Crying about Operatives? I laugh at you and say look closer at Jedi Knights

Psyclosis

Jedi Knights at 50, hitting me for no less than 2.5k every hit, some of them 4k. The fight is over before it even starts.

4 Globals for a kill, thats no way to have PvP.

At least Operatives are situational and heavily relying on crits, if you mitigate any part of that operative burst then youve got them beat. Jedi Knights, nothing you can do, they just spam spam spam 3k hits on you. Not enjoyable.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jedi Knights at 50, hitting me for no less than 2.5k every hit, some of them 4k. The fight is over before it even starts.

At least Operatives are situational and heavily relying on crits, if you mitigate any part of that operative burst then youve got them beat. Jedi Knights, nothing you can do, they just spam spam spam 3k hits on you. Not enjoyable.

1/10.

op/scound player making up stories because the spotlight is hurting them so much

Expect to see more posts like this, just because someone said that if all the classes are complained about as being OP everything is balanced. All the OP classes will make a post with zero evidence, complaining about even the most underpowered classes in an attempt to hide themselves from the incoming nerf bat

Edited by cloudxshadowbane

Guardians/Jugg and Senti/Mara are awesome, people are too concerned with Operatives to notice that nearly everyone hits just as hard at 50 stacked with expertise/biochem.

It's because most of the population is playing a lightsaber class, so when they see someone else do good with their own class they ignore it. And when they get beat by another class they think it's op. Since more people are playing the lightsaber classes, there will be less QQ about them because how many people are going to actually come out and say that they want their class to be nerfed?

1/10.

op/scound player making up stories because the spotlight is hurting them so much

Expect to see more posts like this, just because someone said that if all the classes are complained about as being OP everything is balanced. All the OP classes will make a post with zero evidence, complaining about even the most underpowered classes in an attempt to hide themselves from the incoming nerf bat

Oh i am far from making up stories. I let this go for a week now thinking it was just luck but nope its constant, the Jedi Knight who has a lot of hp and mitigation can literally take out 2 of any opposing class with ease.

they hit too hard for the defence they have, fact.

An so it has come to pass that the cries for nerfs have come full circle.

While I believe that Marauders/Sentinels have some of the best, unique group dps tools for pvp, extremely strong sustained damage, the shortest cooldown available on an interrupt in the game(to my knowledge), and premium mobility options for the available map designs, the major problem that people will start to see when standing up against the geared members of this advanced class is their superior active defense when compared to other melee dps.

Their recently redesigned skillsets ensure that they will almost never be taking full damage from any class during a fight, unless that class gets very, very creative with their CC.

Because they produce such strong sustained damage, and offer unique dps tools like the game's only healing debuff, the plethora of great group buffs, as well as being one of the hardest classes to kill due to the plethora of short CD defensive tools tailored to ensure that they are very hard to counter or bypass, and you have what in my prediction will end up being the most complained about class in rated pvp, if that ever comes.

The reason? This class does not do very well without support. It provides raw damage and while it might fare better against classes in a zerg setting than one of the stealth dps, it does not have the same escapability, and the damage is slower to build up, though not much, than these stealth classes. It also does not have the luxury of picking targets, and high priority sentinels and marauders will be focused by multiple ranged dps due to the limitations of being in melee. In groups, the damage reduction comes through in a big way to ensure that you can tank multiple opponents with support while never really losing your dps.

This doesn't mean that operatives don't need to be tuned either, but Sentinels and Marauders are on my watch list. As far as guardians and jugg's go, it's all the aoe ability and some interesting talent synergy there, which if it becomes overpowered will be easily changed. It feels gimicky and looks boring to me.

Edited by Lina_Inverse

I'm a level 50 Defense Jedi Guardian, do you mean all Jedi Knights, or just like, some sentinels, or DPS Guardians, or what? I certainly don't hit particularly hard, being a tank. And I'm definitely not OP what with all the huge problems with damage mitigation, and most of my stats being useless against 80% of attacks.

That's it? Psh. I've gotten 7.5k crits followed by 5k+

A knight, guard or sent cannot stun an opponent and kill him before the stun wears off.

An operative can.

Nothing more to say about this.

Play a sent to L50 rank 50 and come back to this post. You'll have a very different viewpoint.

Really, then you should try fighting one yourself. Read the above post about how hard they hit. Considering most have 14kish HP, hitting this kind of damage is a kill before out of stun. For a class in their armor with their defensive abilities, its bull.

Edited by gibsonstu

A knight, guard or sent cannot stun an opponent and kill him before the stun wears off.

An operative can.

Nothing more to say about this.

Play a sent to L50 rank 50 and come back to this post. You'll have a very different viewpoint.

The only time an Operative can down a geared 50 like that, is when we pop relic + adrenal.

In which case, any solid damage class can do that. Need I link videos of Pyro Powertechs doing the same thing?

Except they don't need to re-stealth. The just run up or pull people to them and gib them.

People need to quit crying. The nerf threads have overshadowed everything else in the PvP forum. How sad.

Nope, the tanks. My Guardian Friend kills me in three hits without Consumables. Force Sweep is completely broken atm.

You must be really bad then and/or do nothing. Sweep hits like truck...IF...if you eat all consumables, and your target is lowbie with no expertise. If you both are 50 and geared, there is no reason he kills you in THREE hits.

Edited by Dalnar

Oh i am far from making up stories. I let this go for a week now thinking it was just luck but nope its constant, the Jedi Knight who has a lot of hp and mitigation can literally take out 2 of any opposing class with ease.

they hit too hard for the defence they have, fact.

2 sith inquisitors would eat him for breakfast.. Hell, 1 on 1 the inquisitor would CC and destroy him all while laughing out loud like palpatine..

yes

wait

no

good try OP, almost tricked me

nerf ops/scs

The only time an Operative can down a geared 50 like that, is when we pop relic + adrenal.

In which case, any solid damage class can do that. Need I link videos of Pyro Powertechs doing the same thing?

Except they don't need to re-stealth. The just run up or pull people to them and gib them.

People need to quit crying. The nerf threads have overshadowed everything else in the PvP forum. How sad.

Another operative player posting false information to try and escape the spotlight. It is starting to get pretty funny. I hope they archive these threads so we can reminisce after the nerf bat hits them

You must be really bad then and/or do nothing. Sweep hits like truck...IF...if you eat all consumables, and your target is lowbie with no expertise. If you both are 50 and geared, there is no reason he kills you in THREE hits.

Yeah, i am bad because i eat 4-5k from Guardians/Juggernaut? Your Opinion is flawed. And no, Force Sweap hits for 4k-5k without Consumables.

Edited by Teabaker

Another operative player posting false information to try and escape the spotlight. It is starting to get pretty funny.

personally I think they way some people are willing to drag themselves thru the mud like that just to keep some unfair advantage is sad, and close to embarrasing.