Lightning Sorcerer

Talon_Starfire

It's a good start, but if you just want pure pve dps, then you'll want to change a few things:

1) Take the points out of electric bindings and backlash; these are only really useful in pvp (If you want to pvp, keep them).

2) Two of those points should go into exsanguinate, which increases the duration of affliction. The other two could go into the static barrier buff, or one in the static barrier buff and one in the casting distance increaser. Personally, I would put the two in the static barrier thing but also take a point out of electric induction to put in the distance talent.

3) The build you made it only at level 48, so once you get to 50 the other two points should go in disintegration in the madness tree.

i use this build on my sorc mostly for pve and it works pretty good http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZbcdMdRrutZcMcMo.2

I have to disagree. If you want those pvp talents in leiu of a longer affliction and mroe crit chance that's fine, but some other things are very wrong with that spec. You're missing thundering blast, which is the whole point of going full lightning. It is a great skill and not getting it when you have the points available doesn't make sense. Shock is never dps optimal and the same goes for chain shock. It's only use is when you need to use an offensive ability but have to move as well. Those rare cases don't merit getting the talent. Also, you should only being using force lightning when lightning barrage procs, so getting rid of the cooldown doesn't help you any while lightning specced.

Well im 31 point lighting build and thundering blast does have kind of a long cd but the damage makes up for it im in full columi and it hits for almost 4k without adrenals and relics it hits like a truck so picking the no cooldown on force lighting over that is a waste of dps imo