Tanking Relics with Power are you serious?

Deadbladey

Not everything has to stack endurance or defences - overloading defensive abilities results in significantly reduced damage, and therefore significantly reduced threat.

Power on tank gear makes absolute sense in THIS game where threat control isn't easy mode due to ridiculous modifiers on abilities.

We dont need more endurance than the minimum req for bosses (around 16k), healers dont care about your max hp as long as you are alive, they do care about how much they'll have to heal though (aka mitigation). You get your shield/absorbtion from relic by using it during burst phases, or you can get matrix cube with all passive stats, or get relic from 4th (droid) boss in karragas, its quite awesome. Edited by Vesperr

Someone please tell me the name of the person that decided to have Tanking relics with power on them!

I want to KILL him :D

it should be Defense rating/absorb rating or more Endurance

Defense and absorb are useless when you can't hold aggro.

Not everything has to stack endurance or defences - overloading defensive abilities results in significantly reduced damage, and therefore significantly reduced threat.

Power on tank gear makes absolute sense in THIS game where threat control isn't easy mode due to ridiculous modifiers on abilities.

yea and you just want to tank with HP and power like BWs Rakata gear show us....

ffs. i hate the stats on our tanking gear.

You will find in later content that holding aggro is not very easy, and having a bit of power can go a long way. Threat isn't faceroll in this game like it is in WoW, and you need to be very careful to keep your threat stats up to keep pace with the dps.