EV HM Pillar Puzzle Fight

Our team repeatedly wiped last night on this boss fight. Its easy enough until, about the time we get to the 3rd pillar, 4 or more Aklays appear simultaneously. I did a forum search trying to determine if this is a bug, but all I've come up with was a thread saying that this issue isn't a bug but rather the boss fight's enrage and we need to complete the puzzle faster. The trouble is that we were completeing the puzzle as quickly as the hm debuff allowed.

Has anyone else encountered this? Since we never ecountered 2 aklays (typical of the fight) but rather 1 and then the swarm, my gut says this is a bug since even after watching a couple youtube vids I didn't see any example of what happened to us. Still, even after resetting the flashpoint the aklay swarm persisted.

Any help would be appreciated!

Yes, exactly.

The mechanic changes quite much in Hard-Mode, as you have swap the clicker in your group after every single click.

We do it the order the members are in the group - the last clicker always says the name of the next clicker = we use 4 clickers per side and had no problems (except some bug occurences when the 3rd pylon is not clickable).

The debuff is only for the person who clicked it. So you need 2 or 3 player for it to finish the event and not gettting into enrage.

But beware, if two click it at same time, both get the debuff. So you should set an order at start, and stick to it. Or use Teamspeak and call out who should click at the given time.

Agree with what everyone else has said. You need to rotate raid members to click the appropriate console. Our guild usually designates a person (usually the tank) to call out who is up next in each group. We usually start with the tank first off since he won't be able to during the fight, then rotate through the DPS and healer on each pylon to complete it. Did it last night and each group had only a single Acklay to deal with.

Agree with what everyone else has said. You need to rotate raid members to click the appropriate console. Our guild usually designates a person (usually the tank) to call out who is up next in each group. We usually start with the tank first off since he won't be able to during the fight, then rotate through the DPS and healer on each pylon to complete it. Did it last night and each group had only a single Acklay to deal with.

Yup. As everyone else is chiming in, rotation is key.

To cut confusion, set up your Op windows accordingly. (Group together the people at each pylon). We usually just start from the top and click down (like person on top of Op group clicks first, and so on and so forth). It's pretty simple, and makes it easier to just say "Click" in Teamspeak rather than everyone shouting out names.

You shouldn't have to kill more than 1 Acklay, and quite a few times we've burned it so fast the first Acklay doesn't even come out (depends on the puzzle set up though).

Also, there are some really useful Apps on the Android and iOS Marketplace for this encounter. So if you have a smartphone you can just load up the App and it tells you how many clicks you need. Makes it super easy.

Before starting EV i rearrange groups so each grp has a tank or tank-like player, a healer and a balance of dps.

Then for Pylon fight we split up the groups, grp 1 N and grp 2 S. Then each grp will have a puzzle leader who is best at solving puzzle to assign the clickers as they prefer.

Reason I do this because my other leader prefers a 3 man rotation while I prefer 4 man, to each their own as long as it gets done. I always go in order of tank, healer, dps, dps.

We always go South solve first. And put both solutions in Ops chat, so the leaders know when one has to wait on other. Then we announce when solving to stay on proper rotation.

So far this has worked well for my group.