Finding the new content difficulty refreshingly difficult.

Just wanted to make a non-QQ post.

I play a 50 Concealment Operative.

Yesterday I had the chance to clear the Lost Island on Hard Mode and Explosive Conflict on Normal mode.

It was nice to see the devs step the difficulty up...this was the first hard mode that actually felt hard and the first raid that was truly difficult....took us about 5-6 hours to clear Normal.

I'm looking forward to diving into the Hardmode of Explosive.

With all the problems in this game I feel like the difficulty curve is finally going into the right direction.

What i liked wasn't that it was difficult (It wasn't, really), it was the TYPE of difficulty.

I could go and write a game right now where everything has 100000000 hit points, kill anyone in one hit, and you do 1 damage a hit. That would be "difficult". It wouldn't be fun.

The 1.1 content, save for 1-2 fights, were all like that (but not really hard, obviously).

The new content isn't really hard so much as it actually requires you to look at the screen and do a bunch of fun little mechanics. Thats actually fun, regardless of difficulty.

The only sad part is that to experience that content, people need some basic gears, and they have to go through the "boring number check content" first, so they won't get to experience the fun stuff and may just quit.

If they will already start upping the gear requirements to access anything beyond 2 operations, and the only really fun flashpoint, then they need to redesign the lower end content to be as fun as the new stuff so people stay interested.

What i liked wasn't that it was difficult (It wasn't, really), it was the TYPE of difficulty.

I could go and write a game right now where everything has 100000000 hit points, kill anyone in one hit, and you do 1 damage a hit. That would be "difficult". It wouldn't be fun.

The 1.1 content, save for 1-2 fights, were all like that (but not really hard, obviously).

The new content isn't really hard so much as it actually requires you to look at the screen and do a bunch of fun little mechanics. Thats actually fun, regardless of difficulty.

The only sad part is that to experience that content, people need some basic gears, and they have to go through the "boring number check content" first, so they won't get to experience the fun stuff and may just quit.

If they will already start upping the gear requirements to access anything beyond 2 operations, and the only really fun flashpoint, then they need to redesign the lower end content to be as fun as the new stuff so people stay interested.

You don't need to do EV or KP anymore.

1. Hit 50

2. Get Columi gear from Flashpoints (Super easy with no lockout)

3. Get Rakata from Explosive Conflict Story Mode

4. Get Campaign gear from Explosive Conflict Hard Mode

No need to do Tier 1, Bioware made it obsolete... It's kinda sad really.

You don't need to do EV or KP anymore.

1. Hit 50

2. Get Columi gear from Flashpoints (Super easy with no lockout)

3. Get Rakata from Explosive Conflict Story Mode

4. Get Campaign gear from Explosive Conflict Hard Mode

No need to do Tier 1, Bioware made it obsolete... It's kinda sad really.

Blackhole comms from NiM in EV/KP, plus all the dailies/weeklies, etc. It is still worth it to do NiM.

I just wish that they hadn't given us the PTS. Going into it without a bunch of guilds already releasing videos kind of killed the race.

Trust me, you wouldn't have wanted to face Zorn & Toth on story mode in their initial incarnation. People would be up in arms! Letting people test on the PTS helped a lot with the balancing which makes the new zone, imo, a heck of a lot of fun.

Trust me, you wouldn't have wanted to face Zorn & Toth on story mode in their initial incarnation. People would be up in arms! Letting people test on the PTS helped a lot with the balancing which makes the new zone, imo, a heck of a lot of fun.

Killed them in story mode in their initial version, and in hard mode. It was a pain in the butt, don't get me wrong, but it was very fun. They nerfed these bosses way too much.