Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The GREATEST Non-Force Users!

Beniboybling
06.25.2013 , 02:38 PM | #11
I'd like to make a suggestion and say we narrow this down a little so that greatest refers to combat ability. The reason being that in the end its a matter of opinion whether Thrawn is 'greater' than say Jango Fett as their skills exist in different spheres and are incomparable.

Its like trying to say who's the greatest animal on the planet. A tiger for its deadliness? An ape for its intelligence? A cockroach for its durability? A cheetah for its speed? We can't say whether one is 'greater' than the other.

LordFlasheart
06.25.2013 , 02:47 PM | #12
I am not entirely sure who to nominate. I think about someone like say Wedge Antilles, he could vape any other non-force sensitive in starfighter combat easily (Except maybe Baron Fel, his nephew Jagged, and Tycho Celchu). But put him on the ground and while he was capable with blasters, vibroblades and hand to hand, he wouldn't stand a chance against Grievous or the Fett's. He was also an above average tactician, though most of that came in Post-RotJ.

The Fett's too were both above average pilots, their hand to hand skills and weapon mastery was nearly second to none. But I am not sure they had much experience with large scale engagement tactics (small group sure) and both were loners who had pissed off or scared away anyone who was ever close to them. Send them against Thrawn or Antilles who both easily made allies and could command them in such a way as to make easy work of either Fett.

Aurbere
06.25.2013 , 03:17 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I'd like to make a suggestion and say we narrow this down a little so that greatest refers to combat ability. The reason being that in the end its a matter of opinion whether Thrawn is 'greater' than say Jango Fett as their skills exist in different spheres and are incomparable.

Its like trying to say who's the greatest animal on the planet. A tiger for its deadliness? An ape for its intelligence? A cockroach for its durability? A cheetah for its speed? We can't say whether one is 'greater' than the other.
That's a good point, and I think I agree. It should be based on combat ability. It would be too difficult to rank them if we compared tactical capabilities to combat abilities. It would create some philosophical debates, though.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

LordFlasheart
06.25.2013 , 03:35 PM | #14
So Combat ability, as in hand-to-hand? or all encompassing ground based combat? Starfighter Combat? Dejarrik? Sabacc?

Beniboybling
06.25.2013 , 04:15 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by LordFlasheart View Post
So Combat ability, as in hand-to-hand? or all encompassing ground based combat? Starfighter Combat? Dejarrik? Sabacc?
Lol, not dejarrik or sabacc, that's for sure. I guess it will be up to Wolf to decide but I was thinking personal combat abilities.

Kaedusz
06.25.2013 , 04:23 PM | #16
Well its pretty obvious Cipher Nine occupy the first place.After that you have a bunch of Bounty Hunters and Mandalores.

That is assuming we are talking about pure combat skills.

tunewalker
06.25.2013 , 04:24 PM | #17
Personally I think it should be all encompassing tactical piloting ground so on while Thrawn is great in the first and I am sure he has some training the in the lower 2 I think there are more well rounded characters that could take the higher spots (think of it this way for jedi we have Control Sense and Alter one is not enough to get you high you need to be good at all 3 same for here).

That being Said I would like to Nominate Wedge for one of the lower ranks as he was great at both tactical and space fighting (I put space combat above ground combat as once you take the planets space you can cut off supplies and such to the ground making it far more important to hold space then to hold ground so while ground combat is important space is doubly so).

Wolfninjajedi
06.25.2013 , 04:47 PM | #18
Alright, alright, I guess I wasn't thinking that far ahead. But will do it based on combat ability I suppose.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
06.25.2013 , 05:11 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Alright, alright, I guess I wasn't thinking that far ahead. But will do it based on combat ability I suppose.
In that case, I shall nominate General Grievous as #1

Became a famed warlord during the Huk War.

One of the greatest Jedi hunters in history.

Wielded multiple lightsabers in an unorthodox formed that rivaled that of skilled Jedi duelists.

Cybernetic augmentations in his brain allowed him to analyse his opponents attacks even able to calculate a response to Windu's Vaapad.

Really, I can't imagine any other fighter other than a Force user would could possibly defeat him. In fact he's the only real non-Force user that comes to mind that could fight on par with Jedi for a prolonged period of time.

Wolfninjajedi
06.25.2013 , 05:34 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
In that case, I shall nominate General Grievous as #1

Became a famed warlord during the Huk War.

One of the greatest Jedi hunters in history.

Wielded multiple lightsabers in an unorthodox formed that rivaled that of skilled Jedi duelists.

Cybernetic augmentations in his brain allowed him to analyse his opponents attacks even able to calculate a response to Windu's Vaapad.

Really, I can't imagine any other fighter other than a Force user would could possibly defeat him. In fact he's the only real non-Force user that comes to mind that could fight on par with Jedi for a prolonged period of time.
Forgot Durge. :P But yes, I suppose he would be the good choice for number 1 among other things. I think Durge would be 2nd or actually could be a nice contender for 1st, given his biology, armor and the like, able to see Jedi in slow motion, able to keep up with em and so forth. I mean it took a *********** star just to kill the guy....

While he may not be able to wield lightsabers, the guy didn't need em lol.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.