Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Self Destruct Penalty

Arkerus
12.10.2013 , 03:51 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Get over it. It's a non-issue. Wining the match isn't all about your kill stats.
Agreed. Let's stop with the "kills only matter" routine. It's getting ridiculous.

I honestly have self destructed on accident a dozen times now. We don't need to start punishing players for honest mistakes.

Next topic please.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

RahzZalinto
12.10.2013 , 04:14 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by beowulfxx View Post
i've played over 100 matches since gsf came out and i am a little disturbed by the antics of some players refusing to let another have the kill and instead they purposely run into a roid or wall when the jig is up. I have seen some players do this every time their hull is smoking or they are out matched.

I honestly feel that in any given match, the players should receive one self destruct for poor piloting and after that a requisition penalty come into play for each self destruct after..

i was not doing it on purpose dang it! That stupid barrel roll sent me flying into asteroids every time!

MCaliban
12.10.2013 , 04:14 PM | #23
Today, while chasing a scout that had popped the turrets on our satellite, I meant to hit the 'suck power from engine' key but instead hit the 'barrel roll' key and killed myself. By the time I respawned, we'd lost the satellite and by the time I got back to the satellite, it had been captured.

Do we really need to add a penalty to this?
Better to be the tail of a dragon than the head of a lizard.

Slivovidze
12.10.2013 , 04:27 PM | #24
The better I get at flying, the more suicides I have. When you do tight maneuvers around the area, you are bound to hit something sooner or later. Majority of people has it like that. Those jackos that kill themselves to deny kills are pathetic losers, but let 'em serve themselves. They actually save you a few seconds, who knows if you'd kill them with your next volley. You can use the valuable time to shoot someone else or regenerate powers to own the jacko again

Sangrar
12.10.2013 , 07:33 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MCaliban View Post
Today, while chasing a scout that had popped the turrets on our satellite, I meant to hit the 'suck power from engine' key but instead hit the 'barrel roll' key and killed myself. By the time I respawned, we'd lost the satellite and by the time I got back to the satellite, it had been captured.

Do we really need to add a penalty to this?
exactly, death is its own punishment and there are few if any people so conniving enough to kill themselves just to deny a kill to someone, and many times it is just an accident
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preferred and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE

Atim
12.10.2013 , 08:30 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
dude, few if any people are that crazy. I accidently self-destruct when attempting to escape, many times i do a barrel roll just to have it blow up in my face, or rather plow into an asteroid by accident.
I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one that's done that.
A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead."-Sev

"There's no such thing as overkill; just dead and not dead enough."

Grimoir
12.11.2013 , 01:46 AM | #27
There may be absolutely no need for a penalty, but of the same token, there is absolutely no reason to not grant a kill to the either the player that did the most damage or the last player to hit the target before a self-destruct. It's a simple change that makes certain players feel better about their performance, so why not? It would have absolutely NO impact WHATSOEVER on people who self-destruct on accident because its NOT A PENALTY.

Take a page from Warthunder on this, and allow people who don't always like to play objectives the opportunity to build the stats that appeal to and/or please them.
~The Jykoor Legacy of The Bastion(PvP)~
Anasė - Terminal Velocity[Hybrid] Powertech - Level: 55
Jerīcho - Tactics Vanguard - Level: 55

Doumbek
12.11.2013 , 08:14 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
It is also quite possible that they aren't doing it on purpose but are trying to get away and use objects as cover and misjudging their turns...I've done it.

Even if my ship is a smoking wreck one shot away from oblivion, I keep on keeping on. I've finished matches with a flaming wreck and I'm not afraid to do it again.
Yes. Barrel roll at the wrong time and I run into more crsp... And I use my smoking ship as bait to pull kill whores away from nodes so that my team can gain a capture.

It's actually funny to pull 4 kill whores away from the action.

Nomaad
12.11.2013 , 09:22 PM | #29
Well, the solution to this "issue" is quite obvious, I'm kind of sad and disappointed that this has not been done;

/waves hand.
"you will not be cheap and ram your ship into an asteroid before I kill you."

There, all good?

fungihoujo
12.12.2013 , 03:07 AM | #30
In Huttball, if someone dies in the fire- doesn't the last person to damage them get kill credit? Why not have it work that way, regardless? Last hit before death=their kill.

Not that it really matters... though, now that you've brought it up- whenever I'm low hp and someone has a missile lock I know I can't dodge on my clunky gunship, I boost into an asteroid just to spite him. Way to go OP.