Class Balance and Matchmakinbg

omeru

This 2 topic is really needs attention from developers but we have 2 big problems

1 problem is the biggest enemy of pvp in swtor and it's name is Eric Musco, the most useless coomunity manager in any mmos. His linkedin profile he describes one part of his job as

"-Communication - Act as a bridge between players and developers to relay information in both directions. For developers, sentiment and feedback reporting along with being integrated into planning meetings. For players, communicate via official forums, Reddit, social media, interviews, and more."

Sadly this is what he supposed to do but instead of this he just do nothing and says his famous words "keep feedbacks we really care about your feedbacks" and after that post he never even reads next comment. This guy supposed to deliver our feedbacks to developers and we saw results in many class balance changes and they were all ended up with disappointment like ir was on 6.1 but 6.1 ws a different kind of disappointment. Sadly with him as a community manager there will be decent class balance in this game and pvp will die slowly he is more than useless since he makes game even worse with his laziness but sadly there is no one who will replace him since who would like to work on BW and SWTOR nowadays.

Also second problem is mister Lets talk about PVP guy. He really enjoys writing big stuff and do nothing. It is almost a year since he started posting his grat stuff and what did he changed in pvp? NOTHING he is just following footsteps of Musco and he is as useless as Musco.

I understand class balance is not easy but at least they can try, once Musco asked if we want big but less class balance changes or small but frequent changes and somehow a third option won and it endup no class changes at all and there were no class changes in 18 months.

Matchmaking is not that hard and anything can be better than the current one and despite all request for matchmaking change requests they ignored. Mike even asked about ideaso about for better matchmaking but as always he didnt even check that thread ever again.

Sadly this game will never have decent pvp experience because of guys like them since they are doing opposite of what their job title says.

BW might delete this post ban me from forum or even ban my account completely but who cares about it when they have clowns like this who occupies a very important part of a mmo game. PVP in this game will get nothing good with these kind of guys.

Not sure if Community Managers make the call for changes. What if the guy is feeding the information but someone does not give the green light on updates/changes. Not sure what structure they follow. However community have talented people who voice what is wrong and what needs to change. I hope there is still a beacon of hope and that they will start listening and making changes otherwise they are slowly hanging themselves.

once Musco asked if we want big but less class balance changes or small but frequent changes and somehow a third option won and it endup no class changes at all and there were no class changes in 18 months.

I remember that too. I lol'd. They never even bothered to respond to the few posters who answered their choice in that thread. That was vintage Eric, rofl.

this is the tough reality of being a consumer these days in the mmo market especially. As a dev myself I can say the break can happen in many locations so to list those out for simplicity

1. Community team not compiling the feedback at all and giving fake nods, as the op post stated here.

2. Next could be the team is taking the feedback but not giving it to the devs in a constructive and clear way. Both of these imply they are not doing or not good at their jobs.

3. Devs are getting the feedback but are buried in the pipeline of doing other things. Right now the game is rough in its crafting, gear progression, and content. They could be very busy dealing with these other systems.

4. The worst possibility the devs just do not care about pvp, I don't think this is entirely true but it could just not be important to them.

But i do understand the frustration. It does feel like alot of our feedback is ignored and when they do make changes no explanations. So I wish they would as well. I understand that this game is not the most competitive out there but I wish they would do something even if it's to keep the game fresh. Hell I have wanted an improvement on the pvp systems things like more dailies, rewards, objectives when i log in everyday outside of my dailies. This are other issues on top of class balance that i feel could be addressed but they won't read nor collect feedback on it.

This 2 topic is really needs attention from developers but we have 2 big problems

1 problem is the biggest enemy of pvp in swtor and it's name is Eric Musco, the most useless coomunity manager in any mmos. His linkedin profile he describes one part of his job as

"-Communication - Act as a bridge between players and developers to relay information in both directions. For developers, sentiment and feedback reporting along with being integrated into planning meetings. For players, communicate via official forums, Reddit, social media, interviews, and more."

Sadly this is what he supposed to do but instead of this he just do nothing and says his famous words "keep feedbacks we really care about your feedbacks" and after that post he never even reads next comment. This guy supposed to deliver our feedbacks to developers and we saw results in many class balance changes and they were all ended up with disappointment like ir was on 6.1 but 6.1 ws a different kind of disappointment. Sadly with him as a community manager there will be decent class balance in this game and pvp will die slowly he is more than useless since he makes game even worse with his laziness but sadly there is no one who will replace him since who would like to work on BW and SWTOR nowadays.

