What have you done to Ravage?!

AGSThomas

Returning founder here...

Ravage... just ugh. Such an awesome animation turned into something I don't even want to cast anymore.[/QUote]

I used to be able to take a sip of coffee during my ravage channel, now I have to wait until after combat.

Bring back channeled Ravage/ Master Strike!

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

• 3 weeks later...
Like you, i'm returning to swtor today, and......OMG ravage! Star war is all about lightsaber combat choregraphie, tne animation is terrible, on the light side they make a good change but on the darkside, it make me not want to play my tank guardian anymore.....

Like you, i'm returning to swtor today, and......OMG ravage! Star war is all about lightsaber combat choregraphie, tne animation is terrible, on the light side they make a good change but on the darkside, it make me not want to play my tank guardian anymore.....

It was the same change for both guardians and juggernauts (i assume thats what you mean by light and dark), and it makes the class more mobile, not needing any long channeled casts.

For me, net positive.

Ravage was the reason I pvped with a veng jugg for 5 years.

Ravage hit so hard, that there was an actual meta for dealing with veng juggs, to always stun before the last tick of it went off, in that space before the last tick and the leap immunity wore off. It had a cool animation and feel to it. I literally pvped just so I could use it on people.

It is really sad now that it's an instant cast that hits like a wet noodle. It's actually a liability in a lot of cases these days. If you use ravage against a merc who puts up energy shield at the same time, that merc now has 4 stacks of healing.

....and it goes without saying the new animation is dumb. I could really see Vader doing the old style ravage animation, but he'd look pretty stupid bouncing around with the current animation.

• 3 weeks later...

The "upside" is now you never have to stand still to cast anything. And since vigi is one of the highest parsing specs in the game, probably stop whining about damage being low.

All they need to do is stop renanaming the stupid ability. I still think of it as master strike.

But yes, lets ask the to re-add in a ridiculously unnecessary channel because it looks less cool now. If the tone wasn't obvious in that sentence /sarcasm.

Edited by KendraP

• 3 weeks later...
I am also just returning. I have seen the new Guardian version. I will have to check out the new Jugg version. The upside is that almost all other Jugg abilities look/sound cooler.

In terms of animation, I like the Guardian version a lot better than the Juggernaut version. The Juggernaut (and, similarly, the Marauder versus the Sentinel) basically just replaces the little jumping pirouette that Jedi do with a hop-somersault that just looks...awkward.

Edited by JLazarillo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Truth be told that was not the only animation they messed with, they forced a change on the player in the area of the sith jugg sunder armor ability. If you do tank you lose the old sunder armor animation, which if timed right could make it look like you were taking off someone's skull with your lightsaber. People say ravage had to be changed. I say it was fine with the original animation " if it aint broke dont fix it" You just had to be precise about your timing. I think what got the ball rolling was when some cray babies turned the ability into something beyond op when it rooted someone in place. This is when the devs started messing with it. Though I can not confirm this, there is also a rumor they changed the siths ability to turn vette into your personal sex slave. Apparently, you could do that at launch. I can not confirm this last part because I just couldn't do that to vette.

Ravage was useless before the change. The animation used to cause the ghost GCD issue and obviously, having a channeled ability on a melee was terrible. In pvp everyone could out range it and in pve you were rooted while using it.

Devs don't mind these nostalgic for no reason people. The change to ravage was great. You fixed a terrible ability.

Ravage was useless before the change. The animation used to cause the ghost GCD issue and obviously, having a channeled ability on a melee was terrible. In pvp everyone could out range it and in pve you were rooted while using it.

Devs don't mind these nostalgic for no reason people. The change to ravage was great. You fixed a terrible ability.

I completely agree. It was a fancy and fun animation but from gameplay's point of view it was terrible. I would never go back to channeled Ravage.

New animations for respective skills could be better but after playing with them for a long time, I got used to them. They can look nice in a sequence with certain other skills in the rotation.

I believe it snared and hit like a ton of bricks but it did not root. People did not start screaming op until it rooted a player in place and then that player got hit by a ton of bricks. I was doing weeklies on my Sith Jugg for command xp and some credits. I noticed something. Two possible solutions to replace the Jedi acrobatic ravage animation with the Sith warrior Aegis animation from the immortal tree. It is very similar to the classic animation. The Sith pretty much subdues the target with vicious overhead blows, while keeping both feet firmly on the ground, which is what you would expect from a sith. The other possible solution. Is to bring back the classic animation but speed up its time to the same time as Aegis from immortal.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Another reason why juggs get focused in pvp no hard hitting move anymore. YOu used to be able ravage impale then ravage again and the person attacking yu wud have to disenage to get healed or something not anymore u just get ganked cycle yur cd's and hit like a wet noodle oh wait dont worry u have vengful slam to dot spread and break everyones cc's!

• 3 weeks later...

Most sents I played with back in the day pvp wise, didn't even use the last hit from ravage/master strike since the gcd was up and other moves did more damage then the last hit.

So no, if you want to see the old animation again go find an npc that does it, they still exist.

• 3 weeks later...

The current Juggernaut animation for Ravage is the worst! I cringe every time I see my character turn himself into a spinning "Sonic The Hedgehog" while performing Ravage.

I don't really care about why they did this or channeled vs non channeled. The current animation looks STUPID! Period, its awful, get the message already! How many more years must we suffer the stupidity of this horrid animation?