Merc Healer nerf 1.2

KeyanLoran

Omg ... they are increasing heat costs and decreasing heat sinks and nerfing crit and +healing effects

If all these changes go through I forsee no more fun healing as a merc in pvp or pve and will quit this bloody game. Why for gods sake are all these changes on the PTR at once, was it so necesary to nerf the merc healer into the ground?!

Bodyguard

•Critical Efficiency now reduces the cost of Rapid Scan by 8 (down from 16).

•Cure Mind no longer reduces the cost of Cure. It now causes Cure to heal the target for a small amount.

•Hired Muscle now increases critical chance by 1% per point.

•Kolto Missile now affects up to 4 targets (up from 3), improving reliability in group and Operation situations.

•Kolto Residue now increases all healing received by 3% (down from 5%).

•Kolto Shell now builds 16 Heat when activated.

•Supercharged Gas now vents 8 Heat (down from 16) when used and increases all damage and healing dealt by 5% (down from 10%). The shield applied by Kolto Missile now reduces damage taken by 5% (down from 10%).

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mercs got completely trolled in 1.2 with these joke patch notes. They've made us universally worse across the board as the only benefit of the class was that our heals were very heat efficient, even though heat was never the issue.

We're still crap at aoe healing and infact we're even worse off since our kolto residue is now WORSE, meaning we can't even help out other classes in the aoe department such as ops (who actually got buffed decently, though still not as well as sorcs) There is literally no reason to bring a bodyguard spec to a raid now.

GG bioware re-rolling sorc heals like you all want us to.

edit: took out minor troll as it was lack of sarcasm detector

Edited by Neltharek

They buffed supercharged gas for no reason meaning the only time you may want us around, is for high damage phases which supercharge will now be even better for. Outside of this we are completely heat inefficient (on top of struggling due to cool downs our real issue) and have very mediocre heals that are getting worse since crits were the only thing making us look good.

GG bioware re-rolling sorc heals like you all want us to.

How did they buff SCG? It now vents 8 heat (was 16) and buffs healing/dmg by 5% (was 10%) and the shield is now 5% (was 10%). Nerf all around.

The patch notes (not final, btw) mostly resemble a nerf across the healing tree. As a merc healer, i feel most the changes are justified in order for balance. Except the 16 heat kolto shell, that is just silly, though smart application pre-fight is useful, but may never cast in combat again.

Hooray for 4 target kolto missile, have we not been asking for that for a while now?

How did they buff SCG? It now vents 8 heat (was 16) and buffs healing/dmg by 5% (was 10%) and the shield is now 5% (was 10%). Nerf all around.

I was being sarcastic. Should have made it more obvious I suppose. :(

And to the poster above me. The problem isn't that they buffed kolto missile by adding an extra target (sorcs are still 8 by the way, and ops could always heal 4 targets, and their heal got a buff in this patch) it's that the amount of people we were buffed to is still laughable, especially in the face of them nerfing everything that made kolto missile good.

They didn't buff kolto missile. they nerfed it and tried to satisfy us by saying: well now it's 4 people so be happy.

It's now the LEAST effective aoe heal, provides an utterly horrid healing buff (5% was barely noticeable, 3% is insulting) and to top it off they made the damage redux when we pop supercharge worse. We got our teeth kicked in horribly, and Bioware are claiming that they buffed us.

Edited by Neltharek

What I find even more amusing is when they say they changed Arsenal to be less tracer missile spam heavy... then go and nerf power shot as well essentially keeping our rotation exactly the same. So we do less damage with tracer missile, AND less damage with power shot as well. Yea I'm really going to stop using the skill that buffs in favor of doing the exact same damage, and not gaining those buffs.

Bioware are sniffing glue and it blatantly obvious. I feel bad for every non sorc healer. My bodyguard set is staying in storage till BW gets their heads out of their asses and actually balance the classes properly.

The only change I'd want reverted is the 8 heat recharge on supercharge gas, to change back up to 16. Since these changes are not final, i'll still hold hope. I never felt the 16 heat was that useful, moslty due to a kolto missile fired right after activating supercharged gas. The other changes are fine and warrented, and are not that big of a change. I'm excited to play my merc healer in rated warzones soon.

