Argument against LFG

I'm going to be in the vocal minority here, but I'm happy with how the grouping(or lack of grouping)system stands. Community is made on needs and not desires.

You want a regular endless source of group members?

That's what a guild is for. No good ones? Start one. I did and I haven't pugged a Flashpoint since. And no, they aren't veterans or close friends. We learn together, teach each other, have some laughs and play for fun.

The WoW style LFG tool destroyed the remaining idea of community in that MMO. SWTOR is a breath of fresh air BECAUSE of it's community limitations. You have to build ties, meet friend, talk to people, be charming, learn about generosity, etc.

Hitting a button and getting a group leads to individual army-of-one mentalities and ******s left and right.

We need each other, and my request is the there never is an LFG tool. Otherwise I fear we will again forget that feeling and give up our community for lazy grinds and meaningless progression.

Im not 50 but i totally agree with this idea. LRG and the newest evil LFR killed the wow community or need to know any member of the community or even be in a guild. Hit a button, see the content, be a jerk, never been seen again. No ties, no responsibility, no reason to care about the ppl you are working with...

I hope we never see it in this game.

There's a difference between LFG and cross-realm LFG. Personally I'm for the former, and against the latter.

With an LFG tool that only forms groups from your realm, it makes it a lot easier to get into groups, etc when you are out doing dailies or whatever. You still get to know the people from your server because that's where the people are coming from.

If someone's a jerk, you can tell other people on your server they're a jerk.

Because spamming general chat on the fleet for an hour plus is fun and building a community, right?

As it stands right now, I'm still lone wolfing flashpoints; no one even talks during runs. The only difference is it takes me forever to find that group in the first place.

Im not 50 but i totally agree with this idea. LRG and the newest evil LFR killed the wow community or need to know any member of the community or even be in a guild. Hit a button, see the content, be a jerk, never been seen again. No ties, no responsibility, no reason to care about the ppl you are working with...

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_hoc_ergo_propter_hoc

Edited by Moricthian

Because spamming general chat on the fleet for an hour plus is fun and building a community, right?

As it stands right now, I'm still lone wolfing flashpoints; no one even talks during runs. The only difference is it takes me forever to find that group in the first place.

^this

+1

WTB dungeon finder, for the occasional level or 2 your behind because you hate the planet your on, or your bored, etc etc etc.

The term "server community" coming from the buggy whip lobby of SWTOR is laughable.

People ARE ALREADY complete ***-hats on my server with the lack of respect for the time of others, gear etiquette and patience for players learning the ropes of tanking and healing.

Anonymous cross-server grouping couldn't breed a lot of bigger jerks than what's already around Imperial side The Swiftsure.

To impede the progress of players with less time and networking prowess available due to your make-believe idea of "community" is simply elitist nonsense.

I'm going to be in the vocal minority here, but I'm happy with how the grouping(or lack of grouping)system stands. Community is made on needs and not desires.

You want a regular endless source of group members?

That's what a guild is for. No good ones? Start one. I did and I haven't pugged a Flashpoint since. And no, they aren't veterans or close friends. We learn together, teach each other, have some laughs and play for fun.

The WoW style LFG tool destroyed the remaining idea of community in that MMO. SWTOR is a breath of fresh air BECAUSE of it's community limitations. You have to build ties, meet friend, talk to people, be charming, learn about generosity, etc.

Hitting a button and getting a group leads to individual army-of-one mentalities and ******s left and right.

We need each other, and my request is the there never is an LFG tool. Otherwise I fear we will again forget that feeling and give up our community for lazy grinds and meaningless progression.

Please site the scientific studies and sources for your claims, otherwise they are just a bunch of hot air.

7 years of playing WoW and the only game experience that LFG changed was the amount of time it took to get a group together. There were just as many jerks prior to LFG as there were after, but after I had to waste less time on them.

The basic concept that making it easier to meet people with which to do team content is anti-social is pretty counter intuitive.

There should be, at a MINIMUM, a channel that is galaxy-wide that can be used for LFG, if they do not want to implement an actual LFG tool. I wish I could work on dailies while looking for a HM group at the same time. :(

The term "server community" coming from the buggy whip lobby of SWTOR is laughable.

People ARE ALREADY complete ***-hats on my server with the lack of respect for the time of others, gear etiquette and patience for players learning the ropes of tanking and healing..

Oh my god the gear ettiquette is AWFUL. People just roll on a lightsaber because they can equip it without even looking at the stats. So I ***** 'em out and they're like "umad bro? look I can equip it. I can use it too. U mad bro?" Same with armor, they just look at the armor type and not the stats, I can't tell you how many pieces of armor/weapons I have had ninja'd and the people can't even use them.

there is a LFG tool in place for the server you are on atm...please just don't seem to use it..but it is under "who" of your social panel. you can put that you are lfg there and see who else in your current area is also lfg for what.

I'm not against, LFG tool for the same server..but the cross server stuff is kinda lamo

I'm 50. Never had an issue with groups. Completed every FP while leveling, do heroics when I please with zeron issues. Gonna go ahead and sign my agreement to this. Eff a dungeon finder.

Sorry, but citing your experience from your server has no bearing at all on other servers, so your opinion (in the circumstances that you stated) is completely invalid.

