Ship Droid: april fools or not?

displaynamee

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do they ever post big update things like that on weekends? NO!

it was a joke, just like the sarlaac enforcer in the past.

it was posted on april 1st. for some people it may have been march 31st still simply because of the timezone they are in, but in the zone where it was published it was already april 1st

I didn't like it.

They didn't include modfiable engine gear to get the .008 percent increase stat.

Wash windows? What about painting the quarters the same color? Bonus XP for exact color match.

No quests to make sure everyone will remember your name.

And yes, it was a joke.

Edited by Only-a-Lad

I didn't like it.

They didn't include modfiable engine gear to get the .008 percent increase stat.

Wash windows? What about painting the quarters the same color? Bonus XP for exact color match.

No quests to make sure everyone will remember your name.

And yes, it was a joke.

I swear with as many times as 2V's repainted my Assassin's quarters, she must be constantly high on paint fumes.

I asked Stephen Reid if it was an April Fools joke and later in the day he posted this on his twitter:

Stephen Reid ‏ @Rockjaw

Something tells me we may have messed up the timing on the #ShipDroid announcement.

This leads me to believe that it just might be a real announcement.

I asked Stephen Reid if it was an April Fools joke and later in the day he posted this on his twitter:

Stephen Reid ‏ @Rockjaw

Something tells me we may have messed up the timing on the #ShipDroid announcement.

This leads me to believe that it just might be a real announcement.

I'm hoping so, at first I thought it was a joke but I'm hoping it's real!

im sure this is real and was not a joke because this was posted a few days before april 1st ask yourself this why would they spend that much time into that if it was only a joke if anyone have read about it a little longer you might think diffrent

i think its real niterunner but other's think it was a joke on the ship droid they prolly forgot how close it was to april 1st when they posted that maybe people should look at your link you posted to tell themselves its real and will be in 1.2

One day a company will realise that the biggest joke would be to actually include the content.

In Team Fortress 2, they announced Jar-based Karate (Jarate) on an April 1st. It was a jar filled with urin. And after some time they really went with it and put it in the game. It is a viable weapon now!

So keep reaching for the stars, maybe one day you will be able to do your window-cleaning all day ;)

One day a company will realise that the biggest joke would be to actually include the content.

Quoted For Truth as my twitter feed supports the reality of Ship Droid:

The Old Republic ‏ @SWTOR

@golemite Glad to see you're just as excited as we are! Some people think it's a joke, which is sad. We should have released it sooner! :(

@The_Stargazer Oh my, it IS April 1st! We chose an awful day to announce this amazing new feature that is in no way a joke at all!

@OldZandar April Fools? We would never joke about the very serious subject of the Ship Droid Experience!

@TheMc_Cracken What do you mean? Of course it's real! We're all looking forward to it and we hope you are too. :)

I really wish a dev would come in and get this squared up, but considering what the SWTOR Twitter team is saying I support the reality of this upcoming minigame.