Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PvP] Energy/Cell burst and Energy Lodes? Help me with them...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
[PvP] Energy/Cell burst and Energy Lodes? Help me with them...

Glower
06.15.2018 , 07:01 AM | #1
(Advanced prototype/Tactics spec)

I have a strange problem - very often I can not increase my number of charges (Energy Lodes) even if my Rail Shot does not miss.

For example, I can often unload my Rail Shots one by one and still have one charge. Heck, in one arena I unloaded 6-7 Rail Shots into one target with one active charge, i think it was a sorc.

The description says that "Energy Lodes build when Rail Shot is used" so it's should be pretty simple, right? So what am I doing wrong?
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"

Rion_Starkiller
06.15.2018 , 03:34 PM | #2
  • You build Heat Screen/ Energy Lode stacks in Tank spec by shielding attacks.
  • You build stacks of Energy/Cell Burst by using Rail Shot in dps AP / Tactics.

If you're in Pyro / Plasma, that spec doesn't revolve around Rail Shot so much.
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Sejanos / Warpunk
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

AdjeYo
06.16.2018 , 09:47 AM | #3
I want to add that in tank spec you also build stacks whenever your cylinder procs. So you build 1 stack whenever you use rocket punch or railshot, and have a chance to build a stack every time you autoattack.

Glower
06.16.2018 , 01:17 PM | #4
I forgot to add that I'm playing with Advanced prototype/Tactics.
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)

Rion_Starkiller
06.20.2018 , 11:00 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
I forgot to add that I'm playing with Advanced prototype/Tactics.
Oh okay.. Are you sure you're not building stacks? Sometimes the glowy animation at 4 stacks is buggy and isn't visible. And you should still be building stacks regardless of Gut / Retractable Blade being applied to the target.

Can you tell me if you build 4 stacks when you use your class ability for rest & recharge? You should see the glowy on Cell Burst/ Energy Burst.
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

Glower
06.21.2018 , 04:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Oh okay.. Are you sure you're not building stacks? Sometimes the glowy animation at 4 stacks is buggy and isn't visible. And you should still be building stacks regardless of Gut / Retractable Blade being applied to the target.

Can you tell me if you build 4 stacks when you use your class ability for rest & recharge? You should see the glowy on Cell Burst/ Energy Burst.
Ye it works correctly while my char is resting (x4) and overall it works most of the time, im not sure why i cannot built them from time to time. Also im looking at small buff icon (1 2 3 4) but not on toolbar.

Maybe i cannot build them when my Rail Shot is completely absorbed? I can not find another reason, unless it's bugged for me... I need to check it somehow.

Eloi_BG
06.21.2018 , 10:12 AM | #7

For example, I can often unload my Rail Shots one by one and still have one charge. Heck, in one arena I unloaded 6-7 Rail Shots into one target with one active charge, i think it was a sorc.
From this sentence it kinda looks like you're confusing railshot with shoulder canon. I might be wrong, but the wording "unlaod my rail shots one by one" kinda sounds more like shoulder canon. That would explain, since it's a confusion of ability names...
Nemio the Acceptable Player

Glower
06.22.2018 , 10:22 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Eloi_BG View Post
From this sentence it kinda looks like you're confusing railshot with shoulder canon. I might be wrong, but the wording "unlaod my rail shots one by one" kinda sounds more like shoulder canon. That would explain, since it's a confusion of ability names...
Nah man, im not so dumb.
A couple of seconds between Rail Shots is not a big pause... for me at least. So yeah, "one by one".

Eloi_BG
06.22.2018 , 12:23 PM | #9
Nah man, im not so dumb.
A couple of seconds between Rail Shots is not a big pause... for me at least. So yeah, "one by one".
It was a wild guess lol. Well I have never heard of the issue. Is it still happening? Maybe upload a combat log? Kinda hard to help you without it
Nemio the Acceptable Player

Rion_Starkiller
06.22.2018 , 12:42 PM | #10
Ye it works correctly while my char is resting (x4) and overall it works most of the time, im not sure why i cannot built them from time to time. Also im looking at small buff icon (1 2 3 4) but not on toolbar.

Maybe i cannot build them when my Rail Shot is completely absorbed? I can not find another reason, unless it's bugged for me... I need to check it somehow.
Are you missing some rail shots? If you feel you miss too often, you can run an accuracy stim for 104% accuracy (including 1% comp buff).
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Thanks Rion Starbrah.