The Gree are back with a new reward!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance we could see the Gold Scalene Armor back on the Cartel market?

Also, I wanted to RP with you last Thursday night, but had waaaaay too many shots of tequila.

I blame BW of course. :D

Edited by Pistols

Change the colors and call it "new". :/

I know, right?

I was expecting at least 3 or 4 things new in the vendors, maybe a new weapon, or new armor set, etc.

But a reskin and calling it new - while I admit it would be nice as a part of a larger roll out of new gree items, just really falls flat as the only "hey, look at this new thing we got you!"

My private wish is for a new set of gree armor - same "Tron" theme, but perhaps based off of another class (current one is based on Imp Agent gear) - maybe Glowing Mando armor this time? or if we're being fair, glowing smuggler armor? The endgame being all classes represented with a Gree version of their gear eventually.

My other private wish is that they add a gree HK skin - not a remodel like they've been doing, but just a color change - thinking black HK-51 with Gold glowing lines - perhaps needing legendary status to go with it. I'd be so down with that its not even funny.

But hey, a guy can dream. And then we get a red reskin of the blue sphere. :mad:

Edited by ZionHalcyon

I am surprised no one has commented on this : "with it a brand new reward, the Red Sphere Transport Enclosure Vehicle!"

A) It's not new. It's a reskin, as is most everything Bioware releases anymore.

B) It is a RARE drop you can ONLY get by fighting Xeno II, which you can only do in SM and HM ONCE per week. So, essentially you have 2 shots per week ( if you are geared enough) of getting it at all which equals 4 total in a 2 week Event run. Ya, way to hype something you most likely wont get Bioware. It should be Token buyable just like the other one, then people will care.

I can;t remember the last good idea or well done post Bioware has done with this game. The little "celebration" for Revan was a complete and utter joke, as is this. Other MMO's laugh at Bioware's lack of interesting game events/ideas. Aren;t events supposed to be fun? What is fun about redoing the same tired event that has been done 6-7 times now? It's upped to 55,,,whoopdy do. :rolleyes:

Would it kill you to bring back the Ratghoul Event, something pretty much everyone wants....

Edited by DarthVengeant

Thank you for the scaling to level 55 and the new speeder, it looks great!

This event is awesome and it's always a pleasure to participate in it, even if I am already at the legend level.

Can't wait for the Bounty Hunting event!!

For recurrences of the event, I really would consider making Helix components Bound to Legacy. Or just let us purchase all the possible Gree weapons regardless of class. Repeating event or not, it seems like the smart thing to do.

B) It is a RARE drop you can ONLY get by fighting Xeno II, which you can only do in SM and HM ONCE per week. So, essentially you have 2 shots per week ( if you are geared enough) of getting it at all which equals 4 total in a 2 week Event run. Ya, way to hype something you most likely wont get Bioware. It should be Token buyable just like the other one, then people will care...

It doesn't drop in story mode so it's just one shot a week per alt.

For some reason I thought we were getting more than a new mount. :(

Yeah we were promised new rewards (plural).

Like most others I am still striving for Blue Speeder (36 of 48 grey helix earned)....means I have to get 12 out of 14 daily heroics to complete. Crazy you cant bind these tokens to legacy.

Having the red speeder appear before most have got the blue one knocks the good out of the blue speeder even before getting it. Bet you they issue an even nicer one on the Cartel Market before the year is out just to kick sand (sorry ice) in our faces.

I don't feel like a Gree Legend I can tell you that much.

No chance of earning that mount via PvP or grouping or even soloing?

I know the chances of it happening are almost nil, but I really wish they'd put it on the vendor, even if it's just for a limited time. Heck, I'd even be alright with them putting it on the Cartel Market. I'd actually posted a suggestion for a red sphere around the time of the last Gree event (which got zero replies, lol). I was bummed to find out I've got about a one in a bazillion chance of getting it.

For recurrences of the event, I really would consider making Helix components Bound to Legacy. Or just let us purchase all the possible Gree weapons regardless of class. Repeating event or not, it seems like the smart thing to do.

