Amazon Bundle Pack now 90-days. One-time use Q.

DocDAM

Edit, updated info:

Muljo_Stpho replied that he had previously purchased the Amazon bundle, and this new one still worked.

Customer Service reply to my ticket essentially said no, it will not work.

A good friend just got it (he previously used the Story Pack bundle direct from SWTOR site) and it worked.

So, BW CS says no. But we have two testimonials that it did work (one each from the previous Amazon Bundle and one from the direct from SWTOR bundle)

Probably final Edit:

I bought it, and it worked for me!

Note: I got the previous "Starter Pack" straight from SWTOR site, not from Amazon.

Saw this posted, figured I'd take it here. The Amazon Bundle Pack, now "Knights of the Fallen Empire Starter Pack" now has 90-days of sub-time, plus the 2400 CC, Revan (and, of course KoTFE when released).

The question: if we already bought one of the previous 60-day bundle packs (I think I got mine straight from SWTOR), are we locked out since these are one-time things? I'm assuming the answer is "YES", locked-out. But since it's a new name and pack, I'd like to know the official word on this.

Edited by DocDAM

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a great deal. Subbing alone for 3 months is 45 bucks. Plus you get those extra coins on top of it and get to play the Revan expansion content before the next major update.

I have a gut feeling telling me it's a one time code. I highly doubt you would be able to buy it multiple times to rack up the coins and sub time. Probably wont even work for your account if you have already purchased the Revan expansion.

Saw this posted, figured I'd take it here. The Amazon Bundle Pack, now "Knights of the Fallen Empire Starter Pack" now has 90-days of sub-time, plus the 2400 CC, Revan (and, of course KoTFE when released).

The question: if we already bought one of the previous 60-day bundle packs (I think I got mine straight from SWTOR), are we locked out since these are one-time things? I'm assuming the answer is "YES", locked-out. But since it's a new name and pack, I'd like to know the official word on this.

Reading the questions at the bottom of the Amazon page seem to provide mixed answers. Some say yes and some say no. The most recent says No.

Edited by Nireos

The "no" seems to be if you wanted, for example, to buy two bundles and use them one after the other.

Doesn't say "not compatible with accounts that have already activated a different bundle". I guess have a mate who can buy it off you if it doesn't work :)

On-topic....kind of.

So you've got an account that is currently on a monthly payment subscription - so you have money taken each month.

You buy this item and redeem the code - how does the account deal with this?

Does it at the end of your current billing cycle start to use the 90 days on the code and then start taking money again in 3 months time?

Or would the 90 days immediately start - so really you want to change to "no-subscription" and enter the code once you've dropped to preferred?

On-topic....kind of.

So you've got an account that is currently on a monthly payment subscription - so you have money taken each month.

Does it at the end of your current billing cycle start to use the 90 days on the code and then start taking money again in 3 months time?

Or would the 90 days immediately start - so really you want to change to "no-subscription" and enter the code once you've dropped to preferred?

It would add the 90 days onto your current time. So say you sub ends tomorrow, it would just add 90 days onto that.

On-topic....kind of.

It starts immediately. They stop billing you until the 90 days runs out.

Note to Amazon employees - your discount doesn't apply : (

Other than that, I think it's a great deal. My sub was almost up, and I buy the 2-month blocks (fear of commitment, I suppose). For just $10 more than I would've spent anyway, I'm getting 2400 CCs ($20 value), a whole extra month of sub time ($15 value), and a snazzy new pet, which is always nice.

So yeah, $40 for ($41.97 3mo sub + $20 CC gift =) $61.97 worth of stuff, plus pet. I think it's worth it.

I'm also supporting Doctors Without Borders by shopping at https://smile.amazon.com (you choose the charity) : )

It's a good deal for subs really as well.

It's up for $40 which is about £26.

UK subscription is £9 / month and 2400 coins would cost you £11.99

So £39 worth for £26.

