Smash/Focus tree.

LastWizard

I posted about how I thought this spec was OP, and how I wanted it to change. However before I complained I should have tried the tree for myself and see if changes were required. I ran my marauder and jugg smash for 30-40 games each. I realize that while I believe the spec is cheap it's pretty fair and only slight nerfs should be done. For marauders, undying rage cd should be changed. 45 seconds is much too low. Juggs I'm still not sure of but I may find something later. However my point is this, try the spec out before you criticize and call for nerfs. I was brash and immediately called for nerfs because I struggled with combatting it. Learn about the tree, realize it's weaknesses and strengths of it. Took me awhile to get my head out of my ***** but I finally did. Everybody else complaining about the tree, I suggest you do the same before you complain.

IMO it should only be removed because it requires close to no skill and it's a boring 3 button tspec..don't think it's op(I'm a vengeance jugg)

So people running Rage don't use scream, Rav or VS?:D

LOL yeah veng is so "unboring" :rolleyes::D

Edited by L-RANDLE

IMO it should only be removed because it requires close to no skill and it's a boring 3 button tspec..don't think it's op(I'm a vengeance jugg)

Sorry kid, vengeance is a terrible spec that only works in pugs for 1v1 scenarios. Completely useless in RWZ because other classes have better 1v1 ability.

Additionally, if you're only using "3 buttons" for rage you're doing it wrong

Edited by UberDuberSoldat

Sorry kid, vengeance is a terrible spec that only works in pugs for 1v1 scenarios. Completely useless in RWZ because other classes have better 1v1 ability.

Additionally, if you're only using "3 buttons" for rage you're doing it wrong

I'll disagree here. I think veng / vig is completely viable, especially with everyone and their mom running bubble stun spec. Staying on target they can rival carnage burst and with an auto crit dispatch they are the best finishers in the game.

My group runs with a vig guardian all the time, and he more than does his job.

I'll disagree here. I think veng / vig is completely viable, especially with everyone and their mom running bubble stun spec. Staying on target they can rival carnage burst and with an auto crit dispatch they are the best finishers in the game.

My group runs with a vig guardian all the time, and he more than does his job.

Um..... Well... 44% crit chance dispatch says hi...

I do think its viable still, but saying Rage is a three button mash is just.... dumb.... I mean I am still undecided on whether smash/sweep is actually applying its damage to the enemy's HP....:confused: I feel WAY more confident in a Blade Storm/Dispatch scenario...

Edited by L-RANDLE

Um..... Well... 44% crit chance dispatch says hi...

I do think its viable still, but saying Rage is a three button mash is just.... dumb.... I mean I am still undecided on whether smash/sweep is actually applying its damage to the enemy's HP....:confused: I feel WAY more confident in a Blade Storm/Dispatch scenario...

No class is a 3 button class when played properly, I was disagreeing with his vigilance / vengeance spec opinion.

Undying Rage is not on a 45 second cooldown. It's been nerfed enough as it is as well. Quit whinin about UR when shadows and assassins have an ability that lasts 5 seconds, like UR is before the nerf, and makes the targe immune to cc's and damage for a lot of specs no cant do anything to them during that period at all. At least you can cc through UR.

4 seconds of damage immunity for 50% health is not game-breaking in the slightest. People only pop it when they're already within 1 critical hit of dying (Because any sooner and you're sacrificing a HUGE amount of health for 4 seconds).

And it's a 90s cooldown. TWICE what you said. And specing it to 45 loses 2 skill points -a fair trade-off.

Nothing about it needs to be nerfed.

Edited by QuietGoneJinn

The vexing thing about this spec isn't that it's OP necessarily (every once in a while my gunnery commando manages to beat one ;-P ) but it's that it's so frickin' fotm now. It's everywhere. It really is a leap-smash train in some Wzs, one smashmonkey after another. It gets boring for those of us who have to work within the 30m range zone with no immunity to leaps. But the real easy-mode three-button OP class is pyro-powertech. You can be a poor player on that combo and still come out on top (1v1), which is frustrating for those of us who really have to work for it. I've played Assault Vanguard (the mirror) and much prefer Tactics (Advanced Prototype) simply for the variety and challenge, even if it's considered an "under performing" spec simply because it takes much more skill and effort than Assault/Pyro to put out the same damage in a typical WZ. I'm all for spec diversity in WZs. Edited by klham