Sw pvp vs wow pvp

OtaconSolo

Yeah i know, its useless to compare this two games, i dont like to compare myself. but i was wondering whats diferent between this two PVP systems. i mean i just have played the SW Beta and my only PVP reference is wow.

what can i expect from SW pvp system? is there some kind of arena or rated Battle ground? mechanics work the same as wow? are rouge like classes going to be as Overpowered as they are in wow pvp? xD

i would like to know things like that.

well lets start the disccution. what you can tell me about one and another PVP System.

Edited by OtaconSolo

The biggest difference right off the bat is that in SWTOR there is no level ranges for warzones. You can go in as a level 10 and fight a level 50. Your toon gets "bolstered" in the amount of health and damage you do. Granted you still don't have all of those extra abilites and item bonuses but it is fun. I was killing people 20 levels higher than me in the beta. It also lets you see what kind of healing or damage your class can put out at base level 50.

I think one of the other big differences in SWTOR and WOW is that SWTOR rewards you alot more for healing and tanking. Normally the people with the most valor at the end of a match are tanks guarding the healers or healers. It works alot more like Warhammer online in that respect and it's grwat. No more people just doing there own thing, because you can get rewarded well for staying in your class role and helping the team. Very nice.

Other than that it is the same basic system that MMOs have been using for years. You get valor points and xp for PVP. The valor points go up in level and can get you titles, Warlord at level 20. Also you get gear from winning matches and getting the medals as well.

Woah! that part of rewards for healing an tanking sounds nice! is good to know that you can be what you want to be and not what the game is forcing you to be.

thanks man good answerd.

i read that Stun inmunity is also diferent it seems like if you are stunned you get a little inmunity to that stun. but if you are constantly stunned you get a 15 sec (or so) inmunitty to all stuns, thanks kind of a big diference too.

Its quite a bit different. Those who said it was WoW with lightsabers were wrong. Thats either a good thing or bad thing depending on your expectations.

I didnt try WoW for long but I'll say the graphics are better, the zones are smaller (at least at starter worlds), the game has social points for grouping, the classes are mirrored on both sides but look and act very different. Theres no pandas, dual spec or arenas.. yet.

WoW PvP is much more polished and competitive... after all they have had years to make it what it is.

SW:ToR PvP is much more friendly to the casual - good? bad? it depends on what you expect out of the experience.

Doing things right in WoW PvP has a much more immediate effect on the outcome of an encounter, while doing something wrong can mean you die a pretty fast and sometimes leads to frustration.

I like SW:ToR but honestly, I get much less satisfaction from it's PvP system than I do from WoW.

Yeah i know, its useless to compare this two games, i dont like to compare myself. but i was wondering whats diferent between this two PVP systems. i mean i just have played the SW Beta and my only PVP reference is wow.

what can i expect from SW pvp system? is there some kind of arena or rated Battle ground? mechanics work the same as wow? are rouge like classes going to be as Overpowered as they are in wow pvp? xD

i would like to know things like that.

well lets start the disccution. what you can tell me about one and another PVP System.

I think the major difference is that there is no auto attack in TOR. This means that you will always be pressing a button to attack at every global cooldown. This makes the game more interactive and fun compared to WoW (anyone remember vanilla paladins?).

WoW PvP is much more polished and competitive... after all they have had years to make it what it is.

SW:ToR PvP is much more friendly to the casual - good? bad? it depends on what you expect out of the experience.

Doing things right in WoW PvP has a much more immediate effect on the outcome of an encounter, while doing something wrong can mean you die a pretty fast and sometimes leads to frustration.

I like SW:ToR but honestly, I get much less satisfaction from it's PvP system than I do from WoW.

sure. wow pvp has years of evolution. but even so, sometimes i feel like its a little broken. some 2v2 team are totally useless for example. maybe that change here in TOR.

no auto attack means that you need a lot more of "skill" to do the real damage. thats a good thing i guess.