Getting 252 offhand for Mara

TrixxieTriss

What’s the best method for getting 252 off hand for my Mara (or any class) after doing the first world boss mission to get my main hand.

Obviously one that doesn’t involve doing an operation.

You can exchange your unassembled components up to 1500 per week to vendor for the crystals and outright buy the offhand

What’s the best method for getting 252 off hand for my Mara (or any class) after doing the first world boss mission to get my main hand.

Obviously one that doesn’t involve doing an operation.

If you have a legacy saber, you can run an alt sentinel through first world boss quest. If not, either buying it for 2 master work crystals from the vendor or just hoping to get lucky with the weekly quest... (but there is always the RNG factor there).

Running an Alt sentinel will vastly speed up gearing into a 252 since you can coordinate between the 2 characters which boxes to gamble.

Happy hunting! And May the force be with you!

If you have a legacy saber, you can run an alt sentinel through first world boss quest. If not, either buying it for 2 master work crystals from the vendor or just hoping to get lucky with the weekly quest... (but there is always the RNG factor there).

Running an Alt sentinel will vastly speed up gearing into a 252 since you can coordinate between the 2 characters which boxes to gamble.

Happy hunting! And May the force be with you!

Thanks for input guys.

I already rushed this Mara to Ossus without finalising my story. I want to keep my other to get all the comps I prefer.

Thanks for input guys.

I already rushed this Mara to Ossus without finalising my story. I want to keep my other to get all the comps I prefer.

On this note, I just skipped my operative past “knights of the eternal...” story and my 50 companion turned into a rank 1... now I wish I didn’t skip to ossus...

On this note, I just skipped my operative past “knights of the eternal...” story and my 50 companion turned into a rank 1... now I wish I didn’t skip to ossus...

This is just part of the reason why I don't like some of the new content. I don't do much for crafting, just some of my own augs... but why do I have to lose my one companion that I put some effort into, to raise influence, to get better crafting chances... and then *poof* ... gone. :mad:

[Edit: sorry, got off topic. One thing though, Trixie, are you sure you need the *OFF* hand? The bit of testing I did seemed to indicate that it was only the main hand that was not bolstered. But I wasn't sure of that.]

Edited by Banderal

A little late, but a better aproach (for some) could be to choose Off Hand from first WBs on your main toon; and then get other class that shares main hand and you don't mind skipping to Ossus to grab it.

But there is hope. If you have a Jugg/Guardian for some reason they have the option for the Mara/Sent off hand.

In any case, that is still one of the problems. RNG from 252 boxes is as much or more frustrating than RNG from 5.0 galactic comand. I created a boost mirror toon to help in that regard with my main. And so far i got zero new 252 bonus pieces.

I ended up buying the 252 offhand from the vendor.

But equipping it actually reduced my health stats through Bolster. But my power did go up a little,

So I’m 100% now that Bolster definitely looks at you off hand. It just ignores your main hand for some reason.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yep, that’s happened to one of my crafters :mad::mad:

Man I was angry.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Is there a fix for companions? Or am I just screwed?

I don’t know. Apparently Bioware were/are/maybe going to fix it.

I think they now classify their bug fixes under an RNG system (in line with the games RNG policy) and it’s an “exciting” surprise each week when they see which bug they get to work on :p

Which means, it may never get fixed

I actually forgot about it and took this particular Mara to do the Ossus dailies. Then found out I’d lost my high lvl Vette and she was replaced with a lvl 1 vette.

This really made me angry because this Mara is my main crafter and now I will have to lvl up another comp to vette’s old lvl. Which means a few mil in credits.

Yep, that’s happened to one of my crafters :mad::mad:

Man I was angry.

default choices tend to be obvious/generic (e.g., pub toons will side with the pubs on iokath and, thus, pick up elara dorne rather than quinn). but I feel your pain for missing out on the story, especially if it's for a companion that played a major roll in your class story like jorgan or dorne for trooper.

/aside

I have two Blizzes in my BH companion panel: one is listed as recruited; the other is listed as "companion."

default choices tend to be obvious/generic (e.g., pub toons will side with the pubs on iokath and, thus, pick up elara dorne rather than quinn). but I feel your pain for missing out on the story, especially if it's for a companion that played a major roll in your class story like jorgan or dorne for trooper.

/aside

I have two Blizzes in my BH companion panel: one is listed as recruited; the other is listed as "companion."

Nah, I had two Vettes and they removed the one I had with high affection and left me the lvl 1 Vette. And I still had her till I finished the Ossus story. As soon as I did the last mission with Malgus, she became unavailable.

Edited by TrixxieTriss