The patch notes (not final, btw) mostly resemble a nerf across the healing tree. As a merc healer, i feel most the changes are justified in order for balance. Except the 16 heat kolto shell, that is just silly, though smart application pre-fight is useful, but may never cast in combat again.

Hooray for 4 target kolto missile, have we not been asking for that for a while now?

Kolto Missile Should be a 8 person heal. Making it go from 3 to 4 is worthless. It will still heal the 4 people that don't need the heals.

Bioware: Bend over and take it gooood mercs.. Yeah, thats it, nice and deep....

Personally Im no fan of getting completely *****, so I just unsubbed. Medic was the only spec that could be competetive for ranked. Now that it is gone, commando/merc have nothing going for it. Thankfully its not too long before DiabloIII/GW2 hit the shelves. See you there people.

Edited by Niconogood

1.2 encourages people to roll Powertechs, Maras/Juggs and Assassins. It's going to be the new era. You'll just have to reroll like we others do. It's a quick process to level an alt anyways and they even made the valor gain child's play.

Definately going to GW2 as well once it comes but until then I keep randomly playin some warzones and when ranked ones comes, going for some premade matches. But yeah, can't wait for GW2 to come. It's going to be so great!

Edited by PalawaJoko

Well bioware is doing the one thing that screwed SWG. They are listening to the glowbats cry and screwing the other classes. A sorc/sage and even and op can out heal us in pvp. Why dont they do something about the stun locking.

I know with 1.2 I can count 200 people in guilds I talk to that will not be resubbing. Now I see unless you have a glowbat you will not be able to enjoy the game. So far this game has been some of the worst money spent. I am done with it in 90 days.

just like in SWG since there are more glowbats they will isten to them cry all day long. And we all know they are the reason for this.

This game will not live past two years. its an EA game and bioware was not the great company everyone thought it was. They should of staied making single player kotor games.

it pains me to say this but BW you are making a big mistake. but this is not a re-balance. its a NERF. i feel the nerf to our SCG is a step to far. reduce healing or increase heat but not both. oh but wait our cure now give heals if buffed. what? cure is useless at the best of times. it might be ok in PvP but in PvE its kinda uselsss. you want me to waste more heat for a tiny bit of healing attached to usesless move.

i don't know i might be wrong. but i can't see a way to keep heat management resonable and keep ppl alive. my only suggestion is if you want to group with us mercs bring med packs

it pains me to say this but BW you are making a big mistake. but this is not a re-balance. its a NERF. i feel the nerf to our SCG is a step to far. reduce healing or increase heat but not both. oh but wait our cure now give heals if buffed. what? cure is useless at the best of times. it might be ok in PvP but in PvE its kinda uselsss. you want me to waste more heat for a tiny bit of healing attached to usesless move.

i don't know i might be wrong. but i can't see a way to keep heat management resonable and keep ppl alive. my only suggestion is if you want to group with us mercs bring med packs

**edit** i'm level 45 on voss with my merc right now, least i got time to finish the story an move on to my next toon. what really upsets me about this. is i really wanted to make my merc my main, ah well lets hope the next class i play doesn't get hit with a nerf hammer after i fall in love with it

**edit again** i'm so annoyed right now. i cant even post properly

Edited by grandmthethird

Kolto Missile Should be a 8 person heal. Making it go from 3 to 4 is worthless. It will still heal the 4 people that don't need the heals.

16 heat for 4k-8k healing (assume 1k standard heal and upwards of 2k on the crit, not a bad assumption) that is more healing than our single target healing, at less heat. In order to balance that around 8 people, kolto missile must cost double the heat, 32. At 16 heat, and 4 targets, it can do more healing per individual heat than most of our abilities. That doesn't even factor in the buffs that can be received from kolto missile, with or without supercharge.

I'd rather it stay at 4 people, where you have to aim the missile correctly to heal the 4 people that need the heal, than have the heat cost increased to heal 8.

