When is someone going to ask the number 1 questions pvpers want to know?

troyh

World PvP blows in this game, period. It already failed. Not sure how you guys do the WZ's on your server, but WZ's on our end isn't really scripted lol. I will agree new maps would be nice, to inject some life into the already tired WZ's. But I for one do NOT miss the lag based zerg fest TOR called World PvP. It was atrocious, took NO skill at all, and literally promoted kill trading to complete dailies, valor farming, etc. While I do enjoy World PvP, this game (and most of the player base) has shown they need to be lead around their noses by rewards to do it. None of that, screams "Real PvP" to me. Game is filled with Elite Carebears tbh.

I enjoy having random PvP when I queue up, cause I never know who I may face, I also enjoy not sitting around waiting for the Opfor to amass enough peeps to have a fight last in total 4 minutes, while getting mass pulled into enemy bases for turret kills, and having 4-5 FPS. I guess to me, it's not scripted, even in the same maps different strats are used, and in ranked it's more like Chess than anything else. I won't comment on Reg WZ's, as those are just for the lulz, but when this game can't even host World PvP, I fail to see how anyone can actually continue to ask for it. I still love you though. <3

It's hard to objectively argue with much of this. Especially the whole lag fiesta.

Bioware screwed Ilum up with their poor testing procedures in beta, and with their poor game engine. The one thing they could've done to fix it somewhat would have been to make it instance based (the PvP zone itself) and only allow a modest variance in the ratio of Republic to Imperials. I'd make the ratio cap 5 to 4 at most. Sure, you'd have folks locked out of it, but that's the lesser of two problems.

As far as the open world kill trading, guess what? douchebags with no intregrity will be who they are. If it's not one thing it's another. Forcing people to go to "in the box" PvP for PvP specific gear to use in the open world - I mean, you may as well make all your servers PvE at that point.

Edited by islander

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

World PvP blows in this game, period. It already failed. Not sure how you guys do the WZ's on your server, but WZ's on our end isn't really scripted lol. I will agree new maps would be nice, to inject some life into the already tired WZ's. But I for one do NOT miss the lag based zerg fest TOR called World PvP. It was atrocious, took NO skill at all, and literally promoted kill trading to complete dailies, valor farming, etc. While I do enjoy World PvP, this game (and most of the player base) has shown they need to be lead around their noses by rewards to do it. None of that, screams "Real PvP" to me. Game is filled with Elite Carebears tbh.

I enjoy having random PvP when I queue up, cause I never know who I may face, I also enjoy not sitting around waiting for the Opfor to amass enough peeps to have a fight last in total 4 minutes, while getting mass pulled into enemy bases for turret kills, and having 4-5 FPS. I guess to me, it's not scripted, even in the same maps different strats are used, and in ranked it's more like Chess than anything else. I won't comment on Reg WZ's, as those are just for the lulz, but when this game can't even host World PvP, I fail to see how anyone can actually continue to ask for it. I still love you though. <3

Very valid points...and some I hadn't thought about tbh. I originally started on HoG, and I don't recall any time where we kill traded, but I know it happened on other servers, and possibly on ours as well...so my memory of Illum isn't as negative as many peoples may be. I still think it was 'fixable', but not with the lag and crashing. We had 50v50+ quite often and, aside from the performance issues, I would generally have a blast.

And when I say 'scripted', lemme clear up what I mean, 'scripted' meaning the exact same objectives in the exact same order, in the exact same place every flipping time...there's no real ability to fool people...it's east, west, mid and call incoming. There's no real way to lead the other team into a trap, there's no good way to take a node, plant a bomb, score a goal, that isn't stupidly obvious. I'd just like SOME variation to the **edit** we have. I'd like more than 8 player teams - 10, 12, 16. I'd like arena style death matches, I'd like a map where I can't see every person the entire time.

Like I said, it's probably more that I just despise doing the same 4 **edit**ing boxes only, than any real dislike of warzones...I just want SOME variety...we have NONE right now.

Maybe you're right about WPvP being dead...I just held out hope I guess.

Forcing people to go to "in the box" PvP for PvP specific gear to use in the open world - I mean, you may as well make all your servers PvE at that point.

