why are shadow/sin such garbage in pvp?

Werronious

I came back to the game 3 months ago to realise that this class is such garbage in pvp.

Defensives give absolutely no defense(60% avoidance and you still get hit by absolutely every attack out there).

Ressistance and you still get dmg through it for full dmg.

Heals are 50k in whole WZ.

Attacks that hit 25k max while you get hit 30-40-50k by other classes.

What the hell?!?:confused:

Seeing every other dps classes out there average 500-800k in heals every wz, what is going on here??:confused:

We should be glass canons with this garbage defensives and yet still we are only pure glass.

Where is the balance/love for this once awesome class???

I came back to the game 3 months ago to realise that this class is such garbage in pvp.

Defensives give absolutely no defense(60% avoidance and you still get hit by absolutely every attack out there).

Ressistance and you still get dmg through it for full dmg.

Heals are 50k in whole WZ.

Attacks that hit 25k max while you get hit 30-40-50k by other classes.

What the hell?!?:confused:

Seeing every other dps classes out there average 500-800k in heals every wz, what is going on here??:confused:

We should be glass canons with this garbage defensives and yet still we are only pure glass.

Where is the balance/love for this once awesome class???

If you are playing regs, Sins are fine.

so...you want to be the new concealment op? cuz that's what's going to happen when you're a stealth class that hits like a mack truck.

Sins were receiving nothing but mind-boggling changes/nerfs since PW hijack.

Hatred can do well in terms of numbers, it has additional 30% dmg to low-health targets, but Hatred is squishy af. And whoever was that genius who decided to tie dot spread to lacerate- thank you sir, can I have your stuff?

Deception is more sturdy, but it’s damage depends on rng, mechanics got dumbed down (like hell we asked for maul now being used from whatever position dealing “slightly less damage”), and it offers only control, which is good for PvP and can do tricks in right hands. Not sure who hit you with 50K, and, yeah, you won’t get these sweet maul crits often now. Adding insult to injury- both specs now lost their 30% dmg reduction while stunned; only tanks have them.

Out-of-combat stealth is not as good in current meta with nets flying around everywhere, plus any half decent player will highly have a good guess on which hole you chose to h2f.

Honestly the fact that my favorite class is in such a poor state is the main reason I barely log in nowadays. You can still do good on sins/shadows depending on comp and your skill level, but then you just look at other classes and see no point being a free kill 50% of the time. Only PTs have it worse I think.

so...you want to be the new concealment op? cuz that's what's going to happen when you're a stealth class that hits like a mack truck.

Too bad it doesent do much if you use it and you still are in combat while in stealth and you need to wait 1-2 mins combat to wear off...great right?

Edited by Werronious

Only PTs have it worse I think.

only been in regs since I've been back, but PTs hit really hard. like...really hard. a good sin is just annoying b/c of control and timely use of escape CDs. but man oh man. the only thing that hits harder than a PT, imo, is mara -- I could care less what other melee are doing to me; it tickles. PT is harder to kite though. iunno. I think sin is a lot more difficult to play than PT in current meta. PT, you just do what you do. sin requires a lot more awareness.

:2cents:

Sins were receiving nothing but mind-boggling changes/nerfs since PW hijack.

Hatred can do well in terms of numbers, it has additional 30% dmg to low-health targets, but Hatred is squishy af. And whoever was that genius who decided to tie dot spread to lacerate- thank you sir, can I have your stuff?

That was a major crap. I miss 2.8 Madness. The perfect spec.

Edited by Aetideus

Too bad it doesent do much if you use it and you still are in combat while in stealth and you need to wait 1-2 mins combat to wear off...great right?

no idea what you're talking about. my point was if you want to be a stealth "cannon," you're going to get nerfed hard like concealment.

That was a major crap. I miss 2.8 Madness. The perfect spec.

What was so special about Madness/Balance in 2.8? Looking at the patch notes I don't see anything remarkable. I get that somewhere around 3.0 Balance could spread dots via Force in Balance, which for a brief time made the class seem OP due to the insane numbers they could so easily pull. If you like pulling big numbers then that was a good change for you but personally I see it as the main catalyst of what ruined a lot of what made the spec fun.

Balance was at its peak in 1.x, honestly. It wasn't super strong, but it wasn't weak either. It was, no pun intended, balanced. The changes in 2.0 were stupid and made the class a lot less enjoyable to play and they have repaired some of the damage caused since then. For instance, Serenity Strike was a nice addition, as was the proc for Spinning Strike (though I do miss using Shadow Strike). But because of how easy it is to DoT-spread, they've reduced the amount of healing we receive from our DoTs. So if you want to get any noticable self-heals you got to spread your DoTs. The whole gameplay revolves around spreading DoTs these days. AoE pressure can be useful but the spec really feels like a one-trick pony. Which sucks, because in the past it was fairly versatile (good mix of ranged and melee attacks and unique utility unavailable to Infiltration).

That said, I still play Balance on my Shadow. I actually enjoy being squishy. It's a fun challenge. But the hit to self-healing*, particularly in 1v1 scenarios, and the removal of the 30% damage reduction when stunned (as Zhezvya pointed out above) makes it a frustrating experience sometimes. Mainly because it feels like I'm always at a disadvantage when I'm in a 1v1. Which is bad for a stealth class, since often we'll have to do 1v1s due to being on defense.