Also second problem is mister Lets talk about PVP guy. He really enjoys writing big stuff and do nothing. It is almost a year since he started posting his grat stuff and what did he changed in pvp? NOTHING he is just following footsteps of Musco and he is as useless as Musco.

I understand class balance is not easy but at least they can try, once Musco asked if we want big but less class balance changes or small but frequent changes and somehow a third option won and it endup no class changes at all and there were no class changes in 18 months.

Matchmaking is not that hard and anything can be better than the current one and despite all request for matchmaking change requests they ignored. Mike even asked about ideaso about for better matchmaking but as always he didnt even check that thread ever again.

Sadly this game will never have decent pvp experience because of guys like them since they are doing opposite of what their job title says.

BW might delete this post ban me from forum or even ban my account completely but who cares about it when they have clowns like this who occupies a very important part of a mmo game. PVP in this game will get nothing good with these kind of guys.

Its not fair , coz Eric musco is a just a messenger, so dont shoot the messenger

He can feedback to the developers BUT if the dev put it on back burner what he can do to be honest ?

Its not fair , coz Eric musco is a just a messenger, so dont shoot the messenger

He can feedback to the developers BUT if the dev put it on back burner what he can do to be honest ?

But that only applies if he and others are doing their jobs properly, which it’s evident they aren’t because communication is non existent.

1. Community team not compiling the feedback at all and giving fake nods, as the op post stated here.

2. Next could be the team is taking the feedback but not giving it to the devs in a constructive and clear way. Both of these imply they are not doing or not good at their jobs.

As the community manager, it is his responsibility to make sure this is done properly and not have these sorts of issues.

There have been many instances where this is and hasn’t been happening. So the blame fully falls on his shoulders if these things are happening. Management means managing, it’s in the name, so it’s shouldn’t be hard to forget.

The last example I can categorically say he dropped the ball on was the incorrect gear dropping per class spec. We had 5 threads going on this for 4 weeks till an outside volunteer support person (Owen) acknowledged the bug wasn’t even on their bug board because the devs didn’t know about it. The very next day Musco made a thread in the bug section about it because Owen told Keith directly and he did something about it,

Musco said in the thread he wanted feed back, but since then (November 18) he hasn’t replied and neither has anyone else on the community team. 5 pages of feed back and many posts with direct examples he asked for and said they were bugs if they happened. He won’t even reply to say they have enough feed back or not. I’ve asked because I have enough evidence to fill up another 5 pages, as I’m sure many others do. But we feel like we are wasting our time because he isn’t doing his job with communication. So how do we even know if this info is being passed onto the dev team properly??

I’m sorry, but Musco makes all the promises in the world and drops forum bombs that he never returns to and let’s them fester or hopes they peter out so he doesn’t have to deal with them. The days of saying don’t shoot the messenger are long gone. He might communicate messages from the devs, but they aren’t usually complete and he doesn’t follow up.

Communication goes both ways and it’s obvious he doesn’t communicate properly in either direction.

As the manager, he sets the tone and standard for his team. He is the leader and they follow his lead. I don’t blame the rest of the community team nearly as much as I blame him because his leadership isn’t cutting it.

He is a messenger but he doesnt deliver messages probelm is he is not doing his job. He doesnt communicate with player base he doesnt read forums do you think devs are not doing right changes last 5 years just they ignore musco? No mucso ignores pvp players. Devs can ignore a few times but if same **** is happening it is messangers fault.

One of the biggest problem with him he doesnt communicate with devs too since he never have any idea what is happening in game developement. This is not wow that huge expansions and patches happeining where you might lose track this is swtor at best a few changes happening so it is not hard to know what is going on in general and help developers when it is needed. He makes livestreams and he is clueless what is happening and he has access to all info.

Clearly a big issue in this game is communication either CMs are problem, or devs or producer it doesnt change the fact this game's biggest problem is communication. But musco didnt give any indication that he tries hard to deliver players messages to devs.

Edited by omeru

this is the tough reality of being a consumer these days in the mmo market especially. As a dev myself I can say the break can happen in many locations so to list those out for simplicity

3. Devs are getting the feedback but are buried in the pipeline of doing other things. Right now the game is rough in its crafting, gear progression, and content. They could be very busy dealing with these other systems.

4. The worst possibility the devs just do not care about pvp, I don't think this is entirely true but it could just not be important to them.