I agree 100%. I don't even think gear should be earned via PvP, it should be crafted tbh, and available to anyone who reaches 50. I don't want a valor cap to equip X amount of gear, or if I preferred to World PvP to grind out 1,500 WZ's to make my toon sustainable. I totally get that and agree. Armor, and the highest mods/enhans/armoring, should have been made for crafters only, unlocking the top tier quality within their craftign profession. I would level more toons to 50 if they allowed new 50's to wear what they want. =(

Yeah that's just it. When 1.3 hit the scene (check the notes), there was supposed to be a HUGE change with upgrades to game optimization. Guess what? It got worse lol. WZ's are now seeing lag spikes, and we all know the random DC's is just frustrating as well. I forgot where I read it, but did see a link, that when they purchased the engine they optimized it themselves (EA/BW), without letting the peeps who knew how to do it, do it. That could be hearsay of course, but we all know this game runs like crap.

this is actually true. which is incredibly sad.

bioware bought the hero engine in an unfinished state, and told its creators "dont worry, we have coders that can finish it just fine". the rest is history

i think we pretty much feel the same way; the game is still enjoyable to play but there are so many obnoxiously obvious thing that should have/need to be changed/fixed and will never happen.

it really makes you wonder what exactly qualifies someone to become a mmo project lead

Maybe you're right about WPvP being dead...I just held out hope I guess.

Tux it's not that World PvP doesn't take skill, cause there is nothing better than a smaller force beating down a larger force, but in THIS game...numbers matter. This isn't SWG where World skill can actually win a fight. In TOR, it's a total mindless melee zerg, with even worse FPS lol. And yes, it's very sad and frustrating, which is why I despise EA/Mythic because they're god awful at understanding this. Maybe they will surpirse me and come out with something, but ask yourself, 8 months into the game....1 million peeps unsubbed...what are the odds?

I'm with ya on everything, just think it's too much for this team to do.

Edited by Pistols

this is actually true. which is incredibly sad.

bioware bought the hero engine in an unfinished state, and told its creators "dont worry, we have coders that can finish it just fine". the rest is history

i think we pretty much feel the same way; the game is still enjoyable to play but there are so many obnoxiously obvious thing that should have/need to be changed/fixed and will never happen.

Ding ding ding!

I'll probably always 'come back' on occasion when I'm in between games. I still enjoy this more then the previous default MMO (WoW). The disappointment of what this game easily could have been - with some smarter decisions and more thorough testing - is just epic.

It's not like we all are cheering its failure. The fact I bought GW2 (having no interest to ever play GW1) is solely an indication of the state of this game, and nothing else. I'm sure over time GW2 will have its issues. The question/test will be how well they deal with them.

I hope this game turns around in the coming months, but I'm not holding my breath. Oddsmakers put the odds pretty high :(

Edited by islander

Side Question: As it stands ranked pvp queues are lacking on most servers which is making the grind for warhero take forever. Will there be any plans of lowering the cost to gear up now that ranked has been a failure?

Your original questions I have zero interest in however your side question is of value.

Anything that helps/removes this insane grind to be able to have fun in PvP, and actually get more people to play is of interest.

I can even add one question : Will there ever be a warzone where gear does not matter, where we can play with pure skill on even grounds? :csw_jabbapet:

Edited by Icestar

Tux it's not that World PvP doesn't take skill, cause there is nothing better than a smaller force beating down a larger force, but in THIS game...numbers matter. This isn't SWG where World skill can actually win a fight. In TOR, it's a total mindless melee zerg, with even worse FPS lol. And yes, it's very sad and frustrating, which is why I despise EA/Mythic because they're god awful at understanding this. Maybe they will surpirse me and come out with something, but ask yourself, 8 months into the game....1 million peeps unsubbed...what are the odds?

I'm with ya on everything, just think it's too much for this team to do.

Agreed. How I miss fighting with FIXER against outrageous numbers of AI.

World Pvp should give credits based on the skill "rated" level of your kill and their gear. Those credits can be split evenly by anyone that does damage in the fight.

That's a nice little reward that should break anything.

Edited by VoidJustice

Will there be cross server queueing in 1.4 for rated warzones?

Will there be single player or non 8man queuing for ranked warzones in 1.4?

Will 1.4 kick off Season 1 of ranked warzones?

Will we ever be able to queue with more then 4 into a regular warzone and when?

Will the new warzone, whenever it arrives, be rotated into the ranked warzone queues?

When will be able to queue for the warzones we want? (kinda like the lfg feature)

I have read just about every bit of information I can about upcoming content and changes, especially for PvP. Here are the answers to your questions as far as I'm aware:

1. BW mentioned there weould be XServer in 1.4, but now have retracted that. Atm, there will be no XServer in 1.4.

2. The last bit of info I saw said there will be single-player queuing in RWZs. How this will be done, I have no idea.

3. Yes. Season One RWZs will commence with 1.4, even without XServer queues.

4. Ever? possibly. In 1.4, No.

5. I don't see why the new WZ wouldn't be in the standard WZ queue rotation. BW hasn't specifically said anything about this, but I don't see why one would assume differently given how Novarre Coast was implemented when it was introduced.

6. BW has mentioned possibly implementing a WZ filter of some sort, but I haven't read anything where they stated they are working on it.

