Any word on all this d/c nonsense?

ariasfel

I've already submitted my trace, but I was wondering if anything has been done yet or even planned? It's been impossible to complete my pvp dailies today. I d/c right before the end and thus get no credit after nearly 10 minutes of effort. It's been pretty frustrating and I haven't even begun Season 2 yet as a result. I don't want to tank my rating because of d/c's.

What disconnects?

Yeah.... what disconnects? And more info would be helpful..because honestly I've not seen a DC in quite a while in SWTOR. What server, What geographical location of the player, what time of day, etc. etc. It can be localized causes for a wide range of reasons.... so how do we know this is not localized rather then pervasive???

I'm not saying some people are not having issues.. just that it's unclear to me how wide spread it is. I don't know anyone in game that is currently having DC issues.

Edited by Andryah

Yeah.... what disconnects? And more info would be helpful..because honestly I've not seen a DC in quite a while in SWTOR. What server, What geographical location of the player, what time of day, etc. etc.

These Disconnects, I believe.

According to the thread the guy is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, plays on Prophecy of the Five and uses Time Warner cable (my condolences).

plays on Prophecy of the Five and uses Time Warner cable (my condolences).

Think we found your problem. TWC is likely getting hit by DDOS, and causing the DCs. Since SWTOR uses some serious bandwidth, you are likely getting throttled or timed out by the ISP.

Yeah.. but see.. that thread has a fairly small post count, from various locations, and nothing in several days. Nor is the Customer Support forum over-run with DC threads.

I saw that didn't think anything of it, but in the past two days I've been getting disconnect after disconnect. The only thing constant between the disconnects is that they only ever occur when I'm in a pvp instance (warzone) Haven't disconnect once in any other location

I saw that didn't think anything of it, but in the past two days I've been getting disconnect after disconnect. The only thing constant between the disconnects is that they only ever occur when I'm in a pvp instance (warzone) Haven't disconnect once in any other location

Yeah... so if it is a location specific DC in the game for you, it's important to give them the details up in the CS forum. That way, if it is some sort of bug on the code side of the game, they have facts to use to isolate.

But really, DC are troublesome as they can be due to many causes (many of which have nothing to do with the MMO company).

Edited by Andryah