Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWG JTL vs SWTOR GSF

-Morrigan-
12.09.2013 , 04:49 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Talluin View Post
I'm NOT comparing GSF to JTL AT ALL! they are so different it isn't even funny! GSF IS NOT a space 'sim' if you think it is then you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
I'm not talking about you, but others are comparing it to JTL on this forum.

ODTONE
12.09.2013 , 04:51 AM | #12
well isnt that what the op did ? with his fanboy attitude lol,
most jtl players could probably be his dad

Tellenn
12.09.2013 , 04:57 AM | #13
Your comparing games from different genres. A 10 year old space SIM and a recent arcade shooter.

Star Citizen looks like its going to be the real deal though. BW wouldn't do a space sim as clearly anyone wanting a space sim will be playing that.

jacklinks
01.07.2019 , 08:08 AM | #14
Idk why we’re arguing. JTL was better lol. It was different completely different. The reason so many people loved it was the freedom you had. The customization. You were not restricted to 1 ship. I had like 8 ships. One being a luxury yacht you could decorate and live in with a view of space and any planet you’re nearby. The customization of the weapons, shields, reactors, engines etc... the paint job. The flagship you get through collections achievement you could install up 6 guns or 8 and invite your group on it and they could man the turrets. Then go into deep space and attack a star destroyer or republic station or just other players if you were et to pvp status or just npc’s and park the ship wherever it’s at and blow everything away. Free roam. Reverse engineering ship parts to make them better. The trandoshan repeater cannon everyone was after cuz it looked like a laser gatlin gun. Only given out by one npc for a one time quest per character. Walking around on your ship nonchalantly admiring your ship. Ahhh the good times. I was spoiled on JTL so when I played GSF it sucked. Can’t even choose where you’re flying too. Sure graphics are better. But it’s the freedom and the options that made JTL the best. I dream of the day BW moves GSF in that direction. I’d play all day long. Screw the class stories and tedious character gearing. Space was my final frontier.
"Do or do not, there is no try"

phalczen
01.07.2019 , 01:32 PM | #15
Not sure why this was necro’ed, but...
Having played beta for both JTL and GSF, there is an obvious area or two where GSF shines over JTL... pvp Balance overall and objective-based pvp. People like you who wear the rose colored glasses about JTL forget pvp was pretty much just interceptors circling each other around 0,0,0 in deep space for a long while, until there was a significant balance pass with the nova Orion update and then the GCW Invasion changes. Ground SWG added battlegrounds copying from WOW and JTL would have benefitted from this as well. JTL provided tools for custom content long before GSF got it, but it didn’t have the objectives or balance that custom content requires as a foundation, so event-makers had to make up rules like “You couldn’t fly the Jedi Starfighter.”

I would appreciate more customization in GSF, like there was in JTL. For example, I hate the look of burst lasers on the Sting. I’d love to be able to change that, or choose from any of the available engine models for a ship regardless of the specific engine manuever I’ve chosen.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

VelvetSanity
01.07.2019 , 03:33 PM | #16
I miss SWG....
Pre-CU Bria refugee
Syvari Lun - Cathar Jedi Sage
Darth Vaccina - Twi’lek Sith Sorceress