Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This doesn't make sense in Warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
This doesn't make sense in Warzones

SergeantHaartman
02.13.2020 , 12:02 AM | #1
Am I the only one that thinks it doesn't make sense that we are still mixing Republic and Empire in the Warzone queues during the current Onslaught expansion. The two factions are at war again and its time to go back to Empire vs Republic in the Unranked Warzone queues.

merovejec
02.13.2020 , 12:22 AM | #2
Well, you can take PVP as something seperate from the PVE main storyline. That way its fine
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link

TrixxieTriss
02.13.2020 , 01:22 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SergeantHaartman View Post
Am I the only one that thinks it doesn't make sense that we are still mixing Republic and Empire in the Warzone queues during the current Onslaught expansion. The two factions are at war again and its time to go back to Empire vs Republic in the Unranked Warzone queues.
Take away mixed teams and players on the republic side would hardly ever get to pvp. It’s why they introduced it to start with. The story has nothing to do with it.
The change was to stop pvp dying faster than it is.
If that’s too much for you to deal with, then don’t pvp.

mothbanquet
02.13.2020 , 04:39 AM | #4
I used to treasure nightly PvP when playing Pub before cross-faction. Two or three pops an evening really made you appreciate the time you spent in-match. I missed the birth of my first child because Voidstar popped for the first time in two months just as my wife went into labour. Didn't even win. Didn't matter.

Lhancelot
02.13.2020 , 11:39 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by mothbanquet View Post
I used to treasure nightly PvP when playing Pub before cross-faction. Two or three pops an evening really made you appreciate the time you spent in-match. I missed the birth of my first child because Voidstar popped for the first time in two months just as my wife went into labour. Didn't even win. Didn't matter.
lol. I was going to post a sarcastic post, but this post gets the point across better than I ever could. ^

At the OP, who effing cares at this point if imps are vs. pubs in the WZs at this point? When you worry about stuff like this, consider yourself lucky.
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’d still like to know how you find someone’s legacy name if they don’t display it?
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Uh you don't know it because it is a secret knowledge of ranked players who use it to see the real appearance of other players through the force.

Raansu
02.13.2020 , 11:42 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SergeantHaartman View Post
No, just no. Keep the RP away from PvP.

TrixxieTriss
02.13.2020 , 12:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
No, just no. Keep the RP away from PvP.
But sir, your light sabre is red and mine is blue. You must be on the wrong team

Raansu
02.13.2020 , 01:14 PM | #8
But sir, your light sabre is red and mine is blue. You must be on the wrong team
Jokes on you, mines white!

Nemmar
02.13.2020 , 01:57 PM | #9
Take away mixed teams and players on the republic side would hardly ever get to pvp. It’s why they introduced it to start with. The story has nothing to do with it.
The change was to stop pvp dying faster than it is.
If that’s too much for you to deal with, then don’t pvp.
You got it backwards. Empire players would be the one with long queues. Republic ones would be near instant, cause presumably the empire population is bigger.

But otherwise, yeah. Not only on PvP imo, but in any instanced group content, faction split makes no sense. Gameplay > Sense of lore. Lore should stay on your personal instances and dailies/questing. Group content should be open to all. We aren't doing it for the " lore" we are doing for gameplay and rewards.

Raansu
02.13.2020 , 02:26 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
You got it backwards. Empire players would be the one with long queues. Republic ones would be near instant, cause presumably the empire population is bigger.

But otherwise, yeah. Not only on PvP imo, but in any instanced group content, faction split makes no sense. Gameplay > Sense of lore. Lore should stay on your personal instances and dailies/questing. Group content should be open to all. We aren't doing it for the " lore" we are doing for gameplay and rewards.
No, because same faction WZ's were a thing. Before cross faction it was mostly Imp vs Imp matches. Only pubs really ever got a proper imp vs pub WZ's. So imps got frequent pops, pubs got very few.