Mira's Headband bug

KTap

At least for body type 2 females, when you are wearing Mira's Headband and draw your weapon or run or jump, the headband disappears in to your head. Also has some graphical issues when you're wearing it on a speeder.

Tried a few different (not Mira's) headbands and they all work fine.

Edited by KTap

Description:

On female characters, when performing actions that slightly tilt the character like drawing a weapon, entering a combat stance, running and more while wearing Mira's Headband from the Supreme Mogul's Cartel Market Pack, the headband disappears (tested with Human Female Sniper, Body Type 2, Hair 46, Sniper rifle and unarmed). I've also tested this with a male character and the headbeand doesn't disappear for him thus it seems to be limited to females only.

Reproduction steps:

1. Log in a female character.
  2. Put on Mira's Headband.
  3. Perform any action that tilts your character (drawing a weapon, entering combat stance, running, etc.).
  4. Note that the headband disappears from your character's head while the character is tilted.
  5. have the character stand straight in an untilted state.
  6. Note that the headband re-appears.

Known workarounds:

• Don't perform any actions that make your character tilt and thus the headband disappear (unacceptable).
  • Switch to a male character (unacceptable).

Edited by Glzmo

I equipped the headband as part of the set today on my female Mirialan JK (body type 2), When the headband was visible, any time I leaned over or sat down the texture would stretch and contort above the character's head. This includes the following actions:

Sitting (Via keybind or in a usable chair)

Mirialan social ability 'Focusing Ritual'

Using any item outside a cutscene that required me to bend over, such as using the panels for the triangulation mission on Taris.

In addition, I also experienced the 'disappearing headband' bug when I drew her weapons.

Edited by Corvo_Stormlord
Adding pertinent information

I have a different issue with the headband: In the character selection screen it clips right through my bodytype 1 mercenary's forehead (as well as through the hair, but that was kinda expected). That's not the case ingame.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm this bug on female body type 2 - I will test on body type 4.

Please can we have an update or message if this is being looked into? Its a great head piece but has to be hidden because it looks stupid deforming and stretching all over the place.

I have submitted an in game bug report but you just get the standard reply. So any information would be good. Its annoying when they bring out a decent looking set and firstly you can't dye it because its considered a "lore" armor and now you can't show the headband because it disappears in your head during conversations or any movement in the game. When you use rocket boots it blows backwards behind your head!

So any update on this?

• 2 weeks later...

I believe whoever this bug may concern should, true to their fashion, work on getting this onto the known issues list.

It is quite jarring to see the headband float around my character's head, rather than sit comfortably on it.

Edited by TooltipTim

• 2 weeks later...

I was all excited to get the last piece of the set today and created my new bounty hunter......only to see this bug. I could only get to lvl 4 before it was too jarring to look at any longer. Wish I had known about it before saving up the credits to get the whole set.

So I will add to the list of people who can confirm this nasty graphical glitch with Mira's headband.

My character was female, type 2 body. (Has anyone tried other body types or genders?)

Tears and stretches through the head very badly and clips through the head unless you are standing still. Otherwise its moving all over the place. How has this not been fixed yet? Seen the first post when pack was released, LoL

QA anyone? :confused:

This also applies to NPCs of course. I gave it to Kaliyo on my operative to circumvent the annoying fact that the "hide head slot" and "unify colors" settings are ignored in cutscenes / conversations with out-of-party companions (usually on the ship). It looked nice in the preview and is the only "heavy armor" headband I found that can be used by imps and companions, but of course companions tend to turn their heads... A lot. Edited by Mubrak

I just bought this set, was really excited, mounted up... And ewww what is happening with my headband? Please fix this. It's such a cool set, but it's really, really bad headband action. :( Edited by Zuleea

• 3 weeks later...

I have recently purchased, [Mira's Combat Boots][Mira's Gauntlet][Mira's Headband][Mira's Jacket][Mira's Pants][Mira's Utility Belt], from the bounty supply vendor in the republic fleet and it appears that the Headband distorts when I get n my mount and morphs into a large beak covering my characters face. I am using the Ubrikki Sand Devil as a mount, unfortunately I have yet to do more testing on the matter on other mounts as this is the only mount I have on this character.

Added two screenshots showing the effect.

http://i.imgur.com/25WA6BT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AvyNAz4.jpg

If any more information is required I am more than happy to assist.

Flare-Corona

Jung-Ma

Edited by cheddarisbetter
Forgot Name

Mira's Headband has been fixed for Game Update 2.3.3 such that it no longer becomes distorted when dead or riding a mount/vehicle.

Was the clipping fixed, too? Female, Body Type 1, Mirialan - the thing disappears quite often into my character's forehead.

• Dev Post
Was the clipping fixed, too? Female, Body Type 1, Mirialan - the thing disappears quite often into my character's forehead.

This is a great question. Mira's Headband clipping into the head of Body Type 1 female characters is being fixed as a separate bug. We have it tracked internally and will be working through it with other Cartel Market item fixes. It's been added to the Known Issues along with the one we're fixing for 2.3.3.

Although they're separate bugs, we'll continue to track and post any needed communication in this thread.

:ph_cheers:

This is a great question. Mira's Headband clipping into the head of Body Type 1 female characters is being fixed as a separate bug. We have it tracked internally and will be working through it with other Cartel Market item fixes. It's been added to the Known Issues along with the one we're fixing for 2.3.3.

Although they're separate bugs, we'll continue to track and post any needed communication in this thread.

Great, thanks for the update, Amber.

Thanks for the post

Is the clipping of the chest (the necklace goes into the throat) included into the headband glitch fix as well or is that another issue?

(I'll post a picture once I get home)

Edited by Never_Hesitate