Over Powered Hybrid Builds

modulate

Powertech tanks that dps as high as any dps.

Assassin tanks that dps as high as any dps.

Juggernaut tanks that dps as high as any dps.

Let's leave sorc hybrids out of the equation. They aren't viable or anything.

Out of those three, only the Assassin hybrid is actually good for much of anything, VG hybrid got its DPS gutted a couple patches back, and Jugg hybrid hasn't been viable since like 2.0.

Sage hybrid however....

Edited by Zoom_VI

Assassin pure tank is no really good for PvP, since a lot of skills (the top level ones) are basically designed around PvE Mechanics that won' really work in the dynamics of PVP. So basically every sane assassin run some kind of hybrid when tanking. Death Field for interrupting caps from range as a node guard is a bit more useful than wither. But yeah lots AoE so high damage numbers, but not so much burst.

The smash hybrid on sorcs and sages actually is just too good to be true and a lot easier to play than both pure madness or pure lightning, but that is basically since 2.0.

Yah they're not viable for arenas especially http://i.imgur.com/rRI0rJV.jpg

I don't think our hybrid is a problem, it's all DPS. My only beef is with hybrids that can out tank and out DPS at the same time or out heal and out DPS at the same time.

If you're a healer you're a healer, if you're a tank you're a tank, of you're a DPS you're a DPS. When you can be the best of 2 of those at the same time it screws with the team building system.

I'm fine with some pocket heals or a DPS Vanguard throwing a few taunts but the numbers are always small. A hybrid sorc should not be able to out heal a healer commando while out damaging a DPS commando.

I don't think our hybrid is a problem, it's all DPS. My only beef is with hybrids that can out tank and out DPS at the same time or out heal and out DPS at the same time.

If you're a healer you're a healer, if you're a tank you're a tank, of you're a DPS you're a DPS. When you can be the best of 2 of those at the same time it screws with the team building system.

I'm fine with some pocket heals or a DPS Vanguard throwing a few taunts but the numbers are always small. A hybrid sorc should not be able to out heal a healer commando while out damaging a DPS commando.

It must be a really bad commando in that case

I seriously do not get the butthurt people feel over hybrid builds... "The icon says DPS, but they can guard too, zomg the system is broken..." A lot of the 36th points in trees just aren't worth it to commit the unnecessary other points in said tree you'd rather put somewhere else...

"Yeah but healers heal and tanks guard, when healers do damage you're breaking my meta..." Stop it...

Well I'm using the phrase "tank" in this sense not to describe pure tanks, but as the thread is discussing it's actually hybrid tank/dps. In truth they are more dps than tank, but in PvP they are pretty much as good as pure tanks. Maybe they couldn't tank some hard mode PvE content with their build, but they are damn hard to kill and put out very high dps. They are almost a sure fired win against a pure dps or pure tank as long as they have access to most of their defensives.

To me these classes have both tremendous survivability and dps that rivals all but the highest pure dps classes.

I haven't noticed the hybrid sorcerer healer/dps personally, but I don't think they have caught on yet on my server.

I seriously do not get the butthurt people feel over hybrid builds... "The icon says DPS, but they can guard too, zomg the system is broken..." A lot of the 36th points in trees just aren't worth it to commit the unnecessary other points in said tree you'd rather put somewhere else...

"Yeah but healers heal and tanks guard, when healers do damage you're breaking my meta..." Stop it...

Well in PvP there are less and less reasons to be pure tanks.

People complain about the homogenization of PvP in this game, but self-homogenization is just as bad, meaning if everyone is forced to play a limited number of builds then isn't that the same thing?

They should make it more worth it to get that top ability, that would fix a lot of things.

To me these classes have both tremendous survivability and dps that rivals all but the highest pure dps classes.

I haven't noticed the hybrid sorcerer healer/dps personally, but I don't think they have caught on yet on my server.

A (real) tank spec assassin rivalling "pure DPS classes"? Come on!

They hit harder than a wet noodle but the only "highest pure DPS classes" damage they do is due to their tank stance allowing mild AoE damage that over time shows big fluff numbers. They can get some spikes some times but that goes both ways: better DPS than average tank, worse mitigation than average tank.

Edited by Vaerah

People complain about the homogenization of PvP in this game, but self-homogenization is just as bad, meaning if everyone is forced to play a limited number of builds then isn't that the same thing?

Yes, and that people are not aware of that shows how stupid people are, cynically put.

I think that's a Shadow, actually, not a Sage ... Or am I mixing the symbols again ?

Rofl.... Why did you even post? Look at it again, look at the scoreboard, look at the character frame, look at who posted it. You don't have to be Nancy Drew to figure this out.

Out of those three, only the Assassin hybrid is actually good for much of anything, VG hybrid got its DPS gutted a couple patches back, and Jugg hybrid hasn't been viable since like 2.0.

Sage hybrid however....

Actually they're all good for screwing up the match making in yolo queue.