Broke already because of Skills

Yaiser

So as the title says I have gone broke already from crew skills. The night I got to the Imperial Fleet my Girlfriend decided she wanted to have a conversation. Which is fine

real life interaction is cool, so during the conversation I sat in the Fleet and sent Khem out

to gather (scavenging) and to complete missions (Underworld Trading) I quickly blew threw about 8k credits in about an hour. Should I only spend my credits on sending my companion out on missions? What is an efficient way to level all my skills and gain credits (I don't have slicing)

I don't really like how the GTN works. I wish I could just search for the item I want to sell

to compare pricing on the GTN but I can't seem to figure it out if you can do this.

Oh well, any advise on managing credits while leveling skills would be appreciated.

Thanks.

True story?

I had 200 Mullite (can't remember name -- it's the blue lvl 2 Underworld metal) and I put them up in batches of 5s and 10s for 400 ea (times 5 and 10). These ***** sold faster than I was putting them up. I also had a crap ton of old lvl 1/2 metals & compounds and they were selling fairly well, about 500 for 10 ea. o_o

Also, it's extremely tedious splitting these items up and the AH doesn't remember your prices. WTB Auctioneer.

I haven't tried selling any of the Armors I can make, but I'm sure I can make a few bucks off them.

Well..What I did was only send my companion out to craft OR to do missions. I do all the gathering out in the world while keeping the areas void of life.

I find gathering missions to be a waste considering you can run around and gather them yourself quickly.

I had 200 Mullite (can't remember name -- it's the blue lvl 2 Underworld metal) and I put them up in batches of 5s and 10s for 400 ea (times 5 and 10). These ***** sold faster than I was putting them up. I also had a crap ton of old lvl 1/2 metals & compounds and they were selling fairly well, about 500 for 10 ea. o_o

Also, it's extremely tedious splitting these items up and the AH doesn't remember your prices. WTB Auctioneer.

I haven't tried selling any of the Armors I can make, but I'm sure I can make a few bucks off them.

Ok, good to know.

To be honest, I neglected putting anything on the AH as I just assumed (incorrectly) people were not purchasing mats this early on.

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII

Well..What I did was only send my companion out to craft OR to do missions. I do all the gathering out in the world while keeping the areas void of life.

I find gathering missions to be a waste considering you can run around and gather them yourself quickly.

You can send multiple companions out at a time. I can send 3 of my guys out at a time and keep 1 guy out for questing.

Ok, good to know.

To be honest, I neglected putting anything on the AH as I just assumed (incorrectly) people were not purchasing mats this early on.

I did too because I was unsure of what stuff was too, but I just did it last night and I made some good profits, but I went to bed after and I'm @ work so can't check until I get home. I know I made atleast 40k though. $$$

Edited by ComeAndSee