This.

Why is the reward just a recolor of the other speeder? Seriously can you guys not make something new? If your going to have players play old rehashed content then you better give a better incentive then just a recolor because it's lazy.

That's nothing new now with Bioware. Every single thing they do anymore is lazy. I am really getting fed up.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Am I reading this right? You can only buy the weapons you class can use? Like I can't buy the saberstaff on my Jug to send to my Sin? If so that really sucks.

Am I reading this right? You can only buy the weapons you class can use? Like I can't buy the saberstaff on my Jug to send to my Sin? If so that really sucks.

No you are not reading it quiet right.

You CAN buy a weapon that is not meant for that specific character and that weapon is bound to legacy and so can be mailed to any other character back and forwards etc. However if you earn say 3 grey helix with one character and you have 15 on another you CANNOT mail THEM so that one character has all 18 and which would allow you to buy a weapon.

If the event was to finish outright you'd just be stuck with useless tokens.......a bit like the useless Reputation tokens I get while trying to earn the grey helix as I have the Legend Reputation already. I just have to dump them.

The one good aspect I suppose is that the weapon is legacy bound - its a shame though that they didn't make the mount and the grey helix tokens legacy bound too. I'm guessing that the reason for not doing so was to keep people coming back to the missions over the year otherwise I'd be well shot of Ilum at this stage.

No you are not reading it quiet right.

You CAN buy a weapon that is not meant for that specific character and that weapon is bound to legacy and so can be mailed to any other character back and forwards etc. However if you earn say 3 grey helix with one character and you have 15 on another you CANNOT mail THEM so that one character has all 18 and which would allow you to buy a weapon.

If the event was to finish outright you'd just be stuck with useless tokens.......a bit like the useless Reputation tokens I get while trying to earn the grey helix as I have the Legend Reputation already. I just have to dump them.

The one good aspect I suppose is that the weapon is legacy bound - its a shame though that they didn't make the mount and the grey helix tokens legacy bound too. I'm guessing that the reason for not doing so was to keep people coming back to the missions over the year otherwise I'd be well shot of Ilum at this stage.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Was worried for a moment. And I agree that they helix should just be BoL since it's used to get BoL gear

I know the chances of it happening are almost nil, but I really wish they'd put it on the vendor, even if it's just for a limited time. Heck, I'd even be alright with them putting it on the Cartel Market. I'd actually posted a suggestion for a red sphere around the time of the last Gree event (which got zero replies, lol). I was bummed to find out I've got about a one in a bazillion chance of getting it.

This. It's in your face everywhere: Look at this awesome 'new' mount. I was actually thrilled, since this time I do have a lvl 55 to participate. Only to find out that I'll never have it.

I am surprised no one has commented on this : "with it a brand new reward, the Red Sphere Transport Enclosure Vehicle!"

A) It's not new. It's a reskin, as is most everything Bioware releases anymore.

B) It is a RARE drop you can ONLY get by fighting Xeno II, which you can only do in SM and HM ONCE per week. So, essentially you have 2 shots per week ( if you are geared enough) of getting it at all which equals 4 total in a 2 week Event run. Ya, way to hype something you most likely wont get Bioware. It should be Token buyable just like the other one, then people will care.

I can;t remember the last good idea or well done post Bioware has done with this game. The little "celebration" for Revan was a complete and utter joke, as is this. Other MMO's laugh at Bioware's lack of interesting game events/ideas. Aren;t events supposed to be fun? What is fun about redoing the same tired event that has been done 6-7 times now? It's upped to 55,,,whoopdy do. :rolleyes:

Would it kill you to bring back the Ratghoul Event, something pretty much everyone wants....

It doesn't make me angry anymore. It's got to the point where the updates (and the so-called developers) are laughable. Tis a real shame too, since this game could have been the undisputed king of the MMO market if it had been done correctly.

Think this just proves that the people who make games should be gamers themselves.