Yavin Temple SH Decorating Advise

BarbarikDave

So I have my temple fully expanded, a lot of empty hooks and a budget of 400mil. My theme is Lighside Jedi/Sith Academy.

Barring NPCs what are some good decos? (Just the names and category are fine, don't need to link anything) Also, I lack any type of home decorating creativity so any placement advise is welcome. :D

Edited by BarbarikDave

I have a Jedi Academy on Yavin IV, and I love it. Hooks can be frustrating on Yavin, and it can be very gray and dark (especially in the rooms with no ceiling hooks), so I find it useful to use banners (e.g., Banner: Republic large, Banner: Jedi Temple), large rugs (e.g., Corellian Rug, Senator's Rug), and wall lights with a warm glow (e.g., temple sconce and luminous sconce yellow) to warm up the place. TOR Decorating has a category for Jedi themed decorations here that could be useful to you:

https://tord.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/database-themes/groups-database-themes/jedi/

Here are a few other things that might be useful:

Statue of the Serene Pilgrim

Statue of the Dignified Scholar

Zakuulan Nobility Statue (it's a little on the flashy side for Jedi, but I use them in a couple places)

Banner: Republic (Large)

Gigantic Crystal (Cyan)

Manaan: Fountain of Knowledge

Manaan: Fountain of Tranquility

Yavin Temple Fountain

All the new Jedi personnel from the recent pack

Senator's Desk

Senator's Lounger

Voss-Ka Couch

Senator's Rug

Corellian Rug

Luminous Sconce: Yellow

Luxury Sconce Set: Blue

Revanite Chandelier (it's the brightest ceiling light, so can really brighten the rooms with ceiling hooks)

Planter: Voss Shrub

Planter: Yavin Jungle Fern

Pottery: Yavin Temple

Planetary Holo Map (Ilum), People's Tower Holo Terminal, Planetary Holoprojector, or a few other similar things can be placed with Jedi Temple Chairs around them for a council meeting-type space.

I have some images of my Yavin stronghold here, though I've made a number of updates since then. If you want, you can visit on the Satele Shan server. With your budget, you should be able to do a lot. Have fun!

I would recommend visiting Tor-decorating Website in addition to just going around touring any publicly listed Yavin Strongholds that are out there. There are lots of really great ideas, and maybe you can find some inspiration to fuel your own creativity!

I'll definitely check the site out, thank you! As for inspiring creativity though, I walked through some and the level of detail some of these people went into... I don't think I can do it. Props to the dedication these folks have though!

I have some images of my Yavin stronghold here, though I've made a number of updates since then. If you want, you can visit on the Satele Shan server. With your budget, you should be able to do a lot. Have fun!

They look amazing! Thank you for the suggestions they are a great help. Thankfully I have quite a few of those already so less money being spent. :D

Due its large size I recommend treating Yavin like its several smaller strongholds. For mine I turned the landing sight you arrive by into a traveling Jawa merchant camp using a variety of mercant stalls with the GTN kiosk, workbench and appearance vendors stuffed between cosmetics merchant decorations while the Jawa Junk vendors, a mailbox and the cargo hold, legacy and guild storage were positioned around one of the pillars.

The temple building itself had a castle theme, the bridge across the waterfall has a resort theme with flaming brazers on every pillar, Yavin Tree Plots (highly recommended along with Makeb Pergolas) and recently a Copero Bar from the Chiss flashpoint. The two towers I turned into embassies; one Pub, one Imp and the big stone platform past that became a native village using Rishi Huts and a Chieftain’s Hut.

The point being that Yavin is just way too big to hold together with a single theme. That said if you want it to be a

Jedi Academy type deal, definitely pick up the Force User Pack from the cartel market as its got 5-6 Jedi and an equal number of Sith NPCs who can help fill in the area.

Due its large size I recommend treating Yavin like its several smaller strongholds. For mine I turned the landing sight you arrive by into a traveling Jawa merchant camp using a variety of mercant stalls with the GTN kiosk, workbench and appearance vendors stuffed between cosmetics merchant decorations while the Jawa Junk vendors, a mailbox and the cargo hold, legacy and guild storage were positioned around one of the pillars.

