So yeah, Malgus for sure in near future should be an Emperor, at least until Jadus return?

I'd prefer having complete control of the sith throne with no dark council and have malgus as my apprentice, I want my sith marauder or sith sorcerer character to finally have power that doesn't disappear after a few flashpoint's. Literally spent 2 expansions working towards gaining an all powerful throne and fleet and it gets wiped out by some mysterious power we never heard of in a matter of 3 flashpoint's.

I want to FEEL like after all the bullcrap my sith character has gone through that I can finally take control of an empire and not lose it so suddenly.

• 2 weeks later...

both of my Empire characters hate the Empire

I for one want it to go ... replace it with a more practical, less obsessive, power grabbing bunch of leaders;

then I might come back, but the old one has to go

and no Malgus ... and Jadus is crazy too

Edited by Tashia

Ohh man I'll be super disappointed too if its the same rehashed stories we have already done. I'd like to see him get healed somehow and get revenge on Acina. I dunno about him becoming Emporer, he would be a tyrant lol killing everybody.

Honestly, unless they have Malgus do something unexpected/fresh/original after breaking free from his control chip/brainwashing then I say Bioware's writing team already become lazy to the point of redundancy. The entire Onslaught era has been one boring rehash of the vanilla's game ending, Malgus included. It seems that they took some legitimate criticism of some aspects of KOTFEET as a signal that only by being extremly lazy and repetetive they can please the audience (which didn't work in the end at all for Sequel Trilogy despite the audience wanting a remake at first...)

So yeah. At the very least the unchained Malgus should be trying to take over Republic, or create a separate 3rd faction of Gray force user or something (not saying these are great ideas, they suck but at least they're different to what was already done with Malgus and other aspects of the game's story over and over again..)

And absolutely no to Jadus return. Just another supa-powerful supa-evil Sith and nothing more. His voice actor being the only interesting aspect of the character. We've had enough Sith 'big bads' already. ESPECIALLY when Agent story, where Jadus comes from, has a way fresher, niuanced and inspired Star Cabal concept for antagonists. Bring them back if it has to be someone/something from the vanilla game, not the uninspired Jadus.

Edited by Pietrastor

No, I mean Malgus and gray force users are completely different stuff. Malgus is interested in good of Empire.

Gray Force organisation is our Alliance.

I want Malgus to be important very long and I want to be able to join him whatever his goal will be. I also want him to become an Emperor.

If they kill him in some kind of FP I'll unistall that game.

I like the idea of the Warrior/Inquisitor being the next Emperor/Empress as it's the only logical solution... it makes no sense for them to let a lesser Sith sit on that throne. As for Malgus I hope there are options as to what to do with him. Some of my characters would not trust him enough to let him live.

I suppose part of what might happen will depend on whether Malgus chooses The Good Of The Empire (especially considering that, ironically enough, many of Acina's reforms have been the very things Malgus himself was seeking in his New Empire) or his personal revenge against Acina/Vowrawn and, because of their involvement in the events surrounding his defeat over Ilum, possibly even The Commander to be his driving goal in the future.

From a possible production/story writing standpoint, it could be that, for whatever reason, Malgus takes over the Empire either way, just to streamline things so they don't have to create as many scene variations based on who among Acina, Vowrawn and such are dead or alive...

A said many times before I hope for Malgus to become and Emperor. As for Acina I hope we'll be able to spare her and invite her to Alliance and make her companion or make her Dark Councilor again. If Vowrawn then I think only choice would be to kill him. As for Dark Council then I hope Krovos and Xarion will stay and Anathel, Savik, Vowrawn/Shaar will be killed and bringed back Siths that will stay and will be unkillable for long time. I'm talking about Darth Nurin, Lord Hargrev and +one if not SI.

You want an unexpected, off the wall outcome? How about this:

This whole time it's actually been some kinky sith domination romance play between the 2 of them. Now Malgus needs to develop enough of a power base to be credible & recruit you to be the go-between, so they can get married & become co-rulers, and create lots & lots of evil sith babies.