Season 12 rewards

Delani

We all know furious rewards are being dispersed this season as a reward but what about the people who already have furious, they should get something as well. I suggest the original (from launch) battle master armor with the same kind of tuning/ customization furious armor has, or another kind of tuning/ effect.

We all know furious rewards are being dispersed this season as a reward but what about the people who already have furious, they should get something as well. I suggest the original (from launch) battle master armor with the same kind of tuning/ customization furious armor has, or another kind of tuning/ effect.

I dont think that happening anytime soon

The rewards are a reflection of how ranked in this game really is. There is no point to invest more into it. Top flairs are only worn by cheaters and people who simply stand out from the 50 ppl playing.

I am happy about them not investing Dev time into this, there really is no point. If it were up to me i would introduce the longterm pre-season like we had at swtor launch.

If it were up to me i would introduce the longterm pre-season like we had at swtor launch.

I'd be up for any solution like this as well. However the observation I made after 6.0 was that Solo Ranked was popping a lot less frequently during pre-season than after S12 started. Although it's just a 4 digit number (or 3 digit for some :D ) and not THAT many people care a lot about it, people like to have something to play for, and this seems to be enough to motivate many. If it was for an endless season with 0 incentive/reward other than the games itself, Ranked would probably be dead.

I'd be up for any solution like this as well. However the observation I made after 6.0 was that Solo Ranked was popping a lot less frequently during pre-season than after S12 started. Although it's just a 4 digit number (or 3 digit for some :D ) and not THAT many people care a lot about it, people like to have something to play for, and this seems to be enough to motivate many. If it was for an endless season with 0 incentive/reward other than the games itself, Ranked would probably be dead.

Yes, I cannot deny that the que would be much smaller than now. The requirement of the 200 wins etc seems to made people play more now. Yet as it was already mentioned when the few people going for the top spots make these 200 wins the que will be slightly smaller again.

Question is what is better. Even at start with the eternal pre-season we still had many ranked matches. Sometimes its quality over quantity. The servers have merged and there are far more players on a server now than at launch which only favours the situation. I understand the desire to play ranked pvp as its something that is not constant like PVE or even reg PVP where you learn the tricks and keep repeating them.

If it was for an endless season with 0 incentive/reward other than the games itself, Ranked would probably be dead.

It would be dead, but not just because there would be no rewards. I've mentioned this elsewhere: part of what makes ranked fun for those of us that enjoy it is its competitiveness. That competitiveness is partially driven by the elo/rewards at stake. In other words, if there was nothing at stake, like regs, there would be far less competitiveness and far less fun.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

It would be dead, but not just because there would be no rewards. I've mentioned this elsewhere: part of what makes ranked fun for those of us that enjoy it is its competitiveness. That competitiveness is partially driven by the elo/rewards at stake. In other words, if there was nothing at stake, like regs, there would be far less competitiveness and far less fun.

You have a very strange definition of what is competitive....

Regs has no stake, * no competition* in your view, but not sure how and why.. the majority of the PVP playerbase plays regs. It pops 24/7 on Darth Malgus with multiple matches happening in the same time.

How can something that is mostly decided by factors outside of the players influence be considered competitive ? :D

Also, I find it very amusing how some people in this game.. need some irrelevant flairs,ratings to feel competitive. or good;) . But I understand.. I was thinking the same a while ago until I realized how pointless it is.

You have a very strange definition of what is competitive....

Regs has no stake, * no competition* in your view, but not sure how and why.. the majority of the PVP playerbase plays regs. It pops 24/7 on Darth Malgus with multiple matches happening in the same time.

And most people aren't even trying to win those games. They just go in and number farm. Hence, it's not competitive.

How can something that is mostly decided by factors outside of the players influence be considered competitive ? :D

That's a very stupid question. Poker can be extremely competitive, as an example. Diving, gymnastics, and any other sport that relies on judges, the ultimate factor outside of the competitors' influence, can be extremely competitive. Kind of amazing I have to even make these obvious points.

Also, I find it very amusing how some people in this game.. need some irrelevant flairs,ratings to feel competitive. or good;) . But I understand.. I was thinking the same a while ago until I realized how pointless it is.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you find rating and ranked rewards meaningless, then yes, they will not increase your desire to win ranked games. But for many they do. And the more you want to win, the more competitive the game mode will be. I shouldn't have to spell all this out...

honestly, if they care so little about PVP why don't they do an on-line vote (send an in-game email to everybody to vote) and let us decide what to do with it for real

give up the 5/6 option that they can easily implement and just do whatever the "people" will want

this list is just an example they will have to come up with a list easy to implement

a) boost by a lot reward in ranked (after banning people that trade win) and leave everything as is

b) Make Arena Ranked group only - and bring back objective Ranked for solo (maybe lower team to 6 players 3+3)

c) remove ranked and add a decent reward to normal PVP ALL in one line

d) remove ranked and divide PVP into objective (mixed) and arena (group only) two lines

e) remove ranked and divide PVP into 3 lines objective (mixed) arena (solo) arena (group)

Edited by Pekish

Old ranked cosmetics being re-hashed as "new" rewards is just a f*ck off to all of us who earned it legit back in the days. So much for unique rewards, but BW doesn't care. They gotta put up the charade that they're producing s*hit for PvP aswell.

rofl this is a great point! Not a stupid question at all, besides the fact it was a rhetorical question guess that got missed, too.

Edited by Lhancelot

rofl this is a great point! Not a stupid question at all, besides the fact it was a rhetorical question guess that got missed, too.

Most competitive sports, even individual ones, involve many factors outside of the competitors' control. Yet no one makes the claim that those sports aren't competitive, because it's a stupid argument. Notice how neither you nor he have addressed this counter nor have you actually supported your own claim. Good luck trying, because it makes no sense. It's like trying to explain things to 5 years olds on this forum sometimes.

Most competitive sports, even individual ones, involve many factors outside of the competitors' control. Yet no one makes the claim that those sports aren't competitive, because it's a stupid argument. Notice how neither you nor he have addressed this counter nor have you actually supported your own claim. Good luck trying, because it makes no sense. It's like trying to explain things to 5 years olds on this forum sometimes.

some sports are based on how to address the factor outside of competitors control:

sailing for instance you don't control the wind nor the waves.

cycling not only weather wind but on many days run like tour France, there is the variable of your own health or the luck factor and what happens if while you running away you blow a tire you suck it up!

And let's face it those people spend their life preparing and they don't complain nearly as much as people here that at best waste a few hours there is no "real" reward they don't earn money from it