I'm thinking of "cheating"

hunterraaze

My original intent, was to level one of every class to experience their class story, and play style. My plan was to select one healer, one tank, and one DPS, and use them endgame based on the styles I liked. Problem is, it's taking me forever, and I really want to start enjoying elder game. I have also decided, I hate healing, it is the most boring thing I have ever done in a video game. I also found out, I LOVE tanking. A few days ago, I got my Juggernaut to 50, and had a blast the entire time. Tanking, is what interests me now. DPS, has gotten stale, have a 50 Merc, and 43 sniper, it's not as bad as healing, just getting stale (although, I will keep playing my Merc, as he holds a special place being my first character). So now, I just really want to experience the story's, and focus on elder game. My plan, using the PTS, and using the boost to level 55, and then play through the story of each class. This way I wont have to do any side missions, and can just focus on the story's. I'm kind of hoping someone will talk me out of this, as I see quite alot of downfalls with this. Does this sound like a good idea? Bad? I of course, am going to finish leveling my PT Tank, and Shadow tank, and probably my Vanguard, but do the rest on the PTS boost. Thoughts?

Not really a cheat, but i`d do it on live anyways. Everything you`ll do on pts will be gone. So leveling on live will give you legacy perks like the class buffs. Something you might want to have anyways, so you have to lvl alts on live.

Also, you might buy experience booster and unluck expereince boost in legacy, that way, you wont have to do much than your classtory, esprecially wenn rested.

Also while leveling, you can train crew skills, more alts with crew skills is allways good for you.

Further, you may look for intresting planet quest you havent seen before. My personal highlight is an areaquest on balmorra which includes a hard to solve puzzle, lots of fun. Didnt discover it until my third alt. Im really not a story guy, mainly ill do pvp, but anyway id say its worth to level traditionally and give every quest a look, there are some beautys

I had actually planned to do the same thing (PTS boost), at least on the classes I know I'm probably never going to finish otherwise (Consular, Smuggler, etc). Only issue is, if you want to do the romance arcs & comp quests, I think you still need to earn affection? (correct me if I'm wrong guys)

I had actually planned to do the same thing (PTS boost), at least on the classes I know I'm probably never going to finish otherwise (Consular, Smuggler, etc). Only issue is, if you want to do the romance arcs & comp quests, I think you still need to earn affection? (correct me if I'm wrong guys)

you need affection yes,but just take something like treasure hunting and use the boost to get it to 450 to get the gifts you need.

If story is the only reason you want to play those classes, then go for it.

I personally wont because I like to keep my characters beyond PTS, expand on my legacy, and learn the class as I level. For me, half the fun comes from the story and the other half comes from combat, loot, etc. But if story is all you care about, then why not?

I wouldn't be able to do it. If my character were sent on a very dangerous mission, it would pretty much smash my suspension of disbelief into pieces when I one-shot that elite Jedi Warrior with a small knife on my Operative. :p

lol it gets like that anyway when you're at a high legacy lvl and especially with high presence. most of my toons except for the first one was doing dailies on illum and belsavis at lvl 47 without problems. I'd get funny tells asking me what i'm doing lol

I have 9 Chars at lvl 50. One of each class and a second smuggler (to have a stealth class on Rep as well).

Here is how i have done it:

Played till lvl 16 with some legacy exp boosts, then sat several kids (cousins, neighbourhoof, etc pp)in front of my computer while i had better things to do and let them play the spacecombat a few hours.

Then with 3-5 levels more i played the classmissions to gain some exp out of it. This way i got lvl 50 on 5 Chars within 3 months without playing more then the classmission =)

I only played one impchar regularly (to see all the other missions).

The sad point is, the kids arent "good" enough for the HM Spacemissions, and its way to expensive to buy the new gear for all chars. =)

Edited by Eshmael

I have 9 Chars at lvl 50. One of each class and a second smuggler (to have a stealth class on Rep as well).

Here is how i have done it:

Played till lvl 16 with some legacy exp boosts, then sat several kids (cousins, neighbourhoof, etc pp)in front of my computer while i had better things to do and let them play the spacecombat a few hours.

Then with 3-5 levels more i played the classmissions to gain some exp out of it. This way i got lvl 50 on 5 Chars within 3 months without playing more then the classmission =)

I only played one impchar regularly (to see all the other missions).

The sad point is, the kids arent "good" enough for the HM Spacemissions, and its way to expensive to buy the new gear for all chars. =)

Holy ****. Lol. Did you pay them?

I'm sorry to post steal, but what is this PTS boost? I know about the pts, but what's this boost to 55? Is it a way to level to 55 automatically? If it is, how can you do that? It's because I wanna try the endgame skills and armor before I get too far in my live characters

Thank you

How does this work? i have a level 43 jug

Download PTS version of SWTOR. Use swtor.com account tools to copy over 1 or more toons. Visit Imp or Pub fleets on PTS with your copied character. Go to Supplies area on fleet, where you get all the Tionese gear and such, and look for a new console. Touch console and get boosted to level 55. Receive lots of tokens and comms. Go buy Elite Gear. Touch console again for more comms, since a full set of gear costs more comms than you can carry at once.

As a level 55, you can then burn through your class quests and stomp all bosses.

Edited by MediumD

Download PTS version of SWTOR. Use swtor.com account tools to copy over 1 or more toons. Visit Imp or Pub fleets on PTS with your copied character. Go to Supplies area on fleet, where you get all the Tionese gear and such, and look for a new console. Touch console and get boosted to level 55. Receive lots of tokens and comms. Go buy Elite Gear. Touch console again for more comms, since a full set of gear costs more comms than you can carry at once.

As a level 55, you can then burn through your class quests and stomp all bosses.

After this, can i go back to my regular server with everything?