Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWG JTL vs SWTOR GSF

-Morrigan-
12.09.2013 , 04:19 AM | #1
Hi Everyone,

One thing I don't understand is all the SWG fanboys saying that Jump to Light Speed is a better Flight Sim than Galactica Starfighter, and that this expansion is rubbish.

Well let's have a look at the difference shall we...

Galactic Starfighter Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfF-_4t6vjo

Jump to Lightspeed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zol8NIx67Us

All I can say is lol you guys can't let it go. This expansion is awesome! Great job Bioware, ignore all the hate from the trolls!

ODTONE
12.09.2013 , 04:29 AM | #2
you just havent played it thats why u dont understand, every planet had space, you had pvp zones also and way more stuff going on, could mine in space, could do bounty hunting against players not npcs lol in ground and space combined in the same bounty... , smuggling missions,
almost every ship part was unique and crafted, you could bring people in your ships and they could shoot guns...
you companion doing commands here, we had droids we programmed to use shield boosts etc..
lol not much new here...you have no idea lol
i can tell this is your first taste of mmo star wars space lol...
the grafics are basically better now rofl...

Tellenn
12.09.2013 , 04:29 AM | #3
GSF is good just lacks joystick support.

That said JTL wasn't just a pvp space arena so its not really a fair comparison.

Talluin
12.09.2013 , 04:36 AM | #4
They can't be compared at all.... JTL WAS a space flight sim....

GSF is a space arcade shooter! i LOVED JTL and i'm falling for GSF for completely different reasons....everyone keep banging on about GSF being a space 'sim' are completely off the mark! they're 2 completely different experiences sharing one thing in common...the IP.

ODTONE
12.09.2013 , 04:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tellenn View Post
GSF is good just lacks joystick support.

That said JTL wasn't just a pvp space arena so its not really a fair comparison.
ya it was a complete game in the mmo, i know people who played it just for that and didnt care about ground combat,
but it is still space and its hard to forget how "good" it actually can be! and when people say starfighter is way more amazing and put up some duel and that was swg space....
i feel insulted lol
most people talking about both have actually tried both, i have nothing against the op enjoying the update lol

tommmsunb
12.09.2013 , 04:42 AM | #6
Played JTL for 4 years and I loved it, there was way more personalization in JTL, GSF has its advantages but it really needs freeflight and more personalization for me to truly love it.

-Morrigan-
12.09.2013 , 04:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Talluin View Post
They can't be compared at all.... JTL WAS a space flight sim....
You're joking right?

You are all comparing it to GSF and when we put up a video of the gameplay difference you all defend it saying JTL is a flight sim and blah blah blah.

JTL looks like complete trash, and yes I played JTL...

ODTONE
12.09.2013 , 04:45 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by -Morrigan- View Post
You're joking right?

You are all comparing it to GSF and when we put up a video of the gameplay difference you all defend it saying it's a flight sim.

wow really in 10 years grafics got better lol?
thats a real tough one, i cant imagine anyone who played jtl say i want 2 small maps with 3 satellites we blow up over and over and trash all this space here lol , sorry never saw that one in the forums at the time

-Morrigan-
12.09.2013 , 04:47 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ODTONE View Post
wow really in 10 years grafics got better lol?
thats a real tough one
I'm not comparing graphics here, I'm talking about gameplay.

Look at the X-Wing rolling around all over the place, total LOL!

Talluin
12.09.2013 , 04:47 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by -Morrigan- View Post
You're joking right?

You are all comparing it to GSF and when we put up a video of the gameplay difference you all defend it saying it's a flight sim.

I'm NOT comparing GSF to JTL AT ALL! they are so different it isn't even funny! GSF IS NOT a space 'sim' if you think it is then you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.