Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your Favorite quotes - Star Wars Edition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Your Favorite quotes - Star Wars Edition

Selenial
07.31.2013 , 10:05 AM | #1
Hey guys

With the little fun threads, like the "Unknown Star Wars Videos" Thread, that keep popping up... I was inspired to create this "Favorite Quotes" thread

Quotes, philosophical, comical, whatever they may be, many of us take a liking to them, some of us "Sig" them, others simply remember them, letting them inspire.

Star Wars always has been a wonderful reflection on life, and many quotes bring truth that couldn't be brought by anything other than fiction...

But enough deep stuff What are your favorite quotes? I'll start us off with a few, from the Lord of Betrayal, Darth Traya herself...

Quote:
No Game of Dejarek can be won without pawns, and this may prove to be a very long game.
Quote:
It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
Quote:
It is good that you have never wondered what lay beneath her robes, if her alabaster skin was as white and unblemished as her face. Or if perhaps she bore the scars of slavery... and if that would stir you more. Perhaps her deferent tone would change once you held her by the throat, and showed her how far a Jedi can fall.
Quote:
Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever.
Quote:
Exile: And I thought I was cold.
Kreia: Oh, you have promise. But wait until you have more years fall upon you, and you will see what a shell your heart will become.
Quote:
Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you
Quote:
Vrook: You were deafened.
Kreia: At last, you could hear.
Kavar: You were broken.
Kreia: You were whole.
Zez-Kai Ell: You were blinded.
Kreia: And at last... you saw.
Quote:
Yes, and what are they without the Force? Take the greatest Jedi Knight, strip away the Force, and what remains? They rely on it, depend on it, more than they know. Watch as one tries to hold a blaster, as they try to hold a lightsaber, and you will see nothing more than a woman – or a man. A child
Quote:
You must understand. I did not wish the Jedi dead. Defeated... perhaps. I merely wished them to see that they and their teachings were wrong. That one could not truly understand the Force simply by adhering to the Jedi Code.
Quote:
Sith' is a title, yes, but like you, the title is not who I am. It is not what I believe. For you… it is different.
Quote:
To be united by hatred is a fragile alliance at best.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Celéna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Aurbere
07.31.2013 , 10:15 AM | #2
Plo Koon quote!

Quote:
Fame, recognition- a Jedi does not seek these things. It was enough to serve and have good come from that.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
07.31.2013 , 10:18 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Plo Koon quote!
I like:

Quote:
We are justice
a little more
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.

Canino
07.31.2013 , 10:20 AM | #4
G0-T0 in the house!

Quote:
Perhaps you misunderstand me. I "care" for the Republic, but I have no choice. It is somewhat frustrating to be forced to love and care for such a mess of a government.
Quote:
Do you mean to imply that your life is worth zero credits?
And of course....

Quote:
Pazaak bores me. I often suspect my opponent of cheating. I prefer predictable games, such as galactic economics.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Aurbere
07.31.2013 , 10:20 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I like:

a little more
That's a good one, too.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
07.31.2013 , 10:24 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
G0-T0 in the house!
And of course....
Gotta love G0-T0

Oh, Real quick, go post in
this thread, so we can get the Traya match

Canino
07.31.2013 , 10:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Gotta love G0-T0

Oh, Real quick, go post in
this thread, so we can get the Traya match
Oh yeah... about that I sort of saw that earlier and didn't post....

Don't kill me.....
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

TalonVII
07.31.2013 , 10:26 AM | #8
SIR! The possibility of navigating this asteroid field is 3720 to 1!

NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!

And my other favorite. Myn Donos "Pretty, so what do be blow up first?" Wedge "remind me to make that the official Wraith Squadron Motto".
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Selenial
07.31.2013 , 11:05 AM | #9
Quote:
You can't win Darth, strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you could possible imagine.
I love this one, the last Wisdom filled words of Kenobi...

I found the perfect summary of it online a while back, something along the lines of "In a final F-u to vader, he illustrates how in using the force for evil, they fail to see its true power. A noble and Dignified battle, resulting in a Noble and Dignified death. He may have been reduced to a role as Luke Skywalkers Jiminy Cricket, but he got there in Style."

Beniboybling
07.31.2013 , 02:29 PM | #10
It seems Selenial has taken all the best Traya quotes (revel in them ) so here is a couple another of my favourite characters from KOTOR 2:

"I don't know how you became such a manipulative witch, but why a vicious old scow like yourself would even bother with me is a bigger mystery."

"I have had enough of this – I will be in my chambers."

"Yeah, me, too. I'll be in my chambers. But since I don't have any, I guess I'll just go to the cockpit like I always do."

What's that, you'd rather some words of wisdom?

"Size matters not, look at me, judge me by my size do you... heck, this quote is too could to read, you've got a hear it!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEuA5Y_Cc88