Arena Matches in Outlaw's Den

Syberduh

As Melyn said in the other thread, as of now it's quite difficult to get two 8-man teams to queue for rated matches. As an alternative to rated, I'm starting a thread to gauge interest in arena-style matches. Doesn't have to be in Outlaw's Den but that seems like the most logical spot. Other servers have had success with tournaments of 1v1 2v2 and 4v4 matches. I'd be willing to put up at least a couple hundred k in prize money if there's interest.

To broaden the appeal, I think all matches should be recruit-gear-only. But if only augmented WH players are interested we can certainly do that too.

Post here and let me know if this sounds at all appealing to you.

-- Ushanev

Edited by Syberduh

Exiles and Grim already hosted an event like this earlier in the month. The overall outcome was successful but only when we threw in some interesting rules to follow by. Doing a simple 8v8 or 4v4 open world pvp match really isn't that entertaining. Getting a group of 9 players and doing a cycle 3v3 match however is.

I totally would do Descordia it in a slave girl outfit! Nakkid pvp matches are hilarious if you want to throw in a few fun side matches along with the more serious kind.

I also thought this idea was worthy of attention as an alternative, since the high level pvp seems stalled on our server. Ebon Hawk is doing "Ranked Kickball" http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534484. I would love to do this on Descordia (a toon that probably will never get to see a real ranked warzone otherwise and I'm sure there are many in the same situation) but maybe it needs it's own thread.

The randomness of assigning teams helps break up groups a little which seems to be currently causing a lot of issues and could make a night based on intentions of fun instead of raw competition. Either way I'm dying for something different PVP wise. I'll do anything I can to help.

Edited by Desiirea