Many of these occur, and have occurred over the years. The "fake nods" particularly stand out.

I do believe it's not a matter of laziness, indeed, the devs are busy and that's the problem they are busy on systems that do not need upgrades, changes, alterations.

So, feedback is asked for, then generally not acted on, and instead something else is "fixed" that never was broken in the first place but any vets here know the pattern I don't need to go down the laundry list.

Worst community management I ever seen on a game in my 20 years of wasting life I mean playing games!

He is a messenger but he doesnt deliver messages probelm is he is not doing his job. He doesnt communicate with player base he doesnt read forums do you think devs are not doing right changes last 5 years just they ignore musco? No mucso ignores pvp players. Devs can ignore a few times but if same **** is happening it is messangers fault.

One of the biggest problem with him he doesnt communicate with devs too since he never have any idea what is happening in game developement. This is not wow that huge expansions and patches happeining where you might lose track this is swtor at best a few changes happening so it is not hard to know what is going on in general and help developers when it is needed. He makes livestreams and he is clueless what is happening and he has access to all info.

Clearly a big issue in this game is communication either CMs are problem, or devs or producer it doesnt change the fact this game's biggest problem is communication. But musco didnt give any indication that he tries hard to deliver players messages to devs.

Yeah. How many pages, threads, posts, have been written to Eric by passionate, caring players of SWTOR only to be totally ignored or even worse moved to dead parts of the forums just to kill a thread that might be critical of Eric or the game? Too many to count.

Not only is this disconcerting, it's highly unprofessional. When this started happening regularly this past year, I knew the game was a sunken ship still floating. Around that time I was done with adding feedback and/or caring like I used to.

The system in place for information is corrupt and useless so you are just talking into the wind when you talk to the representatives of SWTOR on these forums.

Lack of communication -- What we can do

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=146883

The linked thread above is from 2012. :(

So this has been BW's MO for YEARS.

He could at least feed back to the players. - For instance:

"Hi all. I have read your thread calling for changes. I have spoken to the team. Unfortunately they are working on X, Y and Z at the moment, but will consider changes on this...A...B...C timescale. - If anything on this changes,I'll update you the moment I have further news. - Thanks, Eric."

I think that took about 30 seconds to type. - 30 seconds out of a working week isn't much to ask, TBH, even if it's not the news we wanna hear.

BW should look across ( Austin) town to Rooster Teeth. Their community manager is all over everything they output. - Which is scores of hours of content every week.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Blaming class balance issues on lack of communication from Musco is silly. In addition that forums are public domain (and I am pretty certain devs at least glance over the forums), it only takes few PvP games to see where things stand. It is surely lack of commitment from BW devs and lack of funding from EA.

Blaming class balance issues on lack of communication from Musco is silly. In addition that forums are public domain (and I am pretty certain devs at least glance over the forums), it only takes few PvP games to see where things stand. It is surely lack of commitment from BW devs and lack of funding from EA.

Well your idea of where the blame ought to go is no more likely than his.

One thing we can all agree on though, no matter what is to blame the game has regressed over time to a shadow of it's self instead of evolving into what the game could have been.

I can't even get myself inspired to play anymore. I have not logged in for weeks, decided to do log in today and just mapping out how I need to gear up my healer discourages me from even bothering.

My healer has no gear set bonuses, and faces nothing but max geared players in the WZs right now. After shaking some rust off, my numbers are very pedestrian right now which tells me gears do matter, set bonuses do matter.

I asked how to gear up and everybody told me to run stealths through Red Reaper MM or do Hammer Station with group finder if I can't run stealths through it. lol this is how noobs are told to gear up on this game?

Game is total garbage now. When gearing up relies on cheesing FPs with stealth toons you know there's a major problem with the gearing system. "Play your way?" rofl.

At the very least there ought to be entry level gear sets that grant you bonuses in the WZs so at least you aren't behind others in that regard. They'd be better fit just having an entry set of gears to wear as soon as you hit 75 lvl so at least then, you aren't gimped too bad when you go to PVP.

Edited by Lhancelot

Personally, and as I've said many places, I don't mind the system persay. Once you get a basic 306 set, start buying set bonuses off the vendor with tech frags. Easy enough.

My issues with gearing are the randomness involved in getting BiS enhancements/mods/armorings, the fact that certain sets are unavailable on the vendor in direct contradiction to "play your way", and the stupidity of amplifiers.

