Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Tab" targeting. A nightmare.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
"Tab" targeting. A nightmare.

Vid-szhite
05.31.2012 , 09:48 PM | #811
Quote: Originally Posted by DuriZap View Post
Target center screen is an absolutely must to set up on your key bindings untill they fix this. It takes away a great deal of the pain.
Target Center Screen is woefully insufficient because it targets both enemy and friendly, and if you get the wrong guy, it doesn't change targets unless you wobble the center of your screen around. No matter what option you pick, you're fighting the game, not the players.

Achyllis
05.31.2012 , 10:57 PM | #812
/signed. This is truly awful.
The Harbinger server
Sneakey - Scoundrel healer, refugee from Bloodfin in SWG

Stories completed: Operative, Sorcerer, Scoundrel, Mercenary, Juggernaut, Trooper

Shadyvoid
05.31.2012 , 11:16 PM | #813
Agreed. Tab targeting as it stands is horrible

nerfAvari
05.31.2012 , 11:37 PM | #814
not gona read all these pages here to see if this was mentioned but I will add what I hate the most about tab targeting.
Being on the main level in huttbal and trying to target the only guy on my screen uptop..is a nightmare
also
Being on the top ramps in huttball and hitting tab and leap to the only guy in the endzone who is the ONLY ENEMY on my screen, only to be leaping to joe shmoe down in the pit is maddening
Avari

DarthRaika
06.01.2012 , 01:21 AM | #815
What is funny to me is that games in the near 2000 era had tab targetting down, however recent games have used retarded wombats to program their tab targetting systems.

randalthorr
06.01.2012 , 01:49 AM | #816
my vote for this thread
“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Australia

JoeOrno
06.01.2012 , 03:06 AM | #817
Quote: Originally Posted by HBninjaX View Post
signed

interestingly enough Warhammer suffered from the very same problem
I dont think Warhammer was anywheres near as bad as this though..generally in Warhammer I had my target dead on in 2-3 passes.

in ToR I have actually had to resort to CLICKING the person...its horrendous!
Terentateks? Joe Orno soloed eighteen Terentateks with one hand tied behind his back...And he said " Ooorah!" each time one hit the dust!
(〓█:\\\██δ▀██[Ξ][Pain is weakness leaving the body U.S.M.C

besbin
06.01.2012 , 03:18 AM | #818
Yes the tab targetting is awful. I played WAR and never felt like this about it. Say what you want about wow, their system was smooth as silk. In this game I feel it is actually going out of its way to select the wrong target. Absolutely infuriating in crunch moments. The only saving grace is that it is the same for everyone.

Of all the things in the game it is this and the wall of red spam constantly on my screen that annoys me the most.

Verill
06.06.2012 , 11:50 PM | #819
Bump. Because a dev actually asked what could be improved with tab targeting in the PTS forum.

I think that the suggestions in the OP is exactly what is needed.
Verill - Sentinel - Coral - TOFN

alexzk
06.12.2012 , 12:04 AM | #820
i had to use search before post, but:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...ight=targeting