Pre req for HM and OPS

Do I need to run the normal modes of say, Battle of Ilum and False Emperor before I can run the Hard Mode version? Same question for the 2 OPS. One person I talked to said yes, another said no.

I didn't do D7 on reg but have the HM quest. I googled some info and some are saying exploit. Just looking for some clarification on the matter. Thanks for any help.

Foundry and Boarding party, and maybe D7, are the only ones you need to complete on normal mode to unlock the hard modes. False emperor and Battle of Ilum can be done in HM right away.

Actually, you can do Foundry and BP on hard without clearing normal first, as long as you're level 50. Just have to abandon the normal-mode version of the respective Flashpoint quest and talk to the NPC that gives it to take the Hard Mode version.

Ok cool - I have the D7 hard mode quest by abandoning the original. Then I grabbed it again so I have both in my mission log now. Good to know about Ilum and False Emperor, thanks!

Anyone know about Kaon Under Siege, EV and KP?

Kaon, EV, and KP can all be done in hard without clearing normal, though I would strongly recommend against trying HM EV/KP unless you're geared in full columi (or at least close to it).

if you do corellia and get the 50 stuff from there you're well on your way. 48 blues prolly the min for hardmodes unless you're getting carried by people with Columi sets.

operations are basically the same as hardmode fp's for gear requirements, nothing crazy needed, hardmode though you should have your columi set or at least most of it.

p.s. I would definetely run at least a few normal 47-50 stuff just to try and maybe get a couple things and give you an idea what to expect come the hard mode. I suggest D7 normal/false emperor normal and Battle of Ilum normal the last one if you don't mind killing alot of adds heh.. cuz there are.. tons heh. not as bad as kaon hard mode but still quite a few in the caverns section.

Edited by Macabakur

Actually, you can do Foundry and BP on hard without clearing normal first, as long as you're level 50. Just have to abandon the normal-mode version of the respective Flashpoint quest and talk to the NPC that gives it to take the Hard Mode version.

Kaon, EV, and KP can all be done in hard without clearing normal, though I would strongly recommend against trying HM EV/KP unless you're geared in full columi (or at least close to it).

you still have to do the Boarding party pre quest. which leads on to the foundry one.