What server should I go to next?

tommmsunb

My criteria are pretty simple

1) I don't have a character there already. (TEH/Shadowlands/Bastion/Progenitor)

2) The faction I join must be seriously behind the one I'll be fighting.

3) Pops must be somewhat frequent. I'm a patient guy so one every 15 minutes doesn't hurt. Don't need to have 2 matches going at a time.

I've been to Harbinger for a few weeks and I'm originally from Jung Ma.

Right now I'm thinking jedi covenant because I've never been there. How is harbinger doing? And what other european servers are worth checking out?

Edited by tommmsunb

Red Eclipse - Imperial side is underpowered, however 2-3 good pilots can turn the tide. Pops are better than Progenitor...

By the way, did you fly on Progenitor yesterday along with Dracolich? If so, you managed to seriously discourage Imp team... :p

(not that I mind, one of better matches I had :) ).

Edited by Bolo_Yeung

T3-M4 (EU, german) has relatively frequent queue pops lately (may be related to holidays) and Imperium is far behind most of the time (edit: may also be related to holidays, lots of new pilots flying). Edited by Danalon

I vote for you making a semi-permanent home in The Shadowlands. It was nice havin ya around.

I like this idea of being a mercenary for hire to help the failing side take down the big bad unbeatable premades. I'd also be willing to throw my hat in the ring to help out. So what side is losing really really bad all the time? I have a feeling nothing was as bad as Shadowlands IMP except Bastion Drak/Verain crew -- but it sounds like they tried to even the teams out by switching between pub and imp as necessary.

Edited by RickDagles

As for T3-M4, as somebody who probably knows 10 words of german would it be a problem on T3-M4?

I don't think so. At least when your concerns are about gsf-matches only. Communication is almost none existent despite a few words at the beginning. Something like:

"<-- Bomber A" or sometimes: "<- Speedbuff"

The rest are the usual jewels of tactical advice like: "Don't fly into their gunship/bombercloud alone" or some trolls flaming around.

After a few rounds, you will get the picture.

You won't get the rest of the serverlife, though, but if I understand you correctly, you are only interested in flying there, right?

If you want to know, wether you could give advice during the match, I'd say that most of the german players do speak a descent amount of english. You might get a few hints like: "Talk German plz. This is a german server!" But you can just ignore those.

Red eclipse has an unbelievable GSF population but I didn't find any premades to fight for really hard challenges.

Jedi Covenant was really fun cause there are a bunch of solo Q heros there, sometimes you end up fighting a pile of good players.

Those would be my two suggestions.

Might be a good idea to specify what times you're looking to play tommmsunb. That can have a huge influence on relative faction balance.

Don't know if anyone else would agree with me, but I think that seeing Rumina on the loading screen on JM every now and then would be nifty. Pop by and visit once in a while.

Jedi Cov is somewhat fun. But the factions are balanced. Bad-ness everywhere. Sometime a few pilots pop out and dominate the queue when they are on (Keenz, Nyghty, Zucky, me, and a few others). Only one that would be interesting for you is Keenz, the almighty battlescout with no skill whatsover in any other ship.

Time of day on Harbinger determines which side is dominating. During the day/evening when Despair is queuing Imps are in control. Early morning (2am-5am) when most of the USA is sleeping the Aussies make the Pubs dominate. The upside to Harbinger is q's 24/7 all the time, huge server population makes que's very good.

Jedi Covenant seems to be actually pretty well balanced now. This is my original home server and in the beginning the Pubs roll stomped the Imps really badly. I don't have any mastered ships here anymore so the competition seems really good to me but I can't really say which side is the underdog. Haven't played enough here lately to comment. Too much playing on Bastion and Harbinger now a days lol.

I would also like to branch out to a few new servers so I will keep checking this thread for suggestions ;)!

Red eclipse has an unbelievable GSF population but I didn't find any premades to fight for really hard challenges.

Yes, we are often individualists, group yes, but really all just want. Or not, then you can meet directly on the map. Very little VOIP Premades, a wonderful server. :D

Edit: It is also clear why this is so on TRE. TRE is a European server because all who do not have their own language version meet. And of course English People. And all who were deeply annoyed by their national servers, like me.

Although English is the everyday language of TRE, but the language skills of most (including me) are not so good that voice communication would be possible, usually it is just enough for the chat.

Edited by Magira

Going to keep flying on Shadowlands much?

I just started playing GSF after a month of not queuing and it was nice to see an ace Republic side and not just all queuing together Imp side.

For whatever reason I like being everywhere. I have the time to grind a character from stock to mastered right now and I won't soon but being able to drop into whatever server I feel like at a later date sounds like a good time to me.

Edited by tommmsunb

I've been thinking about it, but there's just so few people there now. How frequent are pops?

From about 9 - 11:30 pm there's usually a match going on, and the time between matches is typically short. Other times I'm rarely on, so I can't really speak to, though I assume that it's better from 5-9 pm, and worse most other times, except possibly on weekends.