The temple building itself had a castle theme, the bridge across the waterfall has a resort theme with flaming brazers on every pillar, Yavin Tree Plots (highly recommended along with Makeb Pergolas) and recently a Copero Bar from the Chiss flashpoint. The two towers I turned into embassies; one Pub, one Imp and the big stone platform past that became a native village using Rishi Huts and a Chieftain’s Hut.

The point being that Yavin is just way too big to hold together with a single theme. That said if you want it to be a

Jedi Academy type deal, definitely pick up the Force User Pack from the cartel market as its got 5-6 Jedi and an equal number of Sith NPCs who can help fill in the area.

A problem is that it's an ancient temple with lots of plants outside, so most of the technology or shiny holo decor won't fit well.

Edited by Slowpokeking

I tried decorating Yavin, but gave up after a while. One of the things I disliked the most was the lack of doors - it's hard to make a bedroom with no doors - and the poor positioning of many of the "indoor" hooks.

At one point I disabled it, but have since re-activated it (although I don't recall why). I might have thought to try to format it as a "zoo" for pets and creature mounts.

I guess my only advice would be to pick some other SH. :o

I unlocked it yesterday. I'm so happy now ! :)

I wanted a kind of zoo, and I got one ! :)

Just place animals, plants and critters of any kind anywhere ! ;)

I'm trying to "lure" the watcher's / visitor's eyes to certain places ... ;)

It's like ... placing eye candy here and there ... ;)

I once even saw someone turning the temple into a colourfully glowing merchant's temple with all kinds of sale signs ...

A problem is that it's an ancient temple with lots of plants outside, so most of the technology or shiny holo decor won't fit well.

I pulled off a pretty much Rebel Alliance/Odessan-like tech base in the basement beneath the castle. The room opposite the waterfall room is also pretty solid for a tech-focused room... there’s even a centerpiece hook and one big enough for a large speeder beyond that if you want to put one there.

It has taken me about 2 years to do mine and it is only (92%) done right now but I made it the Temple of Light. I have a few gardens but one area that I paid strict attention to was the waterfall room. I added more waterfalls (the ones that drop from Nathema and turn that room into a crystal cave with various type of crystals (minus red as those are synthetic made).

I also made a jedi library in one of the buildings outside using a variety of jedi library and the ancient library. The other building is mainly with a long table with the light datacrons. and a light side forge for crafting lightsabers. Some of the top rooms have tables where they can talk or study depending on which building. In the main building it is sort of a garden type with jedi standing around talking. On the other side room, a eating area and downstairs a bunk room for them to sleep.

On the top on both side I have 2 jedi meditation gardens. On the very top I am still working on that. I am in the process of getting enough recovered relics to get the Holocron of Ancient Masters and that will go on the very top.

If you are interested you can check it out if I am online when you are on and if you are on Star Forge. Look for C'asi's Temple of Light on Yavin.

Edited by casirabit

I guess my only advice would be to pick some other SH. :o

I have NS, Tat, and a Cor SH right now but I haven't yet decided on the themes of them, plus Yavin is by far my favorite in terms of aesthetics, so that isn't an option lol.

It has taken me about 2 years to do mine and it is only (92%) done right now but I made it the Temple of Light. I have a few gardens but one area that I paid strict attention to was the waterfall room. I added more waterfalls (the ones that drop from Nathema and turn that room into a crystal cave with various type of crystals (minus red as those are synthetic made).

I also made a jedi library in one of the buildings outside using a variety of jedi library and the ancient library. The other building is mainly with a long table with the light datacrons. and a light side forge for crafting lightsabers. Some of the top rooms have tables where they can talk or study depending on which building. In the main building it is sort of a garden type with jedi standing around talking. On the other side room, a eating area and downstairs a bunk room for them to sleep.

On the top on both side I have 2 jedi meditation gardens. On the very top I am still working on that. I am in the process of getting enough recovered relics to get the Holocron of Ancient Masters and that will go on the very top.

