Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Grand Galactic Sale!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Estelindis's Avatar


Estelindis
10.20.2019 , 08:04 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwenhwyfardinas View Post
"With the ‘Onslaught’ Expansion launching October 22nd, we’re kicking off a special multi-week Cartel Market sale. Each week, new items will go on sale and will remain on sale until October 21st."

Does this mean the articles are on sale for a year?
No, the sale started six weeks before Oct 21st and will end then (tomorrow).
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

JediBannstr's Avatar


JediBannstr
10.21.2019 , 12:50 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Satrugar View Post
This does not work, I just unlocked a crystal and paid the full price of 120 CC
You are correct. The sale is a non-sale.

from: https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/collections-unlock-costs/
Collections Account Unlock Costs
LAST UPDATE: 5.5 on 10 Oct 17
NOTE: There are now only three unlock prices. Bronze = 60 CC, Silver = 240 CC, Gold = 400 CC (though some free items can be unlocked for 1 CC)

Those armor unlock prices are the same, during this 50% sale.

I also checked Color Crystals, Mounts, Pets, Toys, Titles, Emotes, etc. None have the 50% discounts.

Estelindis's Avatar


Estelindis
10.21.2019 , 01:05 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by JediBannstr View Post
You are correct. The sale is a non-sale. <snip>
I also checked Color Crystals, Mounts, Pets, Toys, Titles, Emotes, etc. None have the 50% discounts.
That's because the sale is over.

But the 120cc price to which you were responding was a correct price during the sale, as you must realise at some level given that your post mentioned 240cc being the normal price for silver items.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

CaptRogue's Avatar


CaptRogue
10.21.2019 , 01:10 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by JediBannstr View Post
You are correct. The sale is a non-sale.

from: https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/collections-unlock-costs/
Collections Account Unlock Costs
LAST UPDATE: 5.5 on 10 Oct 17
NOTE: There are now only three unlock prices. Bronze = 60 CC, Silver = 240 CC, Gold = 400 CC (though some free items can be unlocked for 1 CC)

Those armor unlock prices are the same, during this 50% sale.

I also checked Color Crystals, Mounts, Pets, Toys, Titles, Emotes, etc. None have the 50% discounts.
Yeah because today it ended. So I'm guessing at 12am, 10/21/19 the sale ended.
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

MK-ULTRA's Avatar


MK-ULTRA
10.21.2019 , 04:02 PM | #125
Why end the sale before expansion arrives??? the sale goes until monday which is today? Why end the sale the beginning of monday and not the end of monday? Is monday after 6am not considered part of monday?

I'm only a month and it didn't take me long to smh and fp.


ASLO next put time put a huge banner at the top of the launcher that says """ Sale ENDS THIS DATE THIS TIME" or Maybe "LAST DAY OF SALE EVERYONE ENJOY!!"

Feels like nobody is owrking on it or nobody cares.

Apparently we didn't say thank you enough.

smh fp
You spelled tyranny wrong.

Rolodome's Avatar


Rolodome
10.21.2019 , 04:40 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by MK-ULTRA View Post
Why end the sale before expansion arrives??? the sale goes until monday which is today? Why end the sale the beginning of monday and not the end of monday? Is monday after 6am not considered part of monday?

I'm only a month and it didn't take me long to smh and fp.


ASLO next put time put a huge banner at the top of the launcher that says """ Sale ENDS THIS DATE THIS TIME" or Maybe "LAST DAY OF SALE EVERYONE ENJOY!!"

Feels like nobody is owrking on it or nobody cares.

Apparently we didn't say thank you enough.

smh fp
Greed, probably. Wouldn't want people to come back for (or join up for) the expansion and get a wrong idea about what stuff costs. More money if they see full price and then see a sale some time after and see it as a contrast to full price.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

Estelindis's Avatar


Estelindis
10.21.2019 , 04:57 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
Greed, probably.
They've had an unprecedented sale for six weeks that gave us discounts on tons of stuff. But sure, the reason why some people missed the sale's ending can only be because of developer greed. Actually, it's impossible to make sure that 100% of people will know when the sale ends. Many people never realized it was on in the first place. Plenty don't even realize 6.0 is coming tomorrow and what changes that will bring to the game, in spite of how prominent that info is. There's just no way to ensure full uptake of game info, and certainly no way to please everyone.

This doesn't mean that anyone who missed when the sale would end has to be happy about it. I appreciate people being annoyed. But it probably won't be too much longer before collections are on 50% off again (usually discounted for Black Friday). And the increased supply of plenty of items due to lower CM prices already causes a lowering of GTN credit prices for many things, so people may be able to benefit from the sale indirectly, even after it's over.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Rolodome's Avatar


Rolodome
10.21.2019 , 07:26 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
They've had an unprecedented sale for six weeks that gave us discounts on tons of stuff. But sure, the reason why some people missed the sale's ending can only be because of developer greed. Actually, it's impossible to make sure that 100% of people will know when the sale ends. Many people never realized it was on in the first place. Plenty don't even realize 6.0 is coming tomorrow and what changes that will bring to the game, in spite of how prominent that info is. There's just no way to ensure full uptake of game info, and certainly no way to please everyone.

This doesn't mean that anyone who missed when the sale would end has to be happy about it. I appreciate people being annoyed. But it probably won't be too much longer before collections are on 50% off again (usually discounted for Black Friday). And the increased supply of plenty of items due to lower CM prices already causes a lowering of GTN credit prices for many things, so people may be able to benefit from the sale indirectly, even after it's over.
Not developers, no. They're chronically overworked and undercompensated in this industry.

It'd be the marketing/finance people, probably at the urging of the bean counters in the publishing offices of EA.

Anyway, I double-checked the dates and realized the reason people are probably so confused is because the game typically operates on Tuesdays as being the first day of the week, as far as important updates are concerned. The Grand Galactic Sale was apparently started on a Monday (Sep 9th is the date on the article for it) and therefore ended on a Monday.

Greed or no, this is inconsistent with how the game normally operates, so naturally, people were confused. Luckily, I got anything done I wanted to do, so have no personal investment in it on this one. But it's yet another thing to add to the pile of them failing spectacularly at something so straightforward. I guess you could argue the reverse, that this isn't even greed - it's incompetence resulting in a loss of sales.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

Estelindis's Avatar


Estelindis
10.21.2019 , 07:34 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
the game typically operates on Tuesdays as being the first day of the week, as far as important updates are concerned. The Grand Galactic Sale was apparently started on a Monday (Sep 9th is the date on the article for it) and therefore ended on a Monday.

Greed or no, this is inconsistent with how the game normally operates, so naturally, people were confused.
The thing is, it's not inconsistent with how the Cartel Market operates. In general, long before the sale began, weekly deals have begun on Mondays. As you note, every week of this sale began on a Monday, consistent with that general policy. I appreciate that many people have not noticed this, but it's still how things have worked. I expect there is some internal reason for weekly market changes happening on a different day than typical patch/maintenance day, but if there isn't, perhaps they might benefit from making a change on that front.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Rolodome's Avatar


Rolodome
10.21.2019 , 08:19 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
The thing is, it's not inconsistent with how the Cartel Market operates. In general, long before the sale began, weekly deals have begun on Mondays. As you note, every week of this sale began on a Monday, consistent with that general policy. I appreciate that many people have not noticed this, but it's still how things have worked. I expect there is some internal reason for weekly market changes happening on a different day than typical patch/maintenance day, but if there isn't, perhaps they might benefit from making a change on that front.
Have they really? I'd always thought it was based around Tuesday. Guess it shows how much that's been drummed into my head as the standard.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.