Alderaan Stronghold -- What Are Your Plans?

Xina_LA

For those of you who will be buying the new Alderaan stronghold...

What are your plans for decorating it?

What stronghold label will you use?

What theme are you going for?

Will it be accessible to Republic, Empire, or both?

I'd love to see screenshots as you go. Please share!

Mention your stronghold name and server if you'd like visitors to stop by and see your new digs.

Edited by Xina_LA

Depends:

If we can get it for a guild stronghold (more than one stronghold please) probably will be Republic based as that is the one we are looking at it for.

Personal:

Maybe a vacation retreat, more likely Republic as I play more on Republic and I am not the type to mix Republic and Empire in a stronghold. (My personal opinion)

For those of you who will be buying the new Alderaan stronghold...

I'd love to see screenshots as you go. Please share!

Mention your stronghold name and server if you'd like visitors to stop by and see your new digs.

Whether or not I purchase depends on changes. If none … and just bugs fixed... I seriously doubt it. I'll just wait another three years and see if a space station or ski chalet come available.

No disrespect intended: I only have so many credits / coins available so I pick and choose my favorites to enjoy. When I get a new SH I do kinda get carried away decorating.

That said: I know that many are looking forward to the release of this one … sooo I do hope for everyone the best.

Unless there are some significant changes, I can't see Alderaan replacing Tatooine as my main stronghold. So, my plans for decorating are sort of random. I plan to make a Spa in the northern retreat, and a party room in the Throne room. Other than that, I might move my mount/pet collection to Alderaan. But I suspect it will mostly lie dormant.

If I transfer my mount/pet collection there, or actually use it as a main SH, it would be publicly listed for both.

Front Lawn - Starship storage / Defense / Misc.

Cave - Flower & plant garden

Main Palace Area - Recreation / Sitting Area

Drawing - Utility / storage

Guest - Training

Study - Lab

Throne - Trophy

Balcony - Either more trophies or an observation lounge

Back Lawn - Defense / Outdoor activity / Misc.

Ruins - Memorial

Bedroom 1 - Bedroom

Bedroom 2 - Force Enclave

Random Lodging room - Lounge

Edited by vanluina

A few surprises, no extra floor though :(

And please raise the hook count

There were MANY requests during PTS concerning the additional floor... as well as other REALLY good suggestions.

I'm guessing that most (if not all) suggestions, feed back and requests were ignored …. again!

***sigh***

You know that really makes it hard to walk away from this sort of a situation without at least asking the question:

" Why bother ? "

I know … I just made some serious enemies !!

I'm planning on making a personal fortress for my main character, I've already decorated some of it but some rooms and the outskirts will need more decorations as well as me having an idea as to what I should do with them. For example I don't really know what to do with the guest room or the main hall.

Unless there are some significant changes, I can't see Alderaan replacing Tatooine as my main stronghold. So, my plans for decorating are sort of random. I plan to make a Spa in the northern retreat, and a party room in the Throne room.

Update:

Now that the Alderaan SH has arrived and I've bought it and unlocked all the rooms, I'm just sort of "meh" about it. There's nothing about it that "grabs" me.

It's actually too big. It takes even longer than Tatooine to get around, even on a speeder.

The spawn points don't seem to work, so I always zone in way out in the boonies, across the bridge.

None of the rooms can be realistically set up as a bedroom. They're too large and have poor hook placement (for beds, lamps, etc). The closest you can come is some sort of multi-guest room.

Winter 🥶

The main entrance hall is nice looking with the stained glass window, but it's too large and featureless. I'll bet most people just end up piling up a lot of junk there, just to fill it up.

And, to top it all off, I was placing trophies on the walls of the hallway to the Throne Room, but I changed my mind and decided to remove them all. But, of course, when I did that, it also picked up all the decos I had placed in the Throne Room, so I'd have to do that over again. But I don't have the urge to bother.

The only part I like so far is the Spa I partially set up in the Retreat.

And, when I think about moving my pet/mount collection from Yavin 4 to Alderaan, that seems like too much bother as well.

So, oh well, more wasted credits, and another dead Stronghold. 😏

It's nice that BW granted player's wishes for an Alderaan Stronghold, but next we'd like a "liveable" one. 😍

Edited by JediQuaker

i finished it yesterday i did my imp stuff in back area and pub stuff up front, the cave i kinda just toss harvestables. both areas are military themed with the sith stuff in both bedrooms. the throne room is just that, off the throne room back right is a cantina, front right a comms area, back left jedi front left medbay.

I purchased the Alderaan Stronghold for my one Jedi (Myr-el) whose backstory is that she's actually from Alderaan - a minor noble family within House Alde. As such, I plan on decorating the stronghold mostly in traditional Alderaanian decor. I'll of course use decorations from various themes if they'll add to the ambiance and help complete the overall feel in good taste. Republic and Jedi decorations will make up the bulk of those, as well as many creatures from throughout the galaxy. Some of the crops and farming decorations may appear as well.

I don't like to mix distinctly Republic & Imperial decor as a general rule. The only exception to that is my Yavin SH. However, since Mandalorians have a special niche in Myr-el's story, I may include an out-of-the-way corner that contains a small Mando encampment.

I'll post screenshots once I've completed rooms, and I hope to see others' work as well!