Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Despon's Guide to GSF for Total Beginners

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Despon's Guide to GSF for Total Beginners

Danalon
06.17.2015 , 04:40 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ALaggyGrunt View Post
Seismic/interdiction mines are the bane of that strategy. If a bomber is careful, you will get hit with at least one of these.

If you hit the seismic mine, there goes a third (striker) to half (gunship) of your hull. The interdiction mine will take you out of the fight for 15-20 seconds, because that snare is strong.
If you hit the mines within 3 seconds (or so) after being deployed, they don't do anything. Imho that's the only good thing about having RFL in starter ships - you can stop bombers from deploying mines.

CommanderKiko
06.17.2015 , 05:45 PM | #22
yea, touching bombers butts still works well. you just can't be stupid about it and run head-on into their mines. ya know, the things that show a big red bubble around them?
GM of Defiant Industries LLC (GSF/PvP)
GM of Defiant Security Services (GSF, new)
- KikÚ, Bastion.

wvwraith
06.17.2015 , 11:16 PM | #23
My advice to new gsfers is this:

1. "Listen to your gsf vets in matches." You'll learn more quickly if you listen to our guidance.

2. Defend your satellites in domination matches. Never, ever, ever, leave a sat unguarded for any reason.

3. Do not go too far forward ahead of your team in kills matches especially if its a team with many gunships and bombers.

4. You don't need multiple defenders on one sat in domination matches. Having too many ships guarding one sat is leaving your team down attackers. One should be enough to call incoming.

5. You should never ever have 3-4 people chasing one ship. You leave your teammates vulnerable and that always ends up bad. It will cost matches.

6. Don't let the enemy draw your team away from sats. Keep the fighting around the sats. Watch the blinking sats for those in immediate danger if no one calls out for help.

7. Please for goodness sakes, provide cover for your gunships. They're your glass cannon artillery. If they're constantly under attack from scouts and strikes they can't help your team. If you see your gunship being pursued you need to tail the attacker and take it out or least get it to disengage from the gunship. A gunship that's free to take shots can be extremely important to your team and can make the difference. especially if its a death match.

Happy flying!
Sonya Ferret Jedi Sage
Pilot of the Redeemer Gunship, "The Fluffy Bunny."
Saberwing
Sonya Bloodstorm GoneSithing

DakhathKilrathi
09.14.2015 , 03:43 PM | #24
Added a link to this in my own guide. Well written and helpful. Thank you for putting the time into this and spending so much time trying to explain the game to people here on the forums recently. I wish I had that kind of patience.

Nyctoluca
12.27.2018 , 07:24 PM | #25
Iím unable to move my ship, I keep seeing this error that tells me to close the tutorial window and press space to continue. I press space, rocket forward for about two seconds and then come to dead stop with the same message. This happens in other kinds of GSF stuff outside the tutorial. I filed a bunch of tickets, reinstalled the game, bought and reinstalled Windows 10, still the same problem.

phalczen
12.27.2018 , 08:29 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyctoluca View Post
Iím unable to move my ship, I keep seeing this error that tells me to close the tutorial window and press space to continue. I press space, rocket forward for about two seconds and then come to dead stop with the same message. This happens in other kinds of GSF stuff outside the tutorial. I filed a bunch of tickets, reinstalled the game, bought and reinstalled Windows 10, still the same problem.
You must hold down the forward throttle key. W accelerates your ship to the highest speed and leaves it there until you let go of the key, at which time it will slow to about 50% velocity. Pressing the S key will decelerate your ship to about 1/3 throttle so that you have more controlled turns. X brings it to a dead stop and you wonít move until you hit one of the throttle keys again. Remember that you must continuously hold down the W key to fly at the top speed. If you let go it will slow down to 50% speed.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.