Oh boy....

xordevoreaux

We had turkey, giblet gravy, twice baked potato casserole, carrots, cranberries and pumpkin cheesecake. For the first time in years I didn't have the whole family over, so it was just the three of us and I seriously overcooked. I'm still full and there are pounds of leftovers still in the fridge :eek:

UK doesn't have those types of pre-christmas events. But when it comes around i'm thinking of:

For Appetizers: Christmas mini pies, shortcake biscuits with icing, fairy cakes.

For dinner: Turkey with bacon on the top, stuffed with a mixed sausage and stuffing mix, plenty of roasties and boiled, lots of veg, gravy, yorkshire puddings with more sausage and stuffing mix topped off with a patato coating.

For after dinner: a chocolate sponge with chocolate custard and strawberries on the side for dipping. a very fruity christmas cake with plenty of icing.

By the time i'm done, that thin rake cousin that looks painfully thin and starved will turn into Baras by the time he has finished feasting! :D

it is not especially expensive but it depends if the family wants this to happen to the point i'm stuck in the kitchen most of the day. i'm not into this holiday nonsense, but it doesn't mean i don't enjoy creating and eating so much delightfulness. :p

We had turkey, giblet gravy, twice baked potato casserole, carrots, cranberries and pumpkin cheesecake. For the first time in years I didn't have the whole family over, so it was just the three of us and I seriously overcooked. I'm still full and there are pounds of leftovers still in the fridge :eek:

at least you won't need to go shopping for a while .. assuming you freezed a lot of that stuff into portions so it doesn't go off over the week in the fridge. :p