In terms of time till first pop for solo queue in the late evening it's been pretty similar to Bastion the past 3 weeks or so. Once you're sort of 'in phase' with the matches the next match usually pops in 1-3 min, unless the matchmaker bumps you and you wind up skipping a game. Group queuing is pretty effective if you want to get into pretty much every game and avoid getting bumped by the matchmaking system.

The real issue is that so many of JM's top pilots are either raiding or GSFing on other servers that there's not much in the way of competition right now. If we threw a Jung Ma Homecoming event that actually got the good pilots that originated on JM all flying at the same time, it'd be pretty nice, and easily as competitive as any other server.

From about 9 - 11:30 pm there's usually a match going on, and the time between matches is typically short. Other times I'm rarely on, so I can't really speak to, though I assume that it's better from 5-9 pm, and worse most other times, except possibly on weekends.

In terms of time till first pop for solo queue in the late evening it's been pretty similar to Bastion the past 3 weeks or so. Once you're sort of 'in phase' with the matches the next match usually pops in 1-3 min, unless the matchmaker bumps you and you wind up skipping a game. Group queuing is pretty effective if you want to get into pretty much every game and avoid getting bumped by the matchmaking system.

The real issue is that so many of JM's top pilots are either raiding or GSFing on other servers that there's not much in the way of competition right now. If we threw a Jung Ma Homecoming event that actually got the good pilots that originated on JM all flying at the same time, it'd be pretty nice, and easily as competitive as any other server.

I just got a pop at 12:30 PM which is a good enough sign to me that I can fly there again.

3) Pops must be somewhat frequent. I'm a patient guy so one every 15 minutes doesn't hurt. Don't need to have 2 matches going at a time.

I've been to Harbinger for a few weeks and I'm originally from Jung Ma.

Right now I'm thinking jedi covenant because I've never been there. How is harbinger doing? And what other european servers are worth checking out?

On The Harbinger the only dominant entity in GSF would be the imperial guild Despair. They claim that their gunship walls are unbreakable.

Figured I'd go ahead and just comment on JC.

If you're looking to get into 1 faction, and to make sure that whichever faction you choose is underpowered, then JC probably isn't the place for you. There are times it feels imbalanced, but it really is kind of who you run into in any given match. I THINK that the pub player pool is larger, and has more new players which dilutes the field for them a bit, but I have no data to back that up, just feel. I seem to swap more to pub for balance reasons than imp.

JC has an interesting meta, but as Drak said, there's a lot of... I guess hero ball? Not a lot of premades, although I've seen pubs in the GSF channel whine about premades on imp side, but it's just that a bunch of good pilots happen to run into each other.

Anyway, just food for thought. While I'd love to fly against you out there in the effort to get better, JC may well not be what you're looking for if you want to try to help carry a faction.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd recommend POT5, my server & the original home of Black Squadron. Pops are pretty frequent during prime time...there are usually 1 or 2 matches going on. After that you might find one match at a time till about 1am or so. IMP side is usually on the losing side of things.

PS: Remember to /cjoin Pilot when on POT5.

Edited by Lecto

I'd recommend POT5, my server & the original home of Black Squadron. Pops are pretty frequent during prime time...there are usually 1 or 2 matches going on. After that you might find one match at a time till about 1am or so. IMP side is usually on the losing side of things.

PS: Remember to /cjoin Pilot when on POT5.

A while back, Tom, Scrab, Pylan, and myself all went to pot5 and wrecked the server in stock ships (vs imps as we were pubs) and never even reaches he'd level 10 before vowing to not return under these conditions. This was at least 4 months ago though - are you saying that competition AS WELL AS queue times have improved?

Edited by SammyGStatus

A while back, Tom, Scrab, Pylan, and myself all went to pot5 and wrecked the server in stock ships (vs imps as we were pubs) and never even reaches he'd level 10 before vowing to not return under these conditions. This was at least 4 months ago though - are you saying that competition AS WELL AS queue times have improved?

Well as far as I can tell just from that post... you need to roll on the other side... Imps are losing just adding more good pubs isnt going to make good competition :p.

Well as far as I can tell just from that post... you need to roll on the other side... Imps are losing just adding more good pubs isnt going to make good competition :p.

Ya know, that's actually a very insightful way of thinking. Huh. Thanks haha

Edited by SammyGStatus

Harbinger could really use a few aces on Pub side. Pubs still have an advantage in PUG vs PUG, but the vast majority of the Pub aces have disappeared, and when Despair's Imp premades are around, Pubs just get stomped.

When those guys show up, I can still usually get in the double digit kills, but the rest of my team is usually sitting between 0 and 3 kills. There used to be enough other Pub aces that, if we got put in a match together, we could at least hold our own against the Imp premades, but that hasn't happened since 3.0 launched.

I am honestly afraid of what this is going to do to the queues on Harbinger, since sometimes the slaughter just goes on for hours on end. I've seen them roll out the full gunship/bomber ball against a teams of 2 vets and 6 newbs, and the final score ends up 50-12 or something, where I manage 10 kills and the rest of my team combined gets 2. New pilots just aren't going to stick around in that kind of situation, and I hope something changes.

tl;dr - Harbinger could really use a few aces Pub side capable of standing up to Imp premades.