If you are interested you can check it out if I am online when you are on and if you are on Star Forge. Look for C'asi's Temple of Light on Yavin.

I had the same idea as soon as I finished the Nathema FP, the waterfall immediately went into the room with the other ones and I filled it with different grade crystal nodes. I also made use of several of the Makeb Gazebos on the bridge and on top of the two towers with a Marr, Satele, and Lana Commemorative statue placed around the big plaza in the back. Then have a bunch of the Rishi torches scattered throughout as well. On top of the main building is my Odessen Forge as well and then I have scattered statues and stuff here and there with all my Jedi/Sith companions placed around the main hall. Then the datacrons I've collected are on the second level, with a few republic, empire, and alliance banners as place holders for Jedi and Sith ones once I obtain them.

I'll definitely have a look and see what you've accomplished since it sounds like you've done exactly what I want to do. It won't be at all on any level of what yours would be though, that I'm certain of lol.

Yeah it's too big, many of the decor don't fit like the flags, I think Nathema FP decor would be good for them.

I kind of agree. Though this was the first Stronghold with notable larger hook-points for some of the really large items to decorate with.

Personally, I largely ignore this Stronghold because the best parts of it are so freaking far away from the entry point. They need to have a teleport decoration that a player can plop down where they wish to actually enter their stronghold.

One thing to remember about the Yavin stronghold ... it is all one room. If you try to pick up the decorations in a single room, it will pick up every decoration in your stronghold.

Ah so that's why when I pick up one room it all went poof. I thought I was doing something wrong or something.

Once it was 100% I thought I'd try it again to see if I could do one room.

Nope

Now I know why. Thank you for this

While I appreciate you sharing your SH pictures (which look very well done btw) I'd appreciate it more if we can stay focused on Yavin as that is what I started this thread for and what I'm currently most interested in. Thanks. :D

At one point I disabled it, but have since re-activated it (although I don't recall why). I might have thought to try to format it as a "zoo" for pets and creature mounts.

So, I have, in the last few days, started to move* all of my mounts and pets from my Tatooine SH to Yavin 4. I was starting to need to remove too many decos (and ruin the original "oasis" theme) from my Tat SH to make room for mounts and pets.

But, overall, my Yavin4 SH will just end up to be a "zoo" plus "garage" for mounts and pets, without much else.

I do wish that Yavin 4 had some sort of QT point to make travel to the far end faster.

* of course, I could just have the mounts/pets in both places at once, or just delete them all from Tatooine, but it's easier to keep track of it if I don't remove them from Tatooine until I have them place in Yavin 4.

Edited by JediQuaker

While I appreciate you sharing your SH pictures (which look very well done btw) I'd appreciate it more if we can stay focused on Yavin as that is what I started this thread for and what I'm currently most interested in. Thanks. :D

Yavin is my next one.

I have NS, Tat, and a Cor SH right now but I haven't yet decided on the themes of them, plus Yavin is by far my favorite in terms of aesthetics, so that isn't an option lol.

I had the same idea as soon as I finished the Nathema FP, the waterfall immediately went into the room with the other ones and I filled it with different grade crystal nodes. I also made use of several of the Makeb Gazebos on the bridge and on top of the two towers with a Marr, Satele, and Lana Commemorative statue placed around the big plaza in the back. Then have a bunch of the Rishi torches scattered throughout as well. On top of the main building is my Odessen Forge as well and then I have scattered statues and stuff here and there with all my Jedi/Sith companions placed around the main hall. Then the datacrons I've collected are on the second level, with a few republic, empire, and alliance banners as place holders for Jedi and Sith ones once I obtain them.

I'll definitely have a look and see what you've accomplished since it sounds like you've done exactly what I want to do. It won't be at all on any level of what yours would be though, that I'm certain of lol.

I am usually online during the week around 7pm. (Eastern) till around 9:30-10. Weekends depends. Though not all the time do I log on to this character but it is unlocked for all factions to view.