Items cannot be traded in Flashpoints.

One of the things our group found out after going through some of the lower level flash points together was that when a character accidentally clicked need on an item they didn't need, or even already had, they couldn't trade that item with anyone else in the group, even if it was literally seconds later.

Why isn't it just like every other MMO where you have a period in which the item is tradable to others who are eligible to get the item and were in the flashpoint with you?

Edited by Kunitsukami

You mean like in the one and only mmo you know.

It IS a nice feature, but nothing gamebreaking. No one had a grace period for loot for years and it worked just fine. It is more important for cross server random groups, which we do not have. Chat with people, join voice with them, you will be playing some time with them.

You mean like in the one and only mmo you know.

It IS a nice feature, but nothing gamebreaking. No one had a grace period for loot for years and it worked just fine. It is more important for cross server random groups, which we do not have. Chat with people, join voice with them, you will be playing some time with them.

What if someone accidentally clicks need and wins the roll?

You're right, it's not game breaking. But it should be in-game. No reason why it shouldn't be.

One of the things our group found out after going through some of the lower level flash points together was that when a character accidentally clicked need on an item they didn't need, or even already had, they couldn't trade that item with anyone else in the group, even if it was literally seconds later.

Why isn't it just like every other MMO where you have a period in which the item is tradable to others who are eligible to get the item and were in the flashpoint with you?

Well see now, there's your problem right there.

Maybe you should play with people who spend 2 seconds to actually look at the drop before brainlessly clicking "Need" on it.

Problem solved. :)

Maybe you should play with people who spend 2 seconds to actually look at the drop before brainlessly clicking "Need" on it.

But.... but I don't know the people I'm playing with, and I don't want to. I want it to be an open immersive experience I can get along with everyone in, not a cliquey friends only experience in which I hate everyone else in the game

Yeah, it's nice that you have a pool of dependable friends at the appropriate level. that are available at your beck and call 24/7 everywhere in the entire game doing every Flashpoint whenever you have time.

Most of us don't.

Edited by Luckmann

What if someone accidentally clicks need and wins the roll?

You're right, it's not game breaking. But it should be in-game. No reason why it shouldn't be.

If you can't operate a mouse well enough to not "Accidentally" click need, how the hell are you not running into a wall endlessly because you can't figure out how to operate the camera?

And if you're going to give me some lame assed excuse about thinking it was a different item you were rolling on, you need to continue with your school work and reading comprehension rather than being playing the game anyways. After 5 years of WoW I've never once "accidentally" clicked on a need roll when I meant to greed.

If you can't operate a mouse well enough to not "Accidentally" click need, how the hell are you not running into a wall endlessly because you can't figure out how to operate the camera?

And if you're going to give me some lame assed excuse about thinking it was a different item you were rolling on, you need to continue with your school work and reading comprehension rather than being playing the game anyways. After 5 years of WoW I've never once "accidentally" clicked on a need roll when I meant to greed.

Yes but this doesn't mean people don't do it. I had a guy who already had the item equipped role need on the same item again because he thought it was a better version of what he had on.

I had another guy click need on an item which was of no use to him whatsoever, and they both won the roles then after realising their mistakes tried to trade the items to the guys who rolled the second highest but couldn't.

You can say whatever you want about what you would do or what good players etc would do but that's in no way relevant to this option being in place.

I won't give you an excuse because I'm not the one doing it. But guess what, others players do it. So why should I get screwed over because of someone else's accidents?