My apologies for a lack of links for source, but I've read so many interviews, Q&As, watched so many videos, etc. that I just can't pinpoint the source for some of the stuff I recall. So take my answers for a grain of salt.

Not really sure if those would be my number one question(s?) however...if they allowed you to queue more than 4 for non-ranked I can see the flood of QQing on these forums. They already complain about premades why make it worse.

Yeah me and my guildies managed to get both our 4 man teams into the same non-ranked WZ while we were waiting for ranked to pop. We briefly considered /gquiting at the beginning of the match just to lessen the outrage of the poor team that went against us. It was bad. And I genuinely felt bad for our opponents. Crushing pugs is not a recipe for long term WZ population.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone! I don't have answers to all the questions in the OP and throughout the thread, but I'll keep them coming as I'm able to. Here are a couple I got answers for after talking to Rob Hinkle (Senior PvP Designer).

Ancient Hypergates will be available in the Ranked Warzones queue as soon as it's in-game; no wait for it to get added.

Regarding queuing as an 8-player team for non-ranked Warzones: We won't say "never," but we don't have plans for this right now. We want to try to keep the regular Warzones competitive in their own right, and allowing full pre-mades to potentially match with a full PUG could be problematic. We'd want to avoid situations like that.

For Ranked Warzones and queuing with less than 8 players: This is something we have plans for, but we haven't announced a timeframe for it (it won't be available in 1.4).

About Season 1: Right now, we have a little more work that needs to be done overall before we're ready to officially kick it off, and I can tell you that it won't be launched as part of 1.4. We'll keep you updated! The PvP game won't be neglected - we do have Ancient Hypergates on the way as well as new PvP gear, and we have a lot more in store for you!

Edited by AllisonBerryman

Regarding queuing as an 8-player team for non-ranked Warzones: We won't say "never," but we don't have plans for this right now. We want to try to keep the regular Warzones competitive in their own right, and allowing full pre-mades to potentially match with a full PUG could be problematic. We'd want to avoid situations like that.

For Ranked Warzones and queuing with less than 8 players: This is something we have plans for, but we haven't announced a timeframe for it (it won't be available in 1.4).

I'm assuming your team is looking at 4 man groups to queue for Rateds and not solo? Can you confirm or deny that solo queue'ing will NOT be available for Ranked?

About Season 1: Right now, we have a little more work that needs to be done overall before we're ready to officially kick it off, and I can tell you that it won't be launched as part of 1.4. We'll keep you updated! The PvP game won't be neglected - we do have Ancient Hypergates on the way as well as new PvP gear, and we have a lot more in store for you!

Not even shocked, see ya in December.

So during 1.4 timeframe no solo ranked...:confused::( well well

Also looks like 1.4 will be really light on PvP changes for the better.

And new gear ? the grind we have now is not enough, i dont know but i'm actually

depressed these days when it comes to SWTOR PvP and the unbalanced classes etc.

Bioware please answer these short questions

Will there be cross server queueing in 1.4 for rated warzones?

Will there be single player or non 8man queuing for ranked warzones in 1.4?

Will 1.4 kick off Season 1 of ranked warzones?

Will we ever be able to queue with more then 4 into a regular warzone and when?

Will the new warzone, whenever it arrives, be rotated into the ranked warzone queues?

When will be able to queue for the warzones we want? (kinda like the lfg feature)

Optional: Can we have more specifics on the upcoming Vanguard/Pyrotech nerfs?

If Bioware can answer these questions in a timely manner (doubt it), I think it would help restore some confidence in the pvp community.

Side Question: As it stands ranked pvp queues are lacking on most servers which is making the grind for warhero take forever. Will there be any plans of lowering the cost to gear up now that ranked has been a failure?

You forgot the marauder/sentinel nerfs.

Hey everyone! I don't have answers to all the questions in the OP and throughout the thread, but I'll keep them coming as I'm able to. Here are a couple I got answers for after talking to Rob Hinkle (Senior PvP Designer).

Ancient Hypergates will be available in the Ranked Warzones queue as soon as it's in-game; no wait for it to get added.

Any upcoming class balancing? This is actually affects PvP more than gear or new systems. Instead of asking about nerfs....can I ask if any classes are getting buffed?

Bioware please answer these short questions

Statement: This is the only thing I want to know about. I don't care about what WZ I'm in when grouped with my guild. But when soloing, I'd like to be able to choose what WZ I queue for.

"Optional: Can we have more specifics on the upcoming Vanguard/Pyrotech nerfs?"

Statement: I like how you're asking for this. Because it's ALMOST silly. Vanguard DPS isn't all that powerful anymore. We got our nerf. Powertechs on the other hand... are still really powerful.