Unfortunately "Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States." :(

You have to use a US billing address on your amazon account. Not sure if you have to use a US proxy for code redemption, too. (As was the case with some cartel coins/pet codes before.)

ETA:

Cheers chaps - ordered.

With an Amazon UK account?

Edited by KyaniteD

Borderlinx (free to setup - only a cost if you want physical items shipping from the US to UK) is your friend - although you will get $2.50 (£1.60) tax added on (by Amazon).

Code instantly received and the message from my account when I redeemed it:

Congratulations!

You have successfully redeemed the following code:

You are now registered for the following items:

Knights of the Fallen Empire Promotional Bundle - Amazon

Edited by Stoofa

Other than that, I think it's a great deal. My sub was almost up, and I buy the 2-month blocks (fear of commitment, I suppose). For just $10 more than I would've spent anyway, I'm getting 2400 CCs ($20 value), a whole extra month of sub time ($15 value), and a snazzy new pet, which is always nice.

Dang. I didn't want this bundle, but now I had to buy it, because there is a new pet.

Unfortunately "Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States." :(

You have to use a US billing address on your amazon account. Not sure if you have to use a US proxy for code redemption, too. (As was the case with some cartel coins/pet codes before.).

No US proxy for code redemption needed. And not even a full US address needed, because it's a digital sale. I just picked a postcode and town and chose "U$A" as country. I guess that they only need a valid postcode in order to calculate the taxes since - as far as I know - the taxes may vary from state to state.

Everything worked like a charm. 109 days subscription left. ;)

its crazy how Amazon has this deal yet the actual game website doesn't its pretty odd

It's crazy how EA offer this to the US customers, but not everywhere else for the same price (considering they're pretty awful at converting currency correctly). Not a good way to treat your customers in the digital age.

It's crazy how EA offer this to the US customers, but not everywhere else for the same price (considering they're pretty awful at converting currency correctly). Not a good way to treat your customers in the digital age.

Yup - very unfair.

Hoops have to be jumped through - really I should be able to either buy it direct from amazon.com or for £26 from co.uk

The prices on subscription etc is generally extremely odd. The (EA) Origin Store has different prices on the 60 days Gametime cards depending on which nation you order from:

https://www.origin.com/da-dk/store/buy/star-wars-the-old-republic/pc-download/subscription/star-wars-the-old-republic-60-day-pre-paid-digital-game-time-code

From Denmark you have to pay 127 DKR for a 60 day gametime card (18-19USD) while the same link accessed from the US will usually be 29.95$ or something like that.

You can also be lucky in a local store, I recently bought the last nine 60 day Gametime Cards (540 days in total) at a local store for about 90USD.

So I was not going to get this pack because I figured that it was to close for the new Exp to come out and I would get SoR free then. Then this new one came out and it worked out to be cheaper for three months to do this than it was to sub with my credit card. Plus I got the coins and says access to SoR. I redeemed the code gave me the sub time and the coins but do not see where it says SoR is active. How do I see this or do I just log into the game?

So I was not going to get this pack because I figured that it was to close for the new Exp to come out and I would get SoR free then. Then this new one came out and it worked out to be cheaper for three months to do this than it was to sub with my credit card. Plus I got the coins and says access to SoR. I redeemed the code gave me the sub time and the coins but do not see where it says SoR is active. How do I see this or do I just log into the game?

Just log in to the game. If you have an eligible character (level 55), a new quest line should be available from the terminal on your ship.

Reading the questions at the bottom of the Amazon page seem to provide mixed answers. Some say yes and some say no. The most recent says No.

People are replying from back when Amazon was offering the SoR bundle. For that pack, IIRC the players who actually tested it (rather than making assumptions) were unable to apply more than one of that particular bundle code to a single account.

The issue now seems to be whether this new KotFE pack is officially considered a different bundle than the SoR one, as Amazon has them on the same page. If they're distinct entities, I would expect each code to be valid for one use on a single account; if they're the same, the people who already applied the SoR bundle are out of luck.