Edit: Also, a tip to the OP: spec 60% damage reduction when you use Force Speed and spec it so that Force Speed lasts longer and has shorter CD. I often find myself using Force Speed as a defensive tool these days, particularly against Fury Marauders/Rage Juggernauts who have very predictable hard-hitting attacks. Deflection is garbage. Force Speed is where it's at.

Edit 2: *I know we get healed by serenity strike but the tactic against other melee classes in 1.x was to kite them and only enter melee when they suffered a hard CC. We'd weave in and out of melee. Serenity strike forces us into melee, which puts us in danger. The damage taken by entering melee often outweighs the healing caused by serenity strike. I like it as an ability, but I preferred to have a steady stream of incoming heals when kiting.

Edited by Majspuffen

There is nothing wrong with sins in pvp. DPS PTs, juggs, and sorcs all have it worse.

Yes indeed.

For regs anything, even PTs lol, are perfectly viable.

In ranked it still seems to be something like:

Merc (Arsenal)

Mara (Fury)

Sniper (MM seems to be the new Eng)

Oper (Con)

Sin (Mostly Decep)

Sorc (Both dps specs can be viable)

Jugg (Veng)

PT

Assuming equal skill level of course. And some of these are interchangeable.

Pfft.

This meta + gear hell + ELO ranking can not end soon enough :(

1. Sins got nerfed because according to Bioware's combat team that is "specialized" for PVP class balance considered that they are overperforming and needed a nerf..

2. Why are you people crying about Hatred ? Yes it's garbage now and you can thank that to the wonderful playerbase that was popping threads on daily basis on how OP it is and Bioware did nothing but LISTEN to feedback from you guys.

3. This meta is terrible now and I am honestly getting bored to death of it... Ranked wants you to play only specific classes and if you play anything else you gonna have a really hard time.

no idea what you're talking about. my point was if you want to be a stealth "cannon," you're going to get nerfed hard like concealment.

I think he was talking about the tendency of the shadow combat stealth, which in theory takes us out of combat, not actually doing that a lot of the time. I learned a big part of the problem, for me, was that the utility that adds 2 seconds to resilience and .5 seconds to force speed, that also makes force speed slow enemies. And slowing enemies counts as an "attack" or something, and puts you right back in combat. I had a habit of cloaking out and immediately hitting force speed to "get the heck out dodge", so I had to un-train myself from doing things that way.

But it still happens sometimes, for various reasons, that cloaking out doesn't exit combat. And then, of course, I would swear that it's RNG for how long it takes to drop on it's own. Because it sure seems like sometimes it's 5 seconds, and sometimes it's 5 minutes. :p

Edited by Banderal

Edit 2: *I know we get healed by serenity strike but the tactic against other melee classes in 1.x was to kite them and only enter melee when they suffered a hard CC. We'd weave in and out of melee. Serenity strike forces us into melee, which puts us in danger. The damage taken by entering melee often outweighs the healing caused by serenity strike. I like it as an ability, but I preferred to have a steady stream of incoming heals when kiting.

Crafted healing relic helps (crafted, because I didn't found a way to get from npc for all type of currencies)., so best now is GEMINI- violet for me avail.

And ye - all kind of defenses are priorities there.

Such setup is pretty fun in aoe messes like voidstar, even with my full 230.

You want hard mode in pvp? Try playing a madness sorc. It's almost like your some weird off tank. If they leave you be you can push out some decent dmg. But once the enemy comes dmg stops as you start a loosing race to heal, evade and bubble. Though this can be good for the team, if they use the distraction to burst down the opposition. And once you do that, plenty of jerks will start griping about your numbers. As if your somehow supposed to tank 4 players attacking you and keep putting out dmg. Somehow.. they just don't get that's not going to work, and trying will get you vaporized in around 5 seconds if that long.

Assassin was nerfed along with most other classes when they decided that the surge bonuses given out in spec trees were too strong. A long time ago, a lot of DPS specs had like a 30% crit bonus. These were all severely reduced to balance PVE and burst PVP specs like Deception suffered the most.

You want hard mode in pvp? Try playing a madness sorc. It's almost like your some weird off tank. If they leave you be you can push out some decent dmg. But once the enemy comes dmg stops as you start a loosing race to heal, evade and bubble. Though this can be good for the team, if they use the distraction to burst down the opposition. And once you do that, plenty of jerks will start griping about your numbers. As if your somehow supposed to tank 4 players attacking you and keep putting out dmg. Somehow.. they just don't get that's not going to work, and trying will get you vaporized in around 5 seconds if that long.

you just described every dps class in the game and most heals and tank specs. literally no one can face tank 3-4 dps.

I feel like its definitely harder to play dps sin in solo and wz than for example merc but you do have tools to anticipate the incoming cc or damage, stealth, decent damage and utilities. U just cannot stand there like merc and take the damage.

Now if you want hard try powertech/vanguard dps, you will see then what is hard or close to garbage.

I love pw/van but for freak sake why mercs cannot share some of their defensive utilities with their brothers.