Solve those problems by adding a mod exchange, putting all sets on the vendor, and eliminating or reducing costs of amplifiers and letting you select which amplifier you want.

Note these are my issues with gearing specifically. I have plenty of other unaddressed issues in other areas.

No the biggest problem in this game is lack of communication and biggest reason for that Musco is not doing his job. Do you expect devs will come to forums and get player feedbacks? No there is a group of guys for that and they are called community manager and sadly this game clown version of that instead of a real one.

Do you know why this game has lack of funding? Because it is not showing any improvement player and profit wise so EA as a profit oriented company cuts funds it is not a charity work. Why pvp servers were the first one dead before server merges? Because same problems were happeninig that time too so in a few years they did 0 improvements sadly Musco is not only useless he also a big problem games downfall.

No the biggest problem in this game is lack of communication and biggest reason for that Musco is not doing his job. Do you expect devs will come to forums and get player feedbacks? No there is a group of guys for that and they are called community manager and sadly this game clown version of that instead of a real one.

Do you know why this game has lack of funding? Because it is not showing any improvement player and profit wise so EA as a profit oriented company cuts funds it is not a charity work. Why pvp servers were the first one dead before server merges? Because same problems were happeninig that time too so in a few years they did 0 improvements sadly Musco is not only useless he also a big problem games downfall.

This is unfortunately my perspective as well. If Mr Musco is too busy IRL to deal with work issues, then his subordinates need to take up the slack. I, as a paying customer, should not be made to suffer because of Mr Musco life happenings. I understand hes had several big changes. I also assume that is why they hired "help".

This is unfortunately my perspective as well. If Mr Musco is too busy IRL to deal with work issues, then his subordinates need to take up the slack. I, as a paying customer, should not be made to suffer because of Mr Musco life happenings. I understand hes had several big changes. I also assume that is why they hired "help".

Well, to be fair he never communicated well since having that position. His recent past couple years of life happenings have nothing to do with his failing to communicate on the forums.

Play your way doesn’t exactly mean that each way to farm gear is equal. This was pretty much agreed in when 6.0 came out.

But what about when it’s broken?

ie, the gearing system across the whole game (as per Bioware) is supposed to reward you with gear based around irating, which it mostly does in every other part of the game but pvp.

Most gear drops for me in pvp are 290-296 iRating and I have 306 iRating and fully augmented. So based on Biowares explanation on how the gear system works, the absolute worst I should ever get is 302 iRated gear. But if I run story mode or veteran flash points I have never received gear below iRated 300 while I’ve been at i306 (and I only got i300 twice).

When I run veteran mode, I mostly get 304-306 iRated gear (more 304 though). When I run master mode flash points, I mostly get 306 iRated gear and I never get anything below 304. As well as a bunch of tech frags.

I also get so much stuff from one run that I can’t do a second/third run before deconstructing or selling gear because I would run out of room. Most of time I now deconstruct 90% because I’ve got most of the stuff I want. So I’m also getting another 360-500 tech frags for deconstructing.

There are 100 slots in your inventory. I use 10 for toys, stims etc. so that leaves me with 90 slots which I can fill in two flash points every 15-30mins.

If I run one 10 min pvp match AND win, I get 3 items that are 290-296 iRating and no tech frags (as far as I can remember). If I was solely pvping, I could NEVER gear up to i306 just from drops and buying from the tech frag vendors would take well over a year.

Which means it IS NOT play your way for pvp only players because the gearing system as “Described by Bioware’” doesn’t work for pvp. It is and has been broken since 6.0. Then they add the insult of how low the rewards are vs what other content gets.

Biowares promise of play your way has turned out to be a flat out lie for pvpers. It doesn’t matter how you slice it or try and justify it, the reality is pvp got shafted and Bioware don’t give a crap.

Play your way doesn’t exactly mean that each way to farm gear is equal. This was pretty much agreed in when 6.0 came out.

There's "better" and there's "why even bother?" PvP literally gives nothing. You should at the very least get tech fragments after each match and the pvp box that you can only get from a win should give way more equipment and its irating should be actually useful instead of getting a bunch of 290 pieces even though Im at 306.

its a tactic they force people into pve to get gear so then they have the numbers to justify their lazyness in pvp

they will say: "you see lot more people do pve (yep you force them to!) so we should focus on it" (in reality because is easier/cheaper to code and fix)

and when someone says... but PVP... they just show "THE NUMBERS" not worth bother with pvp nobody does it... of course not you toke out any reason to do it in the first place!