This is why GW2 will take most of your subscribers away

antmag

I'm on SW from the start, but 1 week at GW2 was enough to realise HOW POOR your pvp is!

Chain CC's , PVE cc's on PVP, this is not a game of skill is a game for " push all your cc's and try to burn the other player down." ah and Marauders, then you have marauders...

almost 7 months of SW and you guys seems that you didn't learn nothing from your mistakes.

Bye SWTOR!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP might not have a get post butt in small way he's right, GW2 will be taking a large number of people away from swtor, what then?

And we care why? they leave they leave, no need to be 30 trillion threads about it. All i wanna know is can i have they're stuff . . .

Edited by PowerReaper

And we care why? they leave they leave, no need to be 30 trillion threads about it. All i wanna know is can i have they're stuff . . .

we care because if people leave Swotr then PVP pops will be longer, lfg will be longer people wont wait around too long they will go the the game that has people doing things in it.

I'm on SW from the start, but 1 week at GW2 was enough to realise HOW POOR your pvp is!

Chain CC's , PVE cc's on PVP, this is not a game of skill is a game for " push all your cc's and try to burn the other player down." ah and Marauders, then you have marauders...

almost 7 months of SW and you guys seems that you didn't learn nothing from your mistakes.

Bye SWTOR!

GW2 a game promoted and built around PvP with PvE as the side content. = No Gear Grind

SWtOR a game built around Story Based PvE with PvE as the Side Content. = Gear Grind

Yes PvP needs fixing in almost every mmo game, expecting and demanding perfection wont get you anything but frustration and zits. Also Arena.net is the #1 offenders for the harshest nerfs look at Necros from GW1 1st week after launch was the weakest class ever recorded;

Last Beta already thrown out the nerf rumors about Engineer and Necro are already planned on a 47% reduction in all damage and survivability and longer CD on CC with shorter effects then any class in any MMO in history

Ranger getting reduced Ranged damage by 15%.

Mesme and Ele getting a 35% damage and surviability increase and two AoE based CC+Root combination, Guardian, Warrior and Thief, getting hit with 30% Damage lost for melee combact and a .05 sec GCD on all melee attacks - remember all rumors, but look at Arena.nets history who is known for nerfing classes for no reason as well.

I enjoy both games - will play both games, care less what the fotm reroller hipster militant coffee shop kids think which game is better, as long as thay are fun - :)

Also Mara / Sent are easy to kill, it's called make friends and create a premade.

Edited by RangKer

If what I heard is true about GW2 there will be no gear grinding and PvP will be strictly skill based. I would go there in an eye-blink if it was not an idiotic cartoon style MMO, but our PvP rejects will be back in a week.

No pvp stat, and everyone is max level with all skills, no bolster. Sounds good. If only it weren't another fantasy genre...

GW2;pvp requires no leveling or character progression .

Having a skill based game, where the outcome of battle is based on your reflexes and abilities as player instead of arbitrary stats on your clothes..doesn't mean there isn't any levels or progression. The skills trees and ability customization is miles ahead of swtor in terms of depths.

Anyone saying GW2 will kill SWTOR is kidding themselves. But anyone thinking PvPers are going to stick around TOR for rated warzones are just as delusional. People playing MMOs for competitive pvp will be playing GW2. No one will be playing TOR for the PvP once GW2 is released.

If what I heard is true about GW2 there will be no gear grinding and PvP will be strictly skill based. I would go there in an eye-blink if it was not an idiotic cartoon style MMO, but our PvP rejects will be back in a week.

lol what? SWTOR looks way more cartoony.

swtor is not a pvp game, so comparing it to gw2 is not fair. also swtor is on the ropes no matter how big a fan boy you are. merges 6 months in and none of the original staff left says volumes in comparison to any other mmo launched in the last 10 years. bioware is no longer hiding that there are major issues with the game and its future. 400,000 subscriptions cancelled during a two month stretch and 150,000 last month means people are getting fired in austin this month. Its only a matter of time until swtor goes free to play and subscription numbers balance out and it becomes a niche game. 5+ years from now there will be no other way of describing swtor other than a failure. the money made will not change the amount of money that could have been made. thats just the facts.

GW2;pvp requires no leveling or character progression ... that's going to overtake swtor;pvp? Keep dreaming because as much as you hate the twinkie that sob tastes great.

This is incorrect. GW2 warzones don't require it, but the real PvP in GW2 is open world, and it definitely requires it. Well, it requires it if you want to win lol. SWTOR PvP is a sad joke, 8 vs. 8 in the same wz's over and over and over again.