Free class change for Ops?

Vallowen

Bioware, are you going to be offering free class changes for Operatives?

I dont want to go through all 50 levels again, now that you completely ****ed us in response to all the terrible lvl 12s that whine about getting destroyed.

Thanks.

Bioware, are you going to be offering free class changes for Operatives?

I dont want to go through all 50 levels again, now that you completely ****ed us in response to all the terrible lvl 12s that whine about getting destroyed.

Thanks.

It does NOT cost a lot to respec.

Edited by Romiz

The difference in utility ALONE playing a shadow vs scoundrel is huge. I have both characters and I can control an entire team with my shadow while still putting out some sick burst. I also can spec into kinetics and be a walking death machine.

Scoundrels are a one trick pony... without our trick we are in serious trouble!!

Bioware seems to of gone with a model for pvp off the bat where it's too balanced, as in there isn't much burst, large HP pools, resilience and all that stuff. I think developers should be a little bit more hands off with pvp balance until many months after release where enough people are 50 and enough people know the game well enough to work out how to counter and what they should be doing. It's a very tricky area and it's easy to slip into terrible and boring on one hand and frustrating and imbalanced on the other, so I advise patience as always.

My main is an OP.

In every MMO I've ever played classes are constantly buffed and nerfed for various reasons.

Sometimes it hits your character. Sometimes it hits others.

Your turn, their turn and so on and so on and so on....

Reroll or in this case change AC because of this change and somewhere down the line you'll be hit again.

Such seems to be the nature of these games in their constant search for perfect 'balance.'

The choice is to roll one of every character and play the 'best' (FOTM) when it occurs or just sit back, adjust and enjoy the qq of people celebrating now when it's their turn. ;)

Yeah, in pvp Operative flat out nullifies the need for an assassin.

You will see pro operative and pro assassin people in here going on, but there is no need for a rogue that crits for 4k when you have one that crits for 8k and has more cc.

Bioware seems to of gone with a model for pvp off the bat where it's too balanced, as in there isn't much burst, large HP pools, resilience and all that stuff. I think developers should be a little bit more hands off with pvp balance until many months after release where enough people are 50 and enough people know the game well enough to work out how to counter and what they should be doing. It's a very tricky area and it's easy to slip into terrible and boring on one hand and frustrating and imbalanced on the other, so I advise patience as always.

Large health pools are stupid.

If you think an operative doesnt have high burst you flat out arent play this game.

******** call by Bioware. I knew it was coming, but didn't think they would go all out and stomp the concealment spec out of existence... Nerf the Hidden strike stuff or nerf Acid Blade, but not both.

Now that we have a 50s bracket, I can still do top 1-3 damage in a Warzone, but I have not killed anyone within the knockdown. Don't think it's possible on 50s with any Expertise.

And that is fine by me. I actually recently switched to Leathality, because I was getting bored with the normal Stealther routine. But I'll be honest, outside of PvE, Leathality is an odd tree to play. And if that is the route I'm going to be forced to go, there definitely needs to be something added to the class.

If you make such a drastic nerf, you have to compensate somewhere else. The patch notes were a good/bad thing to see for me. Good because I was starting to get sick of seeing Operatives and Smugglers everywhere I went. I liked when we had a low population.

The bad? Read above:

Adding a quick story to all of this relating to this game being new and people just not understanding other classes they either just plain haven't played or haven't played to a level where the class comes into it's own.

My Buddy is a Juggy and he was doing nothing but ************ and crying everyday in vent about Ops/Smugs, so I took him aside and dueled with him for about 20-30 minutes.

At first I would destroy him and he would swear up a storm, then he finally grasped the mechanics of the Operative and understood what they do, when they do it, and why they do it that way. He hasn't died to an Op/Smug since....

So yes we needed to be toned down...not have an entire tree become useless.

But at the same time as good as people like to think they are with their L33T gaming skillz, alot of it comes down to a simple L2P issue.

The WoWbabies need to grow up and become men. -New Game - New Start- just because crying for nerfs is all you've ever known since your mmo birth, doesn't mean it was the right way to go about handling your lack of skill. You turned WoW into a mess and a wierd easy mode freak show, don't ruin this one too please. Thx!

Edited by JawaJedifivefour