Holding Left-Click and Right-Click Mouse Buttons

kusajishii

Yeah, and its already in there: try pressing the 'W' button.

Smart, eh?

Alright, what you probably meant was toggle autorun. It's in the Preferences>Key Bindings> Movement. Bind something of your choosing.

In both cases you still have to press RMB to turn. Sucks, I know.

Edited by Wrzaskun

Yeah, and its already in there: try pressing the 'W' button.

I don't really want to use 'W' to move forward. I keybind my abilities, and I want to free up as many keyboard buttons as I can. For example 'W' is used as a keybinded ability instead of moving forward.

So now I move forward by holding LMB and RMB. But this gets very tiring for me over a long time. I plan on buying a new mouse with a side thumb button. So is there really no way to remap the thumb button to move forward and steer at the same time?

If this is not possible, maybe I need to remap the thumb button to auto-run and get used to that.

Depending on how many buttons your mouse has, bind one of them to autorun. I have a several additional buttons on my mouse and since autorun is so far from all the other keys I use, I used the secondary bind to a thumb button. I could bind one of the thumb buttons as secondary for run and another for autorun I suppose.

I always remap auto-run to the center mouse wheel (click) and steer with simply holding down right mouse button and dragging mouse in direction of the desired turn. the arrow buttons also work for movement by default, but have much slower turning speed than mouse turning, which is based on how fast you can swipe your mouse!

I always remap auto-run to the center mouse wheel (click) and steer with simply holding down right mouse button and dragging mouse in direction of the desired turn. the arrow buttons also work for movement by default, but have much slower turning speed than mouse turning, which is based on how fast you can swipe your mouse!

I do something similar. I use a G700 mouse, and have mapped the button that's "forward" in my browser to be "autorun". "Back" is "move backwards". The scroll wheel tips left and right as well, and that's mapped to Strafe.

I think most mice these days have a driver which can map any of the mouse buttons to a keystroke, so you could easily set your SWTOR controls such that "forward" is <Ctrl-Ins> (or any arbitrary keycombo), then set your mouse driver to generate <Ctrl-Ins> when you press any given button. Be very wary about remapping the main buttons though. They have effects when not in the game field (so when you're interacting with dialog boxes, the toolbars and such) and jiggering with them might interfere with other functions.

One more thing to be wary of is that remapping movement keys might not be very helpful in space missions. It's possible to skid left, right, up and down using the keys for turns and forward and back, and this means you don't have to fly towards your target, and makes avoiding incoming fire much more doable. If you remap the movement keys, they might not be handily available for space missions. I use "turn left" and "turn right" so rarely that they're mapped to shift-arrowkeys, and strafe and forward/back are the unmodified arrow keys. I don't get to use key movement much in space missions.

Depending on how many buttons your mouse has, bind one of them to autorun. I have a several additional buttons on my mouse and since autorun is so far from all the other keys I use, I used the secondary bind to a thumb button. I could bind one of the thumb buttons as secondary for run and another for autorun I suppose.

I do this as well. My autorun is bound to the mouse button by my thumb. So I thumb-click it on and off to move, and hold down the right mouse button to turn.