Put mods from 216 offhand saber into my orange double-saber, and now "Invalid slot"

Gorgor

I bought a glowing offhand saber from a vendor on the station, and put the mods into my favorite orange saber. I go to try to equip the saber and now it says "Invalid slot".

I thought maybe there was some timer thing going on because of some 24 hour sellback, but it is 2 days later now, and same problem.

A hover over shows nothing red whatsoever on the big popup of the orange saber.

Waiiiiiit. The saber says at the bottom "requires double-bladed lightsaber" but at the top it says "offhand". Wut, did something convert it to an offhand-only double-blade saber? That makes no sense.

Ok here are the hover overs. I have pasted in the original thing I bought to the lower left.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll38/Gnurl/th_Screenshot_2015-11-18_22_21_32_232041x_zpswwre8ew9.jpg

(zoom in is hard to see, it overlays the upper right corner and becomes bright when your mouse goes over it.)

It's not like it's game-breaking. It is about 30 more low and 50 more high out of ~1350 of my 208 blue level 64 saber.

Edited by Gorgor

Ok went back to the old hilt, and now the damage is 200 less than it would have been. Apparently the hilt's level is the weapon's, including scaling of damage I guess.

That's pretty pathetic. The hilt should say what kind it is and disallow placement in the wrong kind of lightsaber. :mad:

Wasted over half my glowing crystals and 15,200 credits to remove it (no rich grinder me for either.)

Ok went back to the old hilt, and now the damage is 200 less than it would have been. Apparently the hilt's level is the weapon's, including scaling of damage I guess.

That's pretty pathetic. The hilt should say what kind it is and disallow placement in the wrong kind of lightsaber. :mad:

Wasted over half my glowing crystals and 15,200 credits to remove it (no rich grinder me for either.)

That's actually a good suggestion. It's one thing to get burned on the crystals because you weren't aware of the hilt restrictions, and then it's just a kick in the nads to charge you creds to remove something that shouldn't have been able to have been put in there to start with.

I guess the silver lining here would be that you now have a 216 offhand hilt you can transfer via legacy weapon to your marauder or sentinel. If you have one, that is.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess what irritates me the most is I have this particular orange saber I love to use, and now I can't because I can't find a hilt for it without grinding heroic missions or something. I would be happy if I could have a costume slot for the weapon, but that isn't available (yet.)

That I am a 500 level artificer AKA lightsaber maker, and I cannot pull a hilt out of any of these blue things, sickens as well. And why the big lore deal with creating your own saber when you are expected to use these sterile drops as full saber replacement for your own?

I guess what irritates me the most is I have this particular orange saber I love to use, and now I can't because I can't find a hilt for it without grinding heroic missions or something. I would be happy if I could have a costume slot for the weapon, but that isn't available (yet.)

That I am a 500 level artificer AKA lightsaber maker, and I cannot pull a hilt out of any of these blue things, sickens as well. And why the big lore deal with creating your own saber when you are expected to use these sterile drops as full saber replacement for your own?

I had the same frustration when i first learnt this, at first i was kinda like elitist "what is this scrub deal, go do ops!" but now i'm like.... yeah i know them feels, but its easy to do SM ops, you dont even need a hilt in that saber, story mode has bolster and it will fix your damage. Ask people that you need first the mainhand, do ravagers and/other ops that drop MH... then you can take out the hilt for you. Also, that 216 offhand hilt you bought can be RE (60% chance of learning, pretty solid) the schematic, you can then craft a legit 216 hilt with 1 dark matter catalyst (from 16 man sm ops or HM 8 man, or GTN) and there you go.

Yeah, I feel you, this is kind of a pity. I for one only knew because OH hilts/barrels have never been usable in MH before. Always took it for granted once I found out the hard way. :o

Still, if as you say you're a 500 Artificer, you can RE the 216 rating hilt with a 60% chance to learn that schematic. I did it myself, and now am farming credits for the mats - I PuG Ops where the mats drop, so chances of getting some are low. :D

Will do that again for the 220 rating one once I get enough crystals for it... Or I may just skip it altogether, it depends wether I get the mats or the recipe first. ;)

Ok, reversed it and got lucky for the schematic. The worst is the dark matter, at a 900k for the cheapest one. I can swing this, and the rest of the mats but it will tap me out, which is fine.

I may give it a whirl.

ETA: 1.3M of my 1.38M bank account later, and 38 minutes to go, we shall see...

In any case, neither grinding, nor grinding-to-buy, nor buying seem very epic. You'd think one of these uber, galaxy-class Sith I've womped the past month would be carrying something I could use.

Edited by Gorgor

Ok, made one, nice.

FYI, these show up as "barrels" on the market, not hilts. A hilt search for level 65 hilts returns nothing, while a search for barrels returns both barrels and hilts.

Nice.

xD nice bug report, would you be so kind to report it to bioware properly? i'm to tired. Will test and do it myself inside the game i guess..

Ok, filed a bug on it.

Any purple 64 or 65 hilt will only show up as a barrel on the galactic market search. Don't know about lower level or qualities. Easy enough to reproduce (check actual Jung Ma market if nothing else.)

xD nice bug report, would you be so kind to report it to bioware properly? i'm to tired. Will test and do it myself inside the game i guess..

I had reported the bug ingame back on November 3 that searching for Barrels in GTN also returned Hilts. Guess I should have looked more closely at those Hilts.