You want to know how you balance kolto missile if it's aoe healing is too strong? you increase it's cooldown to make it more on par with sorcs aoe. You don't massacre everything about it then say you're getting +1 person so you should be happy.

Both my ops and Sorcs in my guild feel that Kolto is a little weak if you look at just the healing numbers. It's only redeeming quality was that it had a short cooldown, and made everyones heals better.

Kolto residue doesn't make merc heals any more op than any other healer because it buffs ALL HEALING not just the mercs. The fact it has soo many abilities tied to it tells you that murdering the skill is a bad idea. Just take a look at how important kolto missile is in our rotation, despite being a worse overall heal numbers wise.

1) 3 person heal for a low amount. With massive crit it's semi respectful

2) applies kolto residue increasing all healing by 5% (everyone heals the target better)

3) with SCG active, applies a 10% damage reduction to each target hit

4) the cost and cooldown are respectful considering it's a key part of our rotation.

So if you start going overboard with the nerfs to such a key skill, you screw everything about the class that makes us useful in a group. I'm not even counting the fact Bioware has decided crit has got to go meaning we're even more sub par healers.

I get that Bioware feels that merc healers in PvP are op (they really aren't if you focus them) but completely crushing any chance of being viable PVE healers is just bad balance design.

I sure hope this is an early April fools joke. If not I really hope it's not as bad as it looks, because right now I don't see us not overheating every 60 seconds. The critical HS > RS rotation for heat management now costs 8 more heat per cycle. When you could spam HS>RS during SCG, you really can't now without overheating every time.

If they don't pull back on some of these changes, they better reduce the cooldown on Vent Heat by half.

Now my merc is completely useless from mildly useless. Supercharged gas was the only thing that made that healing class somewhat useless. So I'm reduced reduced to 3 spike heals when I'm healing.

What an insult to buff our trash AoE heal by a miniscule amount than nerf stick the only thing that made that AoE heal tolerable. Now its gonna be nothing but Sorc healers in Op's because no one is gonna want a healer that cant manage their heat or cant AoE heal more than for 4 people.........im so disappointed. =(

My subscription ends in 7days and I dont see a point to renewing because my main all geared for healing is worthless now.

Edited by MittRomey

Now my merc is completely useless from mildly useless. Supercharged gas was the only thing that made that healing class somewhat useless. So I'm reduced reduced to 3 spike heals when I'm healing.

What an insult to buff our trash AoE heal by a miniscule amount than nerf stick the only thing that made that AoE heal tolerable. Now its gonna be nothing but Sorc healers in Op's because no one is gonna want a healer that cant manage their heat or cant AoE heal more than for 4 people.........im so disappointed. =(

My subscription ends in 7days and I dont see a point to renewing because my main all geared for healing is worthless now.

Yeah, I just unsubbed.

These changes say only one thing to me about the bioware balance team: they are incompetent.

Yeah, I just unsubbed.

These changes say only one thing to me about the bioware balance team: they are incompetent.

QFT

I have been a huge fanboy for this game but lately its just been dull and now this? Ah well at least these came out before my sub renewed.

These changes have officially made me quit now. I'm not even going to spend the time to reroll, I'm not sure whos ideas these all came from... but they're pretty terrible or just angry at merc healers.. Oh well.. see you later swtor (Never have I seen a patch thats made me want to quit a game all together)

I can't really understand all that whining to be honest. Of course, the supercharged gas nerf is kinda rough but the rest sounds about right to me.

As a merc healer myself I usually felt slightly overpowered when healing ops. I can't say that there is a single boss in a hm/nmm ops where healing as a merc becomes real difficult. That being said without having a sorc healer in the raid (btw: except for their aoe heal they aren't that strong as many people think).

Besides, 1.2 seems to nerf overall healing so it's not like that sorcs are becoming way op where we are getting nerfed to the ground. This makes the game probably a bit more interesting and challenging.

But let's wait what people from PTS are gonna say.

This is written from a PVE only perspective. I don't know how much PVP mercs will be affected by this.