Sorry, but citing your experience from your server has no bearing at all on other servers, so your opinion (in the circumstances that you stated) is completely invalid.

Except for the fact that the person I quoted made a blanket statement regarding being level 50 before posting anything as if that made some massive difference and the opinion of the OP would be swayed by hitting a certain level. Do not discount my opinion just because you dont agree with it. It is perfectly valid. Especially considering I play Republic side, which is the least played faction no matter what server you are on. Furthermore, I am referencing my experience as one who was above the leveling curve (50 by the end of the second week) on my server making it even more difficult to find groups than someone in the leveling process now. It still is not an issue if you use even a fraction of effort. And the amount of time trying to get a group together is no different, and in many cases much much faster, than being a dps in WoW and waiting for their PoS system to match you into a group when tanks queue instantly.

As the title says, im so fed up with this game not having an LFG tool, i can't simply care a flying duck about the pro's here arguing about the LFG tool from WoW would destroy this game bla bla bla, not having one WOULD infact destroy this game, as i have absolutly NO intention of subsribing untill it has.

As it stands right now, im not much for PvP, i wanna do Flashpoints, but it takes forever to get groups together, not to mention finding a healer lol... And the groups you DO get together could infact be so inferior that loosing that bad person could ruin your whole group, MOST of the time it actually does destroy the group (Wich is lame as duck)..

Now, SWTOR (EA, BioWare) NEEDS their subscribers, and i really mean ALL of em, the pro's, the noobs, and the CASUALS like me, if they don't, this game turns very fast from a very ANTICIPATED game, to a more, DEAD game within months...

Now, give me this LFG tool ASAP, the current tool is pure garbage.

I couldnt care less about Cross Realm LFG, but a more Automated ON REALM LFG tool, thats my idea, FOR NOW.. Untill the realm LFG tool becomes inferior that is..

7 years of playing WoW and the only game experience that LFG changed was the amount of time it took to get a group together.

one more thing changed as well - players were doing even less quests then before. to the point when you could actually do almost no quests at all, just level on doing lfg dungeons.

and since SW:TOR is much more story based, maybe Bioware doesnt want players to level by running same flashpoint 8 times and then mowving to another one, without being ;out in the world' at all.

just an idea, it also possible that they simply dont have a tool for it yet

If you want a server wide lfg channel then just make one that is what someone on my server did. Right click the general tab at the top of the chat box click creat new channel and name it lfg then tell people in general about it and try to get others advertising about it.

And the groups you DO get together could infact be so inferior that loosing that bad person could ruin your whole group, MOST of the time it actually does destroy the group (Wich is lame as duck)...

LFG tool wont change that. nerfing and simplifying everything till it becomes a brainless experience, like it happened in wow, would.... but i hope that will never happen

LFG tool wont change that. nerfing and simplifying everything till it becomes a brainless experience, like it happened in wow, would.... but i hope that will never happen

I didnt say Simplify everything to the ground, the statement was for making it EASIER to just vote kick bad person, use Automated tool to get another player for try. lessen the chance of groups disbanding.

Ironic that you post a link to this fallacy, without providing any support to your argument in your own words. Just because its a fallacy to say that the LFD/LFR tools alone are responsible for the decline of the WoW community, doesn't mean they didn't contribute.

Having said that, I agree with the OP to an extent. The LFR/LFD tools did a lot to damage the community by removing the need to not be a douche, so that you don't get a bad name on your server. With more anonymity, one doesn't have to worry about the repercussions of their actions. In fact, these tools heavily promote solo-based play because you can be completely guildless and still do all the content. Solo-based play is pretty much the opposite of what an MMO promotes.

I agree that we do not need such an auto-group-finding tool in SWTOR. In fact, on my server we started a global LFG channel because Bioware did not implement one for us. We regularly have 50+ people on the channel and its growing as more people hit level 50 and tell others about it. We form groups from this channel regularly. We made it so that we could go out and do our dailies or w/e and still be able to find a group.

Sorry but you are just plain wrong. I'm in a large WoW guild, and it can take hours (yes hours) to get a group going for anything. Wait for this, and wait for that. Wait 5 minutes for so and so to finish something that often drags to 30 minutes. Wait for Joe Blow's girl friend to complete whatever; wait for Jane Doe's boy friend to come and tank... the list is literally endless. With LFD and LF Raids, players can continue play the game and HAVE FUN while in LFG queue and not have to count on Tom, Dick, and Harrys in your contact list.

Once again for those that missed the memo, waiting around in chat channels spamming "LFG Directive 7" does nothing to build "community." NOTHING!

Edited by Lowenblade

there is a LFG tool in place for the server you are on atm...please just don't seem to use it..but it is under "who" of your social panel. you can put that you are lfg there and see who else in your current area is also lfg for what.

I'm not against, LFG tool for the same server..but the cross server stuff is kinda lamo

If BioWare really wants people to use its LFG tool, then the Devs need to make it more user-friendly. The majority of MMO players just woulnd't put up with bush league UI's and clunky social tools. Also, a feature that's not being used is worse than having no feature at all. The lack of a decent LFG utility and no '/roll' feature show how new and inexperienced BioWare is to the MMO genre.